• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sighting in help with SH IOR on AR10...

Sawyer

no one
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2008
Bird Rock
I need some help.

I just finished building my AR-10.

I used my SL-100 (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...200006&rid=) to sight in at home before heading to the range.

I get to the range and set up at the 100 yard line and everything is WAY high. I adjust the elevation all the way up and the rounds are still way high. I adjust the elevation all the way down and the rounds are still way high. I can see the recticle moving when I am adjusting. Nothing I do gets this thing on paper. I am at a loss here.

My set up is as follows:
Noveske N6 Lower
Eagle Arms AR10T match upper.
Badger 22 MOA Rail Riser
SH IOR 3-18x42.

Any idea what is going on here? Any helpful tips to figure this out?

Re: Sighting in Help...

Did you mount the riser rail backwards? So you have 22 MOA UP rather than DOWN?

I was thinking about that.... I would swear no... But I have been an idiot before. I have what looks to be the thinner end towards the barrel.

I'd double or triple check it.

FWIW: I also have an N6 Lower, with Eagle 10T upper, and it is a great shooter.

Alright, took it all apart. If I am looking at the Badger Rail Riser, the top has 22MOA marked on it like this

<< 22 MOA <<

I am assuming these "<<" point in the direction of the barrel. Is that correct?

Thanks!

I'd sight it in on the flat-top without using the riser. If you can't sight in like that, then it's not the riser.

Thanks guys! I will trouble shoot with out the riser if it doesnt work next range trip. Here is the part that is throwing me off. I am able to site it fine using the laser. Just isnt hitting the side of a barn at 100 yds... Re adjusted everything last night. I am going to start at 25 yds next and adjust from there working up to 50 yds, 75 yds, etc. and see what happens.