• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightmark Pinnacle 5-30x Mil Based Scope

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I have a few scopes to test out, some pricey and some rather affordable, this Sightmark Pinnacle feels pretty good at first blush opening the box.

Mil based turrets, hold over type reticle, it has capped turrets but we can't just immediately hold that against it.

Rather interesting

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Signtmark Pinnacle ","src":"https:\/\/scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net\/v\/t31.0-8\/16992213_1362533027103550_3554050336648351075_o.jpg?oh=3f1ccab242fa2d8ba67f85a5454194da&oe=5934AA41"}[/IMG2]

I have one in hand I am testing and playing with as well. I will post some results in your thread as well. I also have their latitude 20-60 mil reticle spotter in hand and it looks pretty dang good too.
    c1026a956c25df10b1ff36baabec8683.jpg
    65c85fc85ee60e96930475f82b202344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing, reading your thoughts, etc.! I'm currently running the Sightmark Pinnacle 5-30x50 TMD FFP Scope on my McRees Precision BR10 .308. I also have a build project going on now with another McRees Precision BR10 kit in 6.5 Creedmoor for an article I'm writing. That same scope will move over to the 6.5 until I can own two of them.

Well I've got it mounted up. Going to get it on the humbler shortly and see how it is then spend some time shooting it. Looks pretty dang good glass wise. If it tracks solid I'd say it's another nice option for shooters.
    1a7f8fa4bee9e8c602f208b8a24bc702.jpg
    14f6f554d5f1703cfe219340e2b47bf0.jpg
    3e73809b6c6f6e4ec3e7ef59b303608f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool that Sightmark is stepping up their game.
    Is this another LOW product?
    Looks like they supply a ring to protect the threads for the turret cap like the SWFA SS 1-6x24, so it can be run either way?

KSE is that uni-mount made by Badger? Looks pretty solid.

I've been posting about the Pinnacle for more than 2 years. And getting laughed at. Should be fun watching the change in attitude. As an aside, I paid $995.

Pretty cool that Sightmark is stepping up their game.
    Is this another LOW product?
    Looks like they supply a ring to protect the threads for the turret cap like the SWFA SS 1-6x24, so it can be run either way?

KSE is that uni-mount made by Badger? Looks pretty solid.

Joe, I believe this is in fact another LOW optic. Everything about it screams it to me along with the obvious made in Japan on it.

They do supply a ring and caps for both turrets.

The mount is a badger unimount. It's robust as hell. I love it.

Has there been any update on the testing? Saw this scope on Frank's video on the tall-target / optic testing rig and was curious. I see it doesn't have locking turrets, which is unfortunate.

Has there been any update on the testing? Saw this scope on Frank's video on the tall-target / optic testing rig and was curious. I see it doesn't have locking turrets, which is unfortunate.

I am finishing up the review quick as I can.

The scope is actually very nice and in my opinion it's every bit as good as a Bushnell for a bit less money.

The scope scored a 2.5% error factor, or to put it it in perspective, .103 Mils of adjustments needed per click

it has some Chromatic Aberrations, purple, yellow, but the picture is actually very nice and I like the reticle in it. Given my experience with Althon, I would tend to opt for the Pinnacle over the Monster A, but we are splitting a bit of hairs

But use wise, its worth its price of admission

Finishing the review, the written part will be up tomorrow

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BB1X3UUFm9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice review Frank....the list of "budget friendly" high performance scopes is getting longer and longer. Which is great in my opion.

Last edited:
    Frank,

Don't know if it was mentioned, but the Pinnacle comes with precision fit thread covers for the turrets. Once you put them on, the turrets appear to have no cap threads.

I've checked out their 15-45 spotter with reticle and was pretty impressed for the price (looks just like the bushnell), I also picked up one of their rubber armored dot sights.

Good warranty, spoke with the rep a couple of times to ask questions. Very helpful and never a problem getting a hold of someone.