• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Signature Rifle

Re: Signature Rifle

Juts got off the phone with a shooter in Houston, been raining all day there as well.

Now..........where did I put that arc?

I don't know about you guys but I am getting tired of front heavy or just plain old heavy tactical rifles. Here's my .02. Why not make the 'Signature' rifle caliber specific. For example...

THE 6.5 SPARTAN

A custom action (preferably stamped with the name)

Shillen or Jewell trigger (I have had 3 poor experiences with rifle basix)

22" ABS Carbon wrapped barrel chambered in 260 Rem or 6.5x47 Lapua

Mcmillan HTG stock

Seekins DBM

In my opinion this rifle would be light, accurate, wieldy, and a good all position shooter. Not enough emphasis is placed on how well a rifle is balanced, a short barreled balanced rifle in any caliber always grabs my attention. If a guy is going to spend $3500+ why not have it all? You can never go wrong with OD green or Combat Black.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In my opinion this rifle would be light, accurate, wieldy, and a good all position shooter. If a guy is going to spend $3500+ why not have it all? You can never go wrong with OD green or Combat Black.</div></div>

Bye bye $3500 with a carbon fiber-wrapped barrel. And bye bye accuracy guarantee...

I would love a super-light, don't get me wrong, but that is no "signature" rifle.

A carbon wrapped blank is $900. If you were to use a less expensive action, perhaps a Lawton, it would offset the cost. $3500 would be an easily abtainable goal. I don't know anyone myself that has a 1/4moa carbon wrapped rifle but the 2 buddies of mine that have them shoot sub 1/2moa. I think that is better than most people shoot anyway and on a lighter platform. Ther is an article on 6br.com of a 10lb 300wsm shooting 5 shot groups at 600 yds that measure 1.9" from an ABS barrel. That should be worth $3500.

How about AEgis for the name. That's what we really need these days ain't it? Throw on some type of engraving, but include it in the price of every rifle (so people actually get it), let it be something you sent the stock to a friend to do. Maybe a shield or European crest inlayed in silver near the buttpad. And then give the option to engrave their name or a quote somewhere.

I say a surgeon action with 7mm WSM an option and a a solid black to go with the engraving. Cerakote or Gunkote on the receiver & barrel w/ NP3 on the bolt. McMillan A1-3 would be my choice on the stock, but the more choice you give a customer, the better.

If you do go the .25 MOA guarantee route, I think Black Hills would be a better round to cut the chamber too, since it's more affordable, or is it just the throat angle matching the SMK that matters?

I do like the addition of the custom engraving or paint.
That would be a pretty cool addition. Small quote in one of the camo marks...maybe your own personal addition as to keep it.
To XXX
Hit the steel
5" at 1000
William (signature)

I don't think the signature build wiil have "custom" engraving.
Then it becomes a "custom." I do not work at LA Precision. But I can tell you that it will not have a carbon fiber wrapped barrel.And it won't be a surgeon action. I doubt abything is gonna be inlaid in silver, but Roscoe is kinda kinky like that.
He has his action pretty much nailed down, And he will be testing it shortly. It's hard to make money selling a rifle for 3k when you have 1100 bucks in the action. Like I stated before, I do not work for Roscoe and I'm not tryin to put words in his mouth, but I think he would agree.

I just figured with all the competition out there, you got to have something to stay ahead of the pack. Engraving should cost about $50 per rifle or something like that, and things can really happen when you get creative.

Are you saying he's thinking of making his own custom actions?

I should have the prototype receiver in hand today. It's a receiver manufactured to my specs with the bells and whistles that a Remington 700 needs / should have. My company name and model is engraved on the receiver with custom serial numbers. I've already decided on the color scheme for the metal & stock, the first caliber choice and stock design. The stock is on order as is the barrel. The barrel is a Krieger and is not carbon fiber. I'll make a few changes to the prototype receiver and bolt then start production. I'll have the first rifle in 30 days or so and begin testing. There'll also be an open invitation to any SH member that wishes to shoot the rifle. Ranges will be from 100 to 1k yards with match ammo.

The color scheme is something you don’t see everyday and will feature two tone paint on the metal. As soon as the prototype receiver is in hand I'll post a few pictures. This rifle is going to be bad ass.

The prototype made it here and I mocked it up with the Surgeon DBM. No trigger or firing pin but this gives you an idea as to what I'm doing. I'll make a few changes and were off.

vew7i8.jpg

34rw405.jpg

o585fs.jpg

Glen Harrison does nice work. I have one of his Pheonix Recievers (before it changed to Defiance Mach.) and it was very nice, integral lugs were right on the money!

William, is that a Kiff bolt(PT&G)? What did you go with for bolt diameter, the standard .697" or tighter?

Looks very promising but Dude, momma aint allowing no new firearms around here.....

Maybe you could do a group buy on the actions for us guys that have to build them piece by piece.

i may have one suggestion. for your prototype, build it the way you want with the parts that you want and finish/color and all the bells and whistles to show off what you can do. but as far as stock and finish for orders, i think you will see from this thread that tastes vary. build the gun, let the customer have the choice or final say on finish and furniture. that may have been your plan all along and you were just thinking out loud to get opinions on the prototype. but as long as the mechanics are good, we as customers will trust you and decide on the rest. you dont want someone walking away from a sale cause the color or stock isnt right. but what do i know?