• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencer/Brake Question

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    So I am looking into a new brake for one of my6.5's. Im trying to decide between a SiCo ASR Muzzle Brake that will work with a SiCo Saker 7.62 silencer i have with their quick detach system or the Area 419 Self Timing Hellfire.

With the 419 i can get the adapter and use the Saker, but that requires removal of the brake. i really like the ability to just put on the silencer over the brake.

My question is this, is there an advantage or disadvantage to the system that you thread on the silencer over the brake vs removing the brake and then threading on a silencer?

Thread Over Muzzle Brake (TOMB) setups are advantageous due to just putting one thing on and taking it off. If you take off your muzzle device then you'll have to keep track of the shims and all in addition to keeping track of the brake and the time spent taking it off. I blue loctite my TOMB mounts on.

Thread Over Muzzle Brake (TOMB) setups are advantageous due to just putting one thing on and taking it off. If you take off your muzzle device then you'll have to keep track of the shims and all in addition to keeping track of the brake and the time spent taking it off. I blue loctite my TOMB mounts on.

The hell fire system is a bit different in that it has an adaptor that goes onto the barrel and stays there. Then a muzzle break can thread on to that. But there is a third piece that replaces the sico asr/dt module and mounts on the same adaptor.
    http://www.area419.com/product/sidewinder-ua/

Ahh, I see. No 3/4x24 so I didn't look into it much. Plus I already had several TOMB brakes.