• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencer Co Shotgun Suppressor

I would really like to see how it is going to attach to different internal thread patterns of shotguns. Are they going to have different constrictions available?

I would guess it will have interchangeable pistons like the Osprey for different choke threads and patterns. Make it for the Beretta Optima HP and I'm all over it, friend-o!

I would really like to see how it is going to attach to different internal thread patterns of shotguns. Are they going to have different constrictions available?

Probably by using a replaceable piston-like threaded choke. It will be interesting to find out what sort of constriction they use on the adapters...as tight as possible, precluding slugs? Or straight-up cylinder? I just worry about the amount of weight being placed on very fine threading...if someone fails to screw it down completely, I could see it the threads getting stripped very fast.

I wonder how the modular design works? What does it look like on the inside, and how does it come apart...?

The modular part has my attention... Reminds me of some European designs. I wonder how (or if?) they were able to have a modular suppressor without each section having its own SN's??

To quote their site.. The Salvo 12 is modular in nature — the shooter can add or remove sections to balance their sound suppression, weight and length needs.

Was shooting suppressed shotguns, to cull rabbits, in the UK in 2007, and even then suppressed shotguns had been available for a lot longer than I can remember. Hardly a new concept and certainly not "the first"

I'd love to see what the 1 meter to the left of the muzzle db numbers are. 32 ounces for a hearing safe shotgun suppressor... I just don't see it.

Getting this for my UTAS 15. I can't think of any better match.

The numbers are on the site for Db at muzzle and shooters ear.

The video reminded me of a Hollywood production where the foley(sp) artist created the sounds and sweetened what might have been recorded....

Unless they had someone with a boom mike over the clay pigeons when they broke....

Being somone who has two cicadas living in my ears, I would like to see how this product works.

Not that we can have them in CA. :(

I've seen other commercially available shotgun suppressor so for sale. Almost jumped on one until I saw pics of the wads all gummed up I'm the baffle stack. Its a cool design and would look sexy on my Tromix sbs but I think I'm going to pass due to ATF wait times.

As far as comments go about it being the first shotgun suppressor, obviously we all know that is not true. However, this looks to be the first commercially viable option for those of us in the US which is precisely how SilencerCo is marketing it. Rightfully so, I think they will be fairly successful with this addition to their line. I'll wait to get my hands on one and actually use it at a demo shoot before I pass judgement or decide to throw my money at one.

The modular part has my attention... Reminds me of some European designs. I wonder how (or if?) they were able to have a modular suppressor without each section having its own SN's??

To quote their site.. The Salvo 12 is modular in nature — the shooter can add or remove sections to balance their sound suppression, weight and length needs.

It's pretty simple, the rearmost section that attaches to the Muzzle will be 6" in length and will be the registered portion as it will always be required to use the can since it bears the actual threaded mount.

Last edited:
You do realize they are fairly common in GB - right?

There are very very few shotgun suppressors in the UK. Its a niche market and not even close to commercially viable. Hell there are only 3 guns per 100 people... The Salvo is going to sell magnitudes greater than any other shotgun suppressor.

I remember reading about them on UK forums when No Country came out, IIRC they certainly weren't uncommon (nor were they regarded as 'highly' effective); regardless - it isn't the 'first' - right?

Call me funny, but words have meaning and credibility is everything with a can. Many of us buy them without ever hearing them in person or compared to other options; buy them when they first come out and sometimes based on promises of performance claims, timelines, or forthcoming mounts / options; wait the better part of year for them; and are then married to them for life. The industry as whole seems rife with companies that play fast and loose. Silencerco is going through a lot changes. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

Last edited:
SilencerCO is making leaps and bounds in the industry. I applaud them for their efforts in pushing the envelope. I had a friend that attended their product debut in Utah yesterday. He reported back that the performance of the suppressor was incredible.

I plan on getting a Salvo for my Benelli M4.

I remember reading about them on UK forums when No Country came out, IIRC they certainly weren't uncommon (nor were they regarded as 'highly' effective); regardless - it isn't the 'first' - right?

Call me funny, but words have meaning and credibility is everything with a can. Many of us buy them without ever hearing them in person or compared to other options; buy them when they first come out and sometimes based on promises of performance claims, timelines, or forthcoming mounts / options; wait the better part of year for them; and are then married to them for life. The industry as whole seems rife with companies that play fast and loose. Silencerco is going through a lot changes. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. A few poorly performing shotgun suppressors aren't what I call "commercially viable".

I dig it. Love to see it on a saiga 12 sbs or single barrel 12g sbs

I wonder if this would cause any reliability issues with the inertia system on the Benelli semi-autos? Either way, cool news and I may have to try it once its available.

Now if they'll get to work on building one that will clear the magazine tube on a sbs, they will have my interest and my money.

I wonder if this would cause any reliability issues with the inertia system on the Benelli semi-autos? Either way, cool news and I may have to try it once its available.

I talked to a few people that were there and they were shooting them on M2 feild versions, M4s and I thought he said a Super Sport too with no problems. Should be interesting

I'd have to figure out a way to get my Mossberg 930 threaded, perhaps also my 590 and 500 (18.5" bbl). I'm sure there's somebody out there that can do it. I would love to have one, but would love to hear it first before I bought one. I also need a Harvester, an Osprey, and a Saker. :) Wish I had money. :(

Branden

I'd like to see the numbers using high brass 00 buckshot. Possibly slugs.