• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SilencerCo ASR - teeth not aligning?

Ritterbruder

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with the SilencerCo ASR mounting system. On mine, I am having trouble getting the teeth on the brake to consistently align with the teeth on the ASR mount.

I mount the can per SiCo's instructions, which is to hand-tighten it on the host and then turn the locking ring. When turning the locking ring, I notice that there is a "hump" that I have to overcome in order to get the ring to tighten. If I get the "hump", I can check the teeth and notice that one set of teeth is aligned and the other isn't.

Aligned:
https://i.imgur.com/xL6xQpu.png

Misaligned:
https://i.imgur.com/zNTI3bC.png

If I turn the can counterclockwise with the lock ring engaged, I get a "click", and then both set of teeth are aligned.

Another way to get both set of teeth to align is to find the "sweet spot" before turning the locking ring. If I do that, then I don't notice the "hump" when I turn the ring; the ring turns effortlessly. However, with the teeth properly aligned, I get a slight wobble in the can because it is not screwed all the way down on the muzzle brake. I sure hope I am not inviting a baffle strike...

I have already damaged the teeth on one ASR mount from teeth alignment problems, and I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue.

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing. I sent my original asr module in to silencerco and they shipped me a new one. Still had the same problem. My work around was to thread the can onto the mount until it stops, lock the ring with the teeth not completely seated, and give it a good turn clockwise and it locks the teeth into place. Probably not the right way to do it but it works for me. I had considered getting the dead air keymo, but I'm pretty invested in the asr muzzle devices. Also, I found that I need to put a little lube on the inside of the lock ring from time to time. I noticed that it helps keep the locking teeth from shifting, which I think causes some of the misalignment. I hope that helps.

ive got 2 ASRs (Omega and Hybrid) and about 10 different barrels/rifles with ASR breaks...i only checked on the first 2-3 brakes and on none of them both sets of teeth aligned...i never checked any of the others because i have probably 5k rounds thru my omega and its never loosened...another 1k thru my hybrid and its never came loose either

Hm okay good to know thanks. I have 2 guns with ASR muzzle devices, and after some lube and breaking in, it properly aligns on one of them. On the other, it's still a bit tough. As long as there is no long-term issue I am happy with continuing on.

Mine does the same thing. I sent my original asr module in to silencerco and they shipped me a new one. Still had the same problem. My work around was to thread the can onto the mount until it stops, lock the ring with the teeth not completely seated, and give it a good turn clockwise and it locks the teeth into place. Probably not the right way to do it but it works for me. I had considered getting the dead air keymo, but I'm pretty invested in the asr muzzle devices. Also, I found that I need to put a little lube on the inside of the lock ring from time to time. I noticed that it helps keep the locking teeth from shifting, which I think causes some of the misalignment. I hope that helps.

I do the same thing.

Hand tighten it pretty good, lock it, then give it another monkey crank. Sometimes I get another "click" and we're rock solid. Sometimes it just locks up....

Hope this is the work around, because I just went through a full replacement of all my MAAD kit....

Having multiple suppressors from different manufacturers including ARS hybrid. If tightened correctly the teeth are a non issue. I have "taper mounts" from griffin, crux, sas and the ARS. None of them come loose if seated correctly. And yea I have fucked up an ARS mount. Got over it pretty quick.