• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silicon Valley Bank Shares Halted After Plunge Deepens UPDATE: The Silicon Valley Bank has been shut down by regulators

Just don’t you dare talk about the people behind the pattern lol
hulk_hogan_1.jpg

R

Some bank called "Silvergate" is allegedly shut down too.
Can anyone confirm or deny ?
Having trouble finding more on it.

no bailouts!

Not of shareholders, at least. If we force depositors to take haircuts, then things get ugly. But that would be deflationary and I'm all about fighting inflation.

Not of shareholders, at least. If we force depositors to take haircuts, then things get ugly. But that would be deflationary and I'm all about fighting inflation.
no way billionaires should be made whole on their deposits. 250k is the limit, make smarter decisions with your money. How are you going to sell to make whole Oprah, rich VCs etc?

no way billionaires should be made whole on their deposits. 250k is the limit, make smarter decisions with your money. How are you going to sell to make whole Oprah, rich VCs etc?

I'm deeply concerned by the hundreds of small & medium businesses who stand to get screwed because they lack effective options to carry the sort of cash balances required to engage in normal business. If a business got paid on Thursday and was going to make payroll on next Tuesday, that's not a situation that should be punished.

I might be talked into giving someone like Oprah (who supposedly had over $500 mil deposited) a haircut because being stupid should be painful.

Either way, put the shareholders at the back of the line. They get zeroed if any depositor so much as loses a penny. I know that creates the potential for a rout in bank stocks (and maybe the market as a whole), but I'm OK with that. Investing in stocks is not without risk, and forgetting that is one reason we keep blowing these bubbles.

I'm deeply concerned by the hundreds of small & medium businesses who stand to get screwed because they lack effective options to carry the sort of cash balances required to engage in normal business. If a business got paid on Thursday and was going to make payroll on next Tuesday, that's not a situation that should be punished.

I might be talked into giving someone like Oprah (who supposedly had over $500 mil deposited) a haircut because being stupid should be painful.

Either way, put the shareholders at the back of the line. They get zeroed if any depositor so much as loses a penny. I know that creates the potential for a rout in bank stocks (and maybe the market as a whole), but I'm OK with that. Investing in stocks is not without risk, and forgetting that is one reason we keep blowing these bubbles.
Most of their deposits were small tech firms. And depending on how they are organized… may have 250k insurance. Or may have nothing. FDIC I *thought* was for individual depositors. Not corporate accounts.

But if a lot of tech companies had their VC under and operating capital and revenue at SVB… there could be hundreds of small tech implosions in the next few weeks.

Well, they put their money in a woke powerhouse. And most of their employees were probably not only fine with that… but demanded it.

Stupid is costly.

Fortunately? 90 percent startups or more were probably not going to make it anyway. Law of tech. And 98 percent of them are doing stuff so arcane that it does not affect the underpinnings of an economy. Yet.

This should be a wake up that Woke hiring and investing is a total non starter. And shareholders should demand competent management not feelings and hugging trees and polar bears. Do that touchy feely shit on your own time with your own money.

Sirhr

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Schumer to suggest SIVB be renamed Kyiv Freedom Bank and crying on TV to 'save Ukraine'. Think about the Democrat donor money tied up in these VC/crypto led bank failures.

I'm waiting for Schumer to suggest SIVB be renamed Kyiv Freedom Bank and crying on TV to 'save Ukraine'. Think about the Democrat donor money tied up in these VC/crypto led bank failures.
Saving donor money .........3.2.1 go
''Take Janet Yellen, who said on Sunday morning that the US government was working closely with banking regulators to help depositors at Silicon Valley Bank but dismissed the idea of a bailout.

Speaking with CBS on Sunday, the treasury secretary sought to assure US customers of the failed tech lender that policies were being discussed to stem the fallout from the sudden collapse this week. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporate (FDIC) took control of the bank on Friday morning.''

Last edited:
Looking forward to being told by Wall Street and the Government that we need to bail out banks to save America again...
Dodd Frank bill made sure that we won't be bailing out the banks. Instead the banks can now bail in and take your deposits and issue you an IOU. The FDIC only has enough funds to cover 1.25% of the deposits so if your counting on getting your $250,000 coverage you better think twice.

After the 2008 crash, lawmakers passed a bill that would prohibit US taxpayer money from being used to bail out banks in the future. Odds are the next bank will do a bail-in if FDIC is unable to find a buyer for the remaining assets. FDIC apparently only has enough capital to cover roughly 4% of all insured deposits in the US (about $800B). So a bank here or there goes down, and they can manage it, liquidate it, and only have a fraction of the insured deposits actually have to be covered in the end. If SVB going down causes another decent sized bank or 2 to go down soon, then it could get dicey. Check out the bail-in's in Cyprus, where they took 56% of all the deposits over the insured 150K euros, and 6% of insured deposits (balances under 150k euros)...from EVERYONE in order to save the bank from a complete, and total collapse. What they did on the deposits they took, was they issued new bank stock (worthless stock in a failing bank) in the amount they took. When they reopened trading on those stocks, the price got pushed down to .25 cents a share from folks trying to liquidate that stock and recover their cash. It stayed around 25 to 40 cents for a few years until it was withdrawn from the markets, and a few days later, new stock was issued that was priced at over $100/share. I didn't spend a ton of time looking into it, I can only assume they were bought, but who knows.

What i'm saying, is the US govt will no longer be in the business of bailing out private banks, there isn't too big to fail anymore....well at least until they quickly repeal that law in order to bail out private industry again.

Branden
Unfortunately, that’s exactly the way the market works. People get screwed all the time. Close a Biz, file bankruptcy, open same biz under a different name the next day and all is good. It’s fucked up. No repercussions to anyone except the stockholders get screwed.

Most of their deposits were small tech firms. And depending on how they are organized… may have 250k insurance. Or may have nothing. FDIC I *thought* was for individual depositors. Not corporate accounts.

But if a lot of tech companies had their VC under and operating capital and revenue at SVB… there could be hundreds of small tech implosions in the next few weeks.

Well, they put their money in a woke powerhouse. And most of their employees were probably not only fine with that… but demanded it.

Stupid is costly.

Fortunately? 90 percent startups or more were probably not going to make it anyway. Law of tech. And 98 percent of them are doing stuff so arcane that it does not affect the underpinnings of an economy. Yet.

This should be a wake up that Woke hiring and investing is a total non starter. And shareholders should demand competent management not feelings and hugging trees and polar bears. Do that touchy feely shit on your own time with your own money.

Sirhr
Curious where you guys would park $500 mil.

Next domino

Insider summary at bottom:

If this goes as usual, the collapse will continue until the top 5 are threatened, then the bailout will arrive, and everyone from Goldman on up will buy the smaller fish for pennies on the dollar.

Why Goldman? The revolving door and campaign contributions from G-S are massive.

Of course that was 2017, in 2020, G-S joined the Biden Team:

Goldman Sachs gets its people into every administration. Not just Trump. Obama had the biggest number in recent history and had Hillary won she was poised to have the most. Both Bushes had them too.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly the way the market works. People get screwed all the time. Close a Biz, file bankruptcy, open same biz under a different name the next day and all is good. It’s fucked up. No repercussions to anyone except the stockholders get screwed.

Not a woke bank.

Sirhr

With that kind of money your not in danger because it's not going to be sitting in cash. It'll be in bonds or equities which shouldn't be affected by bank/broker failures.

Dodd Frank bill made sure that we won't be bailing out the banks. Instead the banks can now bail in and take your deposits and issue you an IOU. The FDIC only has enough funds to cover 1.25% of the deposits so if your counting on getting your $250,000 coverage you better think twice.
It will be interesting to see if the politicians are willing to take the heat for declaring a bail in or if they come up with some sneaky way of bailing out their banking friends without the political and economic costs what will come with a bail in.

Always interesting to see activity immediately preceding an "event"

DC saying "no bailout" means there will be a bailout. Eventually.

Always interesting to see activity immediately preceding an "event"

DC saying "no bailout" means there will be a bailout. Eventually.
They already claiming they are going to. Then again that was just a blip on the news and you know how trustworthy that is.

Last edited:

not me, their clientele voted for Biden and elections have consequences. They did business with a woke institution, let them suffer. ZERO FKS GIVEN

You know how much sone small businesses have in the bank at certain times. ?

Especially those who sell seasonally.

Go work more. Don’t be jealous

At least someone has a modicum of a brain! Even tho the fact many wanted to tells me this is indicative of a larger issue and that they are trying to suppress public panic.
They are trying, but I suspect this week will have plenty of fantastic buying opportunities I'm ready to go shopping. Ackman is already vying for Hell is Coming 2.0 speech time. One thing is for sure volatility is the norm now.

Reactions: E. Bryant
They are trying, but I suspect this week will have plenty of fantastic buying opportunities I'm ready to go shopping. Ackman is already vying for Hell is Coming 2.0 speech time. One thing is for sure volatility is the norm now.
Yeah well I’m not a fan. I had insane returns in 2020-21, all wiped out and then some now. Obviously, I’m not selling at a loss so...it’s either buy more or let it ride. But if we are looking at a repeat of the 20’s then nothing matters anyways.

Demorats donors unsecured deposits will be bailed out , Yellen already turned the plate 180° :ROFLMAO:

Regulators Weighing Bailout Of All Unsecured SVB Depositors To Prevent "Banking Panic"​

3:00pm ET Update: In a reversal of what Janet Yellen said just hours ago, WaPo reports that federal authorities are "seriously considering safeguarding all uninsured deposits at Silicon Valley Bank" - and by extension any other bank on the verge of failure - and are weighing an extraordinary intervention to prevent what they fear would be a panic in the U.S. financial system.

Officials at the Treasury Department, Federal Reserve, and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation discussed the idea this weekend, the people said, with only hours to go before financial markets opened in Asia. White House officials have also studied the idea, per two separate people familiar
with those discussions. The plan would be among the potential policy responses if the government is unable to find a buyer for the failed bank.

Demorat donors pettion ... :devilish:
''Meanwhile, more than 3,500 CEOs and founders representing some 220,000 workers signed a petition started by Y Combinator appealing directly to Yellen and others to backstop depositors, warning that more than 100,000 jobs could be at risk.''

:ROFLMAO:
Screen%20Shot%202023-03-11%20at%2011.56.54%20PM.png

Last edited:
Demorats donors unsecured deposits will be bailed out , Yellen already turned the plate 180° :ROFLMAO:

Regulators Weighing Bailout Of All Unsecured SVB Depositors To Prevent "Banking Panic"​

3:00pm ET Update: In a reversal of what Janet Yellen said just hours ago, WaPo reports that federal authorities are "seriously considering safeguarding all uninsured deposits at Silicon Valley Bank" - and by extension any other bank on the verge of failure - and are weighing an extraordinary intervention to prevent what they fear would be a panic in the U.S. financial system.

Officials at the Treasury Department, Federal Reserve, and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation discussed the idea this weekend, the people said, with only hours to go before financial markets opened in Asia. White House officials have also studied the idea, per two separate people familiar
with those discussions. The plan would be among the potential policy responses if the government is unable to find a buyer for the failed bank.
Yep. That’s what I seen.

Yeah well I’m not a fan. I had insane returns in 2020-21, all wiped out and then some now. Obviously, I’m not selling at a loss so...it’s either buy more or let it ride. But if we are looking at a repeat of the 20’s then nothing matters anyways.
Growth and tech are in for several years of rough times. I keep scratching my head when I hear the bobbleheads say 'the market' is expensive. Well sure the S&P500 is selling around 19x. Take out the big 6 and it's ~12x. There are plenty of great companies with healthy balance sheets and great runway. So much of the index/etf passively eating the big 6 turds and dragging down performance....not a fan of heavily cap weighted indexing. Heck if those big boys get enough of a hair cut this year they may even attract a boring dividend value investor like this old fart

Last edited:
Reactions: Lightning8

Ask and you shall receive…

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr

Trailing stops are your friend.

Growth and tech are in for several years of rough times. I keep scratching my head when I hear the bobbleheads say 'the market' is expensive. Well sure the S&P500 is selling around 19x. Take out the big 6 and it's ~12x. There are plenty of great companies with healthy balance sheets and great runway. So much of the index/etf passively eating the big 6 turds and dragging down performance....not a fan of heavily cap weighted indexing. Heck if those big boys get enough of a hair cut this year they may even attract a boring dividend value investor like this old fart
Which is predominately what I’m in.

Doesn't mean it's going to be there forever.....just a tough patch ahead. Anyone not profitable b/f this rate cycle is going to be a longer duration waiting game.
Problem is, we ain’t getting any younger. I still got a good 20 years before retirement but if we had this situation 20 years from now I’d be screwed. Well me and the wife will have pensions, allegedly, but I don’t bet on that anymore than the market.