• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single stage AR triggers

Layton

Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Texas Coast
I have a Giessele HS Match currently and am looking for a comparable single-stage trigger with minimal creep, a 1-2 pound pull, and a reputation for quality and repeatability for a new build. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

L

Not a bunch if options out there in the 1-2lb pull weight but the JP SS are fantastic (albeit in the 3lb range) as are the Timneys. My 3lb Skeletonized Timney pulls at 2.67lbs. I had a flat, solid bow 3lb Timney pulling at 2.8lbs from the factory but it felt lighter because of the bow angle.

I too recently installed a Timney 3lb. Breaks like an icicle. Don't have a trigger pull scale, but I do know it is considerably lighter than the factory. I love it and plan to install it again in my next build.

As already mentioned above - a well tuned complete JP package (hammer, trigger, disconnector, springs, pins, etc.), I say this because you can also utilize a JP trigger, disconnector, and springs with your factory hammer & pins. However, the results will not be as good as, the JP hammer produces an incredibly fast lock time and glass rod break feel.

In terms of modular drop in triggers - I love Timney's and Wilson Combat TTU's (I have both). My 2 Timney's break @ 3.0 lbs and my WC TTU breaks @ 3.5 lbs. Both feel incredible and ironically, the break on the WC TTU is so good it actually feels lighter than 3.5 lbs. I can't comment on the Chip McCormick drop in unit.

Finally, I don't have any experience with JARD triggers. However, I know & have read that you can get those set-up in the 2.0 lb range.

Keep us posted:p

AvsFan

JARD Inc, makes a single stage with the specs you are looking for. They make single stages ranging from trigger pulls of 1.5 to 5 lbs. I've got no experience with them but from reading your requirements this is the only one that came to my mind.

Also, Jewell used to make a an AR trigger with a 2 lb trigger pull however it was two stage. I believe they discontinued it though. Hard to stay current with Jewell products because they have no website or marketing to speak of. Strange in this day and age.

They are not quite that light but Wilson Combat triggers are nice. Had one in my last AR and it felt great.

I am currently using a hyper fire 24C. That is one light, crisp trigger!

JARD Inc, makes a single stage with the specs you are looking for. They make single stages ranging from trigger pulls of 1.5 to 5 lbs. I've got no experience with them but from reading your requirements this is the only one that came to my mind.

Also, Jewell used to make a an AR trigger with a 2 lb trigger pull however it was two stage. I believe they discontinued it though. Hard to stay current with Jewell products because they have no website or marketing to speak of. Strange in this day and age.
I have one with the 2# spring in it and it is pretty good. It was a pain in the ass to set up but I have it breaking right around 2# with very little creep. I had it feeling great with no creep but it would double tap.

As already mentioned above - a well tuned complete JP package (hammer, trigger, disconnector, springs, pins, etc.), I say this because you can also utilize a JP trigger, disconnector, and springs with your factory hammer & pins. However, the results will not be as good as, the JP hammer produces an incredibly fast lock time and glass rod break feel.

In terms of modular drop in triggers - I love Timney's and Wilson Combat TTU's (I have both). My 2 Timney's break @ 3.0 lbs and my WC TTU breaks @ 3.5 lbs. Both feel incredible and ironically, the break on the WC TTU is so good it actually feels lighter than 3.5 lbs. I can't comment on the Chip McCormick drop in unit.

Finally, I don't have any experience with JARD triggers. However, I know & have read that you can get those set-up in the 2.0 lb range.

Keep us posted:p

AvsFan

I've got a Wilson combat 3g trigger in my at build. It breaks like a glass rod with hardly any over travel and a silly short reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Another vote for the JP with the speed hammer. I don't know if you can get a nicer single stage trigger in an AR.

I have the JP kit and think I had a slam fire last weekend with it during a match. Got sent to the Dairy Queen but can't say for certain it wasn't my fault. I shoot with Joseph that owns JoeBobs and he shoots the Timney and likes it but none of the above are going to get you much below 3#.

Thanks. This is gonna be strictly a bench rifle which is why I was looking so light. My Gieselle will go that light but was hoping for a single stage.

L

I installed a Timny on a recent build of mine. On the AR boards allot of people talk shit about them but it has been nothing but a dream. Breaks super clean with no creep and resets quick.

I am currently using a hyper fire 24C. That is one light, crisp trigger!

+1. I am running a HiperFire 24E and a 243G in two of my guns and a Geissle match in the third. I prefer the Hiperfire triggers over the Geissle. It might be splitting hairs but the break and feel of the Hiperfires for my tastes beats out all the others mentioned in the thread so far except the JARD, which I haven't used before.

HiperFire uses a full power hammer spring. Not many aftermarket single stage AR triggers do.

I have a timney, a POF, and a CM. I'd take the CM over the other two. It breaks at a about 3#.

I have a couple of the 1.5lb Jard's and they are nice if you can safely get the creep out of them. I like that they are adjustable for overtavel, as that's a pet peve of mine. Can't comment on their actual pull weight is as I don't have a scale, but I would guess about 2lbs.

I just picked up a Timney for a non-precision rifle I'm putting together, so I'm eager to see how they stack up.

Cmc triggers are solid for the money. I just upgraded to a hiperfire 24e and I like it more. I prefer the hiperfire even over some of the spendier ones.