• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Site Changes Coming Monday!

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Forum Organization Changes
    We are changing the organization of the forum to make it easier to find content and navigate the site. These changes include condensing/combining forums.

New Features
    Watched Forums: Previously, watching forums only gave you an alert when new content was posted, but now when you watch forums, the forum will be brought to the top of the forum list for easy access.
    Prefixes/Filters: This feature is a very important part of the forum reorganization. The Post Exchange, for example, will all be combined into a single forum and will instead be sorted by prefixes. This will give you the ability to click on the prefix to sort by that content (i.e. clicking on the firearms prefix because you are only interested in posts related to firearms) or click on the filter menu at the top of the page and sorting by prefix within that menu.

Navigation Changes
    Donate: We will have a link to donate in the navigation giving you the ability to easily donate to the Hide.
    Featured & What's New: These pages will be found in the drop down menu under Forum.

If you have any questions about these changes or new features, let me know!

Last edited:
    They don't really offer any options,

It's either a Credit Card processor, which gun site, good luck with that, or Pay Pal, which leaves me alone because we are a website and it's integrated into a system they know and trust. The fact we are connected through the forum software keeps the problems to a minimum

On the web version can we keep the header bar always on top? The one that shows our avatar messages and new posts?

1607016231831.png

Good luck with all the changes and happy holidays to all you guys.

Just curious....

Posted some images earlier today and noted the quality was "weird".

Just saw a member post in the PX and that party apologized for his image posting "weird".

Is this to do with the work going on?

Yes,

they added an image optimizer and it was set too high,

They are trying to minimize the file size as you all use too much bandwidth

They just turned it off until they can play with the settings come Monday a bit more

Reactions: pmclaine
    The main "Sniper's Hide Bolt Action Rifles" forum has an absurd number of sticky threads...

I'm assuming people are OK with this and its been this way for a while,
    but you could envision a forum dedicated to JUST these "evergreen" threads.

I think i counted sixteen (?) in a row, which equates to scrolling two full pages 😂

There is much good content in the sticy threads, so not realy complaining, just ????
    thats all.

Yes,

they added an image optimizer and it was set too high,

They are trying to minimize the file size as you all use too much bandwidth

They just turned it off until they can play with the settings come Monday a bit more
    Thank you for explaining that. I just noticed the weird looking pictures and was wondering if there was something up with my iPad. I guess I don’t have a valid reason to get a new iPad now. Haha. More money for firearm stuff I guess.

I'm a "Who Moved My Cheese" kinda guy, but I'm also not paying the bills. So, whatever you decide if okay with me. I will privately be hitting my keyboard when I can't find something I know is there.