• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sizing dies.

frigid

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Frigid, PA
I already have an RCBS micrometer. seating die. But I need a sizing die. What are you guys using??

Anyone using an x-die for thier bolt gun?

Re: sizing dies.

Well, I use a lot of stuff. Since you have a seater, I'd suggest a Forster FL sizer or a body/shoulder bump die and a Lee Collet Neck Sizer.

I'm sure a lot of folks use the X die for bolt guns. The X die doesn't stop stretch, it only pushes the excess length back inside the shoulder. But, if you only neck size, or FL size right, you will get very little case stretch anyway so trimming wouldn't be much of a problem.

Like Fuzzball stated, I have several different brands and styles. However I prefer Reddings "S" type full length sizer with the correct bushing.

I ordered a set of Lee ultimates (has both a neck & FL sizer) mostly because no one has anything in stock. I need to take a look at forster though.