• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling Recommendations

Ltdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Michigan
Heading off to precision rifle course this summer and one of the needed pieces of equipment is a good sling for some of the position shooting. I need some recommendations. Rifle to be used for that part of the course is 13lb, 700SA 308 in one of Kyle's Element Chassis.

I have run both the Blue Force Gear VCAS sling as well as the TAB Gear sling. Of the two I like the TAB Gear better for positional shooting as it is designed to cuff up with. They have options as well for your attachment style so you can run QD cups or HK hooks or whatever you want I believe.

One more for S.A.P. sling.

The arm loop easily adjusts and stays secure around the arm. I really like how you can quickly adjust the tension like previous post said (George).

+1 for the T.A.B. sling, I use mine every time I shoot my rifle. Very nice positional sling, not so great for carry though as it is kind of slick. Not a carry sling, but a great shooting sling.

Over the years have used oldschool leather sling, T.A.B., T.I.S., and currently only run the Short Action Precision sling. It's a unique and very versatile design. Easy to adjust and even has a quick release buckle for the cuff, if you need to get unslung instantly. Try it.