• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SMACK the Smiley SPRING 09 - RESULTS POSTED

Re: SMACK the Smiley MATCH SPRING 09 - ENTRY OPEN!

I'm new to this forum but this looks like fun im in fee sent! I hope i was reading the dates right, did i make it in time?

Welcome... Yeah, you made it in time. There is a generous amount of time for each stage of the competition. JB has this thing set up perfectly. You are gonna be surprised how challenging and FUN this competition is, and you will learn a lot about yourself and your weapon. Glad to have you aboard!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome... Yeah, you made it in time. There is a generous amount of time for each stage of the competition. JB has this thing set up perfectly. You are gonna be surprised how challenging and FUN this competition is, and you will learn a lot about yourself and your weapon. Glad to have you aboard!! </div></div>

Hey thanks for the warm welcome, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. I love setting up trick shots and challenging things when I can so this is just double the fun. I'm just a noob but coming along, hopefully I smack the smiley to sleep, we shall see lol. Thanks again!

JB,

Since the wife and kiddos are not members here, do they get to participate in the drawings too? I wouldn't figure they could, kinda like a "one per household thing"... but just asking. Thanks!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB,

Since the wife and kiddos are not members here, do they get to participate in the drawings too? I wouldn't figure they could, kinda like a "one per household thing"... but just asking. Thanks!!

DK </div></div>

Donnie,

Whoever shoots a complete target and returns it is entered into the prize drawing. You don't need to be a member of any of the forums that I post on. As long as you aren't making up imaginary family members to get more chances for the prizes, you are GTG
smile.gif

FYI - most recent received entries are up on the site!

JB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb1000br</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB,

DK </div></div>

Donnie,

Whoever shoots a complete target and returns it is entered into the prize drawing. You don't need to be a member of any of the forums that I post on. As long as you aren't making up imaginary family members to get more chances for the prizes, you are GTG
smile.gif

FYI - most recent received entries are up on the site!

JB </div></div>

Definately not making anyone up for sure. I will also post pics of the family with their respective tagets. I was just getting clarification since they have been driving me bonkers wanting to know. My boys have seen the prize list are are really wanting some "stuff"!!

Thanks for taking the time to answer their question... much appreciated!!

DK

J,

Nope, Spring matches usually have the most participation, but this is actually lower than the last 2 years.

I count closer to 84 when I count the additional family members that I know shoot, but aren't listed on the site. The record IIRC was Spring 07 with 93 shooters. I think last year was 90 shooters...

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS MONDAY!!

JB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb1000br</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI.2 - new prize sponsor added to the list...

--AZ Precision: ONE Certificate for FREE VARMINTER KNOB, and 50% off install
More Info: http://azprecisiongunsmithing.com/Products.html

Thanks!

JB </div></div>

Just so everyone knows, that's a free bolt knob that I will drill/tap to any thread size you need. It says free Varminter knob because that's what I have the most of. But if you wanted a different one(knob), I'd do it. Plus half off the install price.

Enter in this comp guys! Easy to win prizes, and the money goes to a very good cause!

Thanks JB

Jason can we cut and paste targets together to get a decent score? I figure if I combine my best two I should get at least a 235
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Dale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still a-waiting on targets, </div></div>

wow, you post that payment was sent around march 20th. you should have had targets with the first batch sent out. did you mail in your payment or use gaypal? JB dosn't even list you on the site as far as i can tell. hope you get it worked out.

I open my big mouth too soon. Sorry. The old lady had it laiding on the kitchen table,made it in the day before. Its under Crazy Dog II. I paid by money order. Thanks,I'll get to shooting,hey,where's my gun?!!!

Oh my God... I took my wife out to shoot her Smiley's yesterday with my new Savage 10FPLE... She did incredibly well on her target, and it was her FIRST TIME to shoot anything other than my boys .22LRs!! (Sorry, she reminded me that she has also shot a friend's .223 Howa). She kinda got bruised up a bit from the recoil, but she stuck it out!!

I have no idea exactly what her score is going to end up... but it is on up there!! Get this... she got upset about her 3-shot group, and it measures .81 inches!! Sub-MOA FIRST TIME OUT!! She seemed to be happy enough with the rest. We looked at her target compared to mine, and she is really dang close... I guess I am gonna have to get to reloading and practicing some more!!

We are going to try and shoot the rimfires today...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Dale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats not good news....... </div></div>

You are for sure safe on the rimfire side. Our rimfire shootin with the Mossberg Plinkster's isn't too very good at all. Kinda embarassin actually. The are definately a "plinker" type rifle as opposed to a target rifle!!

We got all of the rimfires done, and 2 centerfires will be comin back to you JB. My boys didn't wish to shoot the Savage when they saw what Mom's shoulder looked like. LOL!!

DK

Targets on on there way back today. The score sucks, but who cares about the score any way. It is all for a good cause. Brock

I'll be lucky if I even get them shot and in on time! Won't be the first time, but I figure its just my quarterly donation towards a great cause.......

Current Received Targets are updated on the site...

Yea...I am going to have to shoot mine soon
smile.gif

GET YOUR FINISHED TARGETS IN THE MAIL BY TUESDAY!

Good luck!

JB

Thanks again JB, this one was alot of fun I just dont think I will score as high, I had a hard time on this one.

Very fun match, for you guys not participating you need to get in on this.

Most of the targets were shot and are now on the way back to ya. We lost one of the rimfires though... have no clue what happened to it at this point. Oh well... 5 lottery tickets in the packet. Yeah, this one is going to be interesting for sure!!

My boy did better than I did on the rimfire target... I am proud of him for sure!! Thanks again for everything JB!!

DK

J, Two targets in the mail to you ia USPS 3-Day. Your e-mail was notified. #1 Son shot one so I have to thank you for some great Father/Son time!

Rimfire ammo sucked for us because the ammo was grouping like crap. Centerfire was decent with full value wind, so me and the Boy(#1 Son) shot a pair of Smiley targets. I think we broke about the same. Freakin wind was a MF'r trying to blow us out of position, but the GAP/AI Folder held pretty good for us both.

Damn. I'm glad the prizes are by drawing, 'cuz I sure ain't gonna win anything otherwise. I vow to do better on the next one though. Targets going out in today's mail.

JB

Targets mailed Saturday, should be postmarked today. Thanks for another great match.

Jim

After reading some of the posts here and then re-reading the rules at the STS site I have a question.

Are all of the targets to be sent back and entered in the drawing? The rules state to only send in your BEST target, which is what I did. (Actually I sent 2 that were really close) Now I'm worried that I might have screwed myself since it seems that some people are sending in ALL of their targets.

Apologies if this has been addressed before. Just want to do it right next time if I screwed up.

Didn't get my stuff tuned in time to shoot the targets and send back. I'm glad to make the donation for such a worthy cause any way. Thanks for the opportunity and the good you're doing.

ARCOREY

Targets mailed this morning. Fun & educational as usual,
laugh.gif

I only sent ya one. It was the only one I shot and nobody needs to worry about me shooting better than them!

I can say that I have officially shot a match in the worst conditions possible though.

Rain, check
Fog, check
Humid, check
Wind, oh hell yeah
Canted Target, check
Equipment failure, check

Thats what I get for waiting until the last day I guess. It is still fun, chalenging (very this time) and for a GREAT cause.

Thanks for doing this Jason.

Targets sent back today.

Thanks again to JB and all the sponsors!

Wow! Some good stories in there...it is always good to hear of family involvement and education (learning what NOT to do - hah!)
smile.gif

As most of you are aware, TODAY us the LAST day to get your SHOT targets in the mail back to me.

BRUCE N:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are all of the targets to be sent back and entered in the drawing? The rules state to only send in your BEST target, which is what I did. (Actually I sent 2 that were really close) Now I'm worried that I might have screwed myself since it seems that some people are sending in ALL of their targets.</div></div>

You are fine. You ONLY send ONE target per class, per shooter unless the scores are "too close to call." In that case send the close ones. The folks who have sent multiple targets are doing so because their family also shot.

Good luck!

JB

Targets in the mail.
Thanks,JB.
It seems the only time I get to shoot is on the last day, for this match. At least that is something.

thanks again

Oh well, another quarter my fees just go to the cause, not the aggregate...
I'd beg for a little more time, but I'm shooting NorCal this weekend (maybe I can take one and shoot it Fri when I sight in
wink.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BruceN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. I'm glad the prizes are by drawing, 'cuz I sure ain't gonna win anything otherwise... </div></div>

This will definately make a better shooter out of ya!! There is so much more than just goin out and punchin holes in the paper!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will definately make a better shooter out of ya!! There is so much more than just goin out and punchin holes in the paper!!</div></div>

No doubt, there. I can hardly wait for the summer match!

Summer match sounds good too!! I will have my steel Warnes by then, so I won't have to worry about the aluminum Leupolds anymore. I was just glad that I had shot the Smiley's before we went on the Sniper Fieldcraft outing... still shot sub-MOA, but opened up a bit once we finally got back close to the 100 yard zero.

Lessons learned... don't mess with it if it ain't freakin broke!!

DK

Guys, I am afraid I am not going to get results up till probably Monday. No time to get everything scored and posted since I have spent all my free time this week getting ready to teach at the 1000 Yard Benchrest Class at Williamsport this weekend.

So, if all goes well, look for results Monday night. They will be posted here first followed shortly by the website.

Cheers,
JB

hey JB, you get to it when you get to it. we all know you have other things to take care of. and we appreciate the time you're donating to do this. that said, this waiting s**t is for the birds. get your butt in gear
laugh.gif