• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smacking Steel with a Mosin Sniper at 550 yards

Co. Flagg

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2012
A couple of months back took my mosin sniper M91/30 PU to a local military rifle silhouette match, started off a little shaky but got it dialed in by the end and put down 9 out of 10 Rams at 500 meters (550 yards). BTW those suckers are heavy, a .223 will not put then down, even a 140gr 6.5x55mm had trouble sometimes, makes you appreciate the energy of a full power cartridge.

IMG_4802small.jpg

IMG_4798scope.jpg

IMG_4806small.jpg

Re: Smacking Steel with a Mosin Sniper at 550 yards

Nice it makes me want to break mine out.

Impossible. These guns aren't accurate.
whistle.gif

Seriously, though; good shooting! Do you have more details on the gun? Repro, or real? Looks like an Izhevsk, '43 or '44 if I had to hazard a guess.

John

Good eye Joop; 1943 Izhevsk, I believe it’s an original sold by samco, had to add a repro scope mount form accumounts and added an original 1944 scope. Ammo makes huge difference, I roll my own.

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

Very nice!

I have a '44 Izhevsk that is also one of the Samco "scopeless" snipers. The Yugoslavians sure knew what they were doing when they tuned these!

Great shooting, again, btw!

John

Pretty rifle and good shooting.

I'm rebuilding a Mosin sniper right now. Though, mine is not an original sniper rifle and I have had to order the bent bolt handle as a non-OEM part.

What camera or setup are using using to take the outstanding shot down your scope?

I'd love to be able to duplicate that.

Thanks.

GOOD SHHOTING!!! I really like to see Old War Dog shoot. Sure we all have New High Tect Rifles in all different types of calibers and looks "BUT" there is nothing like shooting a Old War Dog and hitting the target just as good as todays rifles. Make me all warm and fuzzy NICE GOOD AND GOOD SHOOTING

Thanks Fellas! I do have a special place in my heart for these old rifles and love shooting them. Will be taking the rifle out to 800 yards soon and will be using Russian Surplus Light Ball. Will post the results.

As far as the camera, it’s just a compact pocket size Cannon Power Shot, it’s fairly easy just take a little bit of practice to lineup your view through the scope.

Nice shooting, im trying to work a deal on a 91/30 sniper from a friend of mine who has 4 sitting in his safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pthfndr-CA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were you at the match this Saturday (2/18) with this rifle? </div></div>

Yep! … the Military Rifle Silhouette match at SVSC, were you there as well? what rifle were you shooting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flagg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pthfndr-CA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were you at the match this Saturday (2/18) with this rifle? </div></div>

Yep! … the Military Rifle Silhouette match at SVSC, were you there as well? what rifle were you shooting? </div></div>

I was shooting my Swede M41b - Rob Thomas

If you were shooting your Mosin sniper you must be Alex.

Thats me; I think I know who you are… you organize the Long Range Military Rifle match? will try and be at the one in April.