• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smaller tractor brands

If you really think a JD is an overpriced Asian tractor painted green you are truly a fucking dumbass .
I will be glad to hook chains any time you want . I will even make it fair for you and take the wheels of my tractor !
Haha You sure are a sensitive fella. Sorry if I hurt your little feelings. If you have a compact john deere, where do you think it's made? I'll give you a hint, it's a long way from the US. If you have a large tractor, then that's a totally different ballgame, and not even what was being discussed in this thread, so try to follow along next time.

You will have to contact JD and pay them to open the ECM before you can take your wheels off than make another service call so they can let you put them back on better to just leave them on and hope you don’t throw any codes during the tug-o-war match hahaha.

Picked up a Kubota MX5100 with 32 hours on it . Thought it was way over kill. It wasn't.
4 cylinder, 51 HP turbo diesel, 4wd, hydrostatic drive.
It's a beast and if it disappeared I'd be replacing it the next day. They're amazing machines.
Reliable as the day is long. Mine is a 2013. Has a loader, bucket, forks, post hole digger , brush hog, finish mower, box scraper, blade.
Don't have the back hoe, that's about another 11 for the MX. Neighbor has a little BX with the back hoe.
If you get a loader or moe hills get the rear tires filled and always have Ballast on the rear 3 point hitch.

Almost all JD's are assembled in the USA now... now the various parts, yea, cant argue there. I believe from the X series lawn mowers up.

JD used to have more sub-contracted stuff. I think the small E series that is sold at Home Depot and the like are still sub-contracted.

Haha You sure are a sensitive fella. Sorry if I hurt your little feelings. If you have a compact john deere, where do you think it's made? I'll give you a hint, it's a long way from the US. If you have a large tractor, then that's a totally differen5t ballgame, and not even what was being discussed in this thread, so try to follow along next time.
I have been to the assembly plants here in the U.S. and I didn't see any chicoms or Asians running around. I am NOT the one spewing misinformation.

You guys talking bad about John deere better watch out, gonna get mr gump upset! Anybody that attached to a tractor should probably try to get laid by a woman and quit rubbing one off on the john deere green...

Reactions: chevy_man
Haha You sure are a sensitive fella. Sorry if I hurt your little feelings. If you have a compact john deere, where do you think it's made? I'll give you a hint, it's a long way from the US. If you have a large tractor, then that's a totally different ballgame, and not even what was being discussed in this thread, so try to follow along next time.
Not ALL Deere & Co. compact utility tractors are built off shore. My 3033R was built in Augusta GA.

You’ll be hard pressed in our area to find a better dealer network and parts support outside of Deere. I have 3 different dealers within 20 minutes of us. Parts are readily available for even old stuff and often stocked. If not in stock, you’ll typically have it the next day. When the above mentioned changes, I’ll consider changing color.

Honestly that is a huge deciding factor that needs to be seriously considered. It's rare for tractors to go down but when they do it's in the worst spot at the worst time.

Reactions: Velocity Chad
Just for the record, I have no issue with john deere except what they charge for what you get. The current tractor is the first non john deere I have had honestly.
Tractors are tools to me, I buy what will get the job done for the best price, regardless of the color. Blind brand loyalty is fucking stupid. The brands sure don't have any loyalty to you.

Back to the regular scheduled crying...

Tractors are tools to me, I buy what will get the job done for the best price, regardless of the color.
That we agree on.

I too bought what I thought was the best tractor for the price.

I did edit my earlier post as I was a little harsh with my comment .

You’ll be hard pressed in our area to find a better dealer network and parts support outside of Deere. I have 3 different dealers within 20 minutes of us. Parts are readily available for even old stuff and often stocked. If not in stock, you’ll typically have it the next day. When the above mentioned changes, I’ll consider changing color.
Not just that, NAPA stocks a lot of their parts as well. I was in one soon after I bought mine and they asked if there was anything else I needed. Being the smartass I am I said "Yeah, I need a fuel filter and starter for a Mid 70's vintage 450C with a 4219 engine".

They had both in stock

I'm on my second Kubota. I especially love the grapple.

IMG_0722-1.jpeg
IMG_0724-1.jpeg

I’m sorry, I gave some bad information earlier: Mahindra is Indian and Chynese and junk. Not Chynese and junk.
They are headquartered out of India but there machines are "Assembled in the USA" just like most of the Gucci brands. They were at one point the highest selling brand. What about them have you found to be junk?

I can strongly recommend Kubota, especially for smaller machines. I have a lot of friends/family who have had problems finding parts, service, or dealer support from the various Korea/China/India brands. Kubotas are very reliable and tough as nails. My little L2250 is 30 years old, does everything I ask it to, and gives me no trouble.

Reactions: myronman3
My neighbor/farmer(largest dairy in the county) recommended John Deere over the rest. So I picked up a JD2032 2 years ago, and love it. It has a front loader and rototiller, which I use to manage 7 acres of food plots. 4WD if you need it. It always starts in the cold Wisconsin winters, and does an amazing amount of work for me, including moving dirt and snow. And, it is an American company, regardless of where some of the parts may be made(thank your government if companies are forced to go offshore).

I have a Kubota 2620 with a loader, backhoe, and belly mower. I had a grand L series set up with cab, backhoe, and loader but it was to big for what I was doing and it was a paint to get out the cab and use the backhoe. As stated above though, if you can afford it get one just a little bigger than you think you need.

The dealer and the local support system is probably more important than the brand. Just be advised that most small tractors are not made by the company that owns the color. Jd may not be made by JD. MF may not be made by MF. Ect, Ect. Also little tractor models change about every year causing problems for dealers to stock parts for them. This can lead to delays when repairs are needed.

Around here most of the big tractors are Green or Red, with a few Blue and Yellow ones mixed in. Most of the farmers that have a little tractor around have Kubota's. I've been happy with my Kubota.

I spent a lot of money on a JD 10 years ago to avoid mechanical issues......pffft. POS....The only thing I buy with a JD name is parts. I wont even buy my nephew JD toys. I only keep it because I know my way around it better than my wife's body. I can repair it with my eyes closed. I could have bought a new one for what I have spent on parts. To this day I never put it away dirty and always do maintenance. My wifes 30 year old JD is our backup....never one issue with her. Mine must have been built on a Friday, and that Friday was the day the strippers came in for a retirement party.

My aunt bought a Kubota at the same time I bought my JD. I always ask her if shes had any issues. Im always hoping she says yes, just so the ass raping I got hurts a little less. Shes not had a single issue in ten years.

Shes on her third set of tires, im still on my first.

Fuck JD!

IMG_1358.jpeg

Love my Kubota , stuck up to the frame! Neighbor pulled me out with his Massey. Ground has hard on top, a little soft 6" below ground level. Wife snapped this picture.

Just to add...my disdain for JD runs deep. Couple years back I brought a 30' long piece of paper home from my office. I taped all of my receipts to it, printed out their maketing pages for my model, highlighted all the issues and corrected their marketing BS to match my experience. I include pictures of damaged parts, even taped some of the smaller parts to it. I wrote out every issue Ive had. Put it in a box and addressed it to JD CEO. I spent 4 hours on this therapy shit show I produced. I spent $20 to ship it. Never heard a single thing. In my mind its taped on the main wall of their engineering dept.......but most likely on some wall with the words "biggest customer retards" above it. It made me feel better though.

Just for the record, I have no issue with john deere except what they charge for what you get.

Have you priced stuff lately?

Its all the same, within a few hundred of each other, as long as you are comparing apples to apples.

Unless you include LS and some other lower end brands.

JD 1025 compared to Kubota BX25 was like 500 dollar difference, but I think that was even found in the JD MMM deck being nicer than the Kubota MMM.

I choked at the JD prices when I started shopping, then I started shopping Kubota and realized the JD prices are really not that much out of line anymore.

Are the John Deere mid mount mower decks stamped or welded sheet metal? Kubota is welded and a decent gauge steel.

Stay away from Deere, if it has any electronics at all. The other draw back to Deere is the engine heat rate, they suck fuel compaierd to other brands.
Go with the best service dealer that operates in you A/O

The kubota MMM decks I looked at didnt look like a fully fabricated deck... The main deck was stamped. That was on BX series.

The JD decks are mostly all stamped as well I believe. The "7 iron" decks are their beefy decks. The 60" decks have always been their "7 iron" heavy decks. The 54" decks are transitioning to that build type for 2020+ tractors.

I would say both were equivalent thickness of steel. The listed weights of all the decks are pretty similar with the JD decks weight a bit more, but that could also account for all of the JD decks in this class being drive over.

I talked to a good Kubota salesman about my 2013 MX5100.
It has almost no emissions crap on it. He said keep it. The newer models have more emissions stuff that is a drawback.
Living in the country a tractor is like a pickup, can't live without em.
Tractors are cool. For me 4 wheel drive is a must, mowing hills, drop her in low range feather the hydrostatic drive and climb a 30 degree angle hill with a 6' mower on the 3 point. Things just crazy powerful.
3 years ago I'd never been on one. I'm totally sold on Kubota.
Dam battery is 7 years old, sits most of winter, go out turn the key ,fires right up.

They sell a ton of kubota here. Everyone seems to really like them.

I have a Farm pro 2425 [jinma] sold by Northren tool supply, Fel, 3 pt hitch, 25hp 4wd PS, had it for a long time works pretty good . 7ft Rear blade, digger/cultiviator, 6Ft 3 pt mower and a 1 bottom plow, it's my retirement toy and I love the damn thing.
It's 1950's mechanical wise to our JD's tractors. Parts can be gotten thru Northren tool or many places on the net.

Easy to work on because simple. The engine is it's strong point, I have fixed a few minor things, plowed a lot of snow with it.
Planted lots of corn on my 140 acre farm for food plots. If you are a handyman type like me it works great, otherwise stay away.
It might have Covid 19 LOL.

Last edited:
That’s me every spring trying to mow with my 2wd massey lol l have a 450L dozer for when its really stuck haha

I have 4 Kubotas ranging from 24 to 70hp and 4-25 years old and Kubota diesel zero turn. They have all been great. Anything over 90hp and I would be going green. They really have no equal in the big tractor sector but Kubota makes a very solid machine and I would take over the mid to small JD every day. Anything Tier 3 and above has the potential to be a PITA and my 2 newer Kubotas I cannot work on besides PM due to computer controls.

My MX 5100 is 7 years old, 168 hours on it.
So far I've done all Maintenance myself.
At 200 hours I have to change out the hydraulic fluid.
I've been changing engine oil and filter every spring since it sits all winter.
They call for 50 hours and 200 hours for the engine oil regardless I change every season.
It seems pretty easy to work on so far. My son in-law has a Bx with a little backhoe. It has a belly mower.
Kubota's are not cheap but you get what you pay for. Really well built.

Sounds like you've made up your mind but I'll add another vote on the pile for Kubota, I've had my L3200 for a couple years but bought it used, did the service checkup this spring (500 hours on it, 2012 model) and everything was still tip top. I just do light farm work with it, some dirtwork and mowing and moving haybails around and such. I kinda wish I had a little more lift but I know what it can and can't do, and it does plenty.

Not that I'm aware of and I get asked often. The software is very proprietary and we don't even have access to modify any inputs in the computer. All software upgrades are downloaded directly from Kubota and must accompany documentation in order to be paid for them.

Is there any emissions delete stuff available like they have on regular diesel trucks? I know not officially.

EPA pretty much shut that down even If can get the hard parts for the deletes you cant get any software to correct the tune for the changes.

Edit: talking about diesel trucks. There is some bootleg/pirate software's out there for trucks and tractors but you are taking huge risks that it's not gonna ruin anything and pretty much voiding your warranty.

I don't own any sort of diesel or have a need for a tractor. Was just wondering after all the talk I've seen here on the Hide about the deletes on different trucks. I always try to ask the experts questions when I find them.

Have you thought about a good sized skid steer with tracks? No it doesn't have draw bar, pto or 3 point.....but the attachments are endless and it is so much easier to manuver. I have been borrowing my father in laws from time to time. I wish I owned one. His is a Caterpillar 277. It took a bit to learn to run, but the controls are much more efficient than a Bobcat.
I would much rather have a skid steer and a older John Deere 4440 or 4430 tractor for my pto or 3 point jobs.

Kinda chewing on getting a smaller sized tractor for the GF. Looking at brands like mahindra, LS, massey ferguson, etc. not a big fan of john deere-as the dealers here are fucking assholes and i think you pay a bunch just for the name.

Looking to see what the folks here have experienced. Looking to get one with a quick change bucket on the front, a three point hitch.and possibly a backhoe attachment.

What say you?
The John Deere 345 is the most suitable model for you according to the HP and dimensions you are looking for:

John-Deere-345.png

I have a Mahindra 1533 and love it... I have friends that own Kioti and have nothing bad to say about them as well.... Kubota cost the price it does, because of what it is... Reliable, well known, and a great dealer network.... I feel Mahindra and Kioti are what Kubota used to be before Kubota get established... really god bang for the buck, but if I had the money and it wasn’t an object, I would buy Kubota first