• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smaller tube for powder trickler, or a new one

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I have the Hornady powder trickler. It works good, but sometimes after a few single kernels of powder come out the kernals will clump up and I'll drop 3 or so and go over my charge. Can I get a tube with a smaller hole through it to feed single kernels? Maybe glue a coffee straw in it to help keep them single file?
I saw the Lyman trickler looks threaded inside, maybe that would help? But is the hole smaller?
I'm using an RCBS 505 powder cale and a magnifying glass for my charges. I've weighed a charge and moved the scale .1 up and down so I know where .1 high and low are on the balance mark. I can get dead center every time but sometimes I need 1 kernel and I get 3, then I have to use a pick to take a couple out.
Any suggestions?

Edit to add: I am using IMR 4831 powder.

Last edited:
I got a reducing insert made of machined aluminum off of ebay for my Chargemaster light. It works really well, very few overthrows. I recall shipping costing more than tthe part itself lol.