• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smallest, modular, compact, Precision Rifle?

Alderleet

NCOIC of Shitposts
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Downrange
Hey all, I've got a quick question.

Whats the smallest precision platform availiable. By smallest, i mean small in dimensions. Ability to stick in a backpack, or large briefcase.

I'm just expanding my knowledge, but I havent found what i'm looking for.

The best fit I've found is the WA2000, but I'm looking for something more compact.

Re: Smallest, modular, compact, Precision Rifle?

without your sbr permit you wont get anyting smaller than 16" in length. the edm mini windrunner is pretty small along with the dta, if you not concerned about tackdriving accuracy keltec makes a bullpup also with 16" barrel.

DTA Covert
184785_192205664133504_100000322152708_560603_2427901_n.jpg

Another vote for the DTA Covert.

Fig3.jpg

Here's a side-by-side comparison with a Sig 556 pistol (10.5" barrel, no stock).

Fig2-16Only.jpg

I have no idea as to the correct answer to your question...

What is your criteria/definition for "precision"?

That DTA Covert sure does look like a nice package.
Question...not trying to hijack, but since it's related to the "precision" issue it may be relevant to the OP's question?

Since bullpups all have some sort of trigger linkage controls, are they generally considered to be somewhat less accurate than a conventional design with a precision match-quality trigger? IOW, is there a precision/accuracy trade-off with a bullpup configuration?

You ain't sticking a WA2000 in a briefcase. Sure, it is a bullpup, but it is big and heavy.

This one has always had my full attention. I haven't done any research on it but from the handling I've done with it I have to say I love the little thing. That being said, I have yet to fire one.

http://www.nemesisarms.com/products.php

AR pistol with 7" barrel. Depends on what you call accurate.

10350506.jpg

Its the Nemesis arms EDM Windrunner in .408 Cheytac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5mmman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its the Nemesis arms EDM Windrunner in .408 Cheytac</div></div>

What???? First off Nemesis Arms doesn't make a 408. EDM Arms makes one but it is labeled Thor XM408

Another vote for the windrunner here. Would love to own one.

The blaser LRS2 barred receiver can be removed with two bolts, and placed in a smaller deployment package, but you still have a full size stock.

Ive done some research on the DTA SRS and it looks and sounds like a really awsome rifle. I just wish i could get my hands on one. Jesse

The DTA Covert is accurate, no doubt. Most definitely MOA, and usually sub-MOA, out to 600 yd w the 16" 8-twist barrel. Of course, that is in my hands and I would classify myself as a very average driver. YMMV.

How small can you break down your AR-15 and still be able to rapidly put it together?

Lewis Machine and Tool has an excellent system where you can remove the barrel from the upper receiver.

But the MGI system even allows you to break down the lower receiver.

MGIProof-%20blue%20with%20ammo.jpg