• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Smith to Inlet McMillan Flat-Top for Cooper or DIY

Dan1775

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2017
Friends,

I have a Cooper M22 single shot I'd like to put into a McMillan A5, but McMillan doesn't inlet for that action. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith who inlets the McMillan flat-tops?

Alternatively, how difficult is it to do oneself? I've never inleted a stock before, however I am a respectable amateur woodworker, and am careful and meticulous.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Give Chad at LRI a shout (Long Rifles Inc). If he can't do it, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

I would think LRI could do it for you?
However, depending on your skill level and how intricate the action inlet is. I have little doubt it can be done manually with some good wood working tools. I have inlet a few stocks with a router and some custom fixtures.
They aren't nearly on the same aesthetic level of LRI or similar but they don't like like crap either.