• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Jagon

You know, I think the OP is a kid just looking up to what he thinks are skilled snipers. And he gets this shit. Look at his posts. Who else would ask those kinds of questions? And MARSOC? It's probably his goal or dream.

I understand the question is stupid to everyone that's "been there, done that" but to a kid it may not seem so.

AJ, you won't find any snipers there, but if you're REALLY interested, go down to your local recruiting office. They'll try their best to answer questions and if you live close enough to a base they may even take you down there to meet some and you can ask them yourself --and not get these fuck-fuck games.

It's just we get a lot of fucktard questions from mall cops and wannabe warrior traffic cops around here, not to mention the Gecko45's, and it's hard to differentiate from a juvenile question sometimes. Plus, if you do join, you'll find you'll end up with thick skin and then all of this will make much more sense.

Good luck (unless you're one of those fucktards I'm talking about, then piss off).

"Counter Sniper" scope OOOHHH!! Not sure if that means:

1. You shoot counters from a distance.(like kitchen counters)
2. You hide under a counter to shoot things.
3. You keep numerical track of the number of snipers (you count the snipers).
4. It is sorta like cock blocking snipers..only you counter whatever a sniper is attempting to accomplish.
5. If a woman dates snipers, you want to know how many snipers she has experience with, so you count her snipers.
6. Something else entirely.

Feel free to add to the list.

This was an entertaining read. Another reason I am glad I joined this site. Now back to reading up on The_New_Sniper who may be this guys brother......or better yet a double agent.

Good luck kid.

"I said good day!"

I read the Gecko45 mall rat link and thought I'd piss my pants it was so unbelievable. I hope there is medicine to treat that mental condition.

I want sure where exactly to put this but could anyone post some sniper jargon? Or maybe a list? Or hand signals? Anything that won't compromise the OpSpec. I understand some things are need-to-know. Thanks.

I really hope you are a young buck who aspires to be a MARSOC Marine one day, if so I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
I had the privilege of being one of the first with a great group of guys and loved it.

HOWEVER, like mentioned above about stupid comments here is my disclaimer:

If you are CURRENTLY a Marine I am going to make a call to Stone Bay and have you kicked in the dick.

If you are an "air softer" weirdo, then I don't know anybody in your circle so you'll have to kick yourself in the dick.

Shooter (on a suppressed M110): Can you see my impacts
Me (somewhere I shouldn't have been, doing something I should NOT have been doing): I got nothing, just keep shooting
Shooter: Anything?
Me: I still got nothin but they're running faster so you must be close, just keep shooting

5mins later

Lt: Hey guys, were we shooting at someone? ISAR said it looked like those guys on the road were taking fire
Us: No sir, no idea (as we're trying to bury casings in the moon dust)

From Dark Angel

I want sure where exactly to put this but could anyone post some sniper jargon? Or maybe a list? Or hand signals? Anything that won't compromise the OpSpec. I understand some things are need-to-know. Thanks.

Don 't know what you're looking for, but if it is sniper terms you're seeking: the TV series 'Flash Point' uses several. If you live in US or have cable or satellite TV.
These are law enforcement calls, but some are basic to any organization, ie; "Do you have a (shooting) solution?" Meaning are you on target. Answer: "Yes, I have a
(shooting) solution". You have your target in you cross hairs, or, "No, I don't have a (shooting) solution." Shooting is in () because it is sometimes used with solution
and sometimes it isn't. Hope this help. Hope you can find 'Flash Point' on your local TV.

Ok I'm gonna throw out a really dumb question here. Go easy, I was Army not Marine. Just a dumb grunt.

What is " MARSOC "

Ok I'm gonna throw out a really dumb question here. Go easy, I was Army not Marine. Just a dumb grunt.

What is " MARSOC "

It's what our old "Force Reconnaissance" became once it got pulled under the SOCOM umbrella. I understand there were some changes and it wasn't just a renaming of the Force units, but it's the Marine Corps' SOCOM element.

What is " MARSOC "

MARSOC = MARine Special Operations Command

in 2006 1st and 2nd Force Reconnaissance Companies were turned into 1st and 2nd MSOB (Marine Special Operations Battalion).
the first 3 MARSOC deployments were still using a Force Co setup, and a MEU ride across the pond. This was set up to have your shooters (Force guys) and a security element who drove the vehicles and manned the turrets so we could dismount (Grunt Platoon). Those were were Fox Co '06, Alpha Co '07, and Golf Co '07. (I was in Golf)
Shortly there after (as I was EASing) they made the switch to the ODA load out having 3 MSOTs and losing the security platoon and boat ride.
As for what they are doing now (mission wise) whatever open source info you can find is what you get, my info stops here!

"Counter Sniper" scope OOOHHH!! Not sure if that means:

1. You shoot counters from a distance.(like kitchen counters)
2. You hide under a counter to shoot things.
3. You keep numerical track of the number of snipers (you count the snipers).
4. It is sorta like cock blocking snipers..only you counter whatever a sniper is attempting to accomplish.
5. If a woman dates snipers, you want to know how many snipers she has experience with, so you count her snipers.
6. Something else entirely.

Feel free to add to the list.

Yes!

Just remember: do NOT eat the Charms candy in the MRE, you'll make it rain!!

"Get on the spotting scope and check out the tits on that airwook."
"Stop fucking everything up"
and my personal favorite- "Your 26 fucking years old, how are you this stupid?"

You know, I think the OP is a kid just looking up to what he thinks are skilled snipers. And he gets this shit. Look at his posts. Who else would ask those kinds of questions? And MARSOC? It's probably his goal or dream.

I understand the question is stupid to everyone that's "been there, done that" but to a kid it may not seem so.

AJ, you won't find any snipers there, but if you're REALLY interested, go down to your local recruiting office. They'll try their best to answer questions and if you live close enough to a base they may even take you down there to meet some and you can ask them yourself --and not get these fuck-fuck games.

It's just we get a lot of fucktard questions from mall cops and wannabe warrior traffic cops around here, not to mention the Gecko45's, and it's hard to differentiate from a juvenile question sometimes. Plus, if you do join, you'll find you'll end up with thick skin and then all of this will make much more sense.

Good luck (unless you're one of those fucktards I'm talking about, then piss off).

Now I admit, i have laughed pretty hard at some of the responses in this thread. The asshole in me, which usually dominates my personality, loves sarcastic insults so i fit in well in the military. However, one thing i have never tolerated well is seeing a weaker person, or unpopular kid picked-on. In this case, he definitely stuck his own pecker in the bee hive but giving the benefit of the doubt and standing in front of some of the 'incoming', as Strykervet has done above, is refreshing to see.

I can't answer your question AJMarsoc...not a sniper, never was and don't wanna be. Just like hunting and LR shooting and learning more about both. I will offer this "jargon"......'spell check'...esp in your thread Title.

Oh and if you are one of those Fucktards....then what he said. And if you aren't but started this thread just to stir up the Hide....congrats, you did it! But that won't get you off the short bus...

Was it just dumb luck or did you use your 700 meter bayonet again?
I told you not to eat those damn beans!
Hey guy, wake the hell up, we are still at war here!
Smoke-um...