• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sniper One review needed..

Gnab2

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Texas
I am looking for a review on a book that I saw. The book is:
Sniper One: On Scope and Under Siege with a Sniper Team in Iraq by Dan Mills.

I would like the skinny and is it worth a crap. Or is this one that I will be bored with and just wasted money...

Thanks
Dna

Re: Sniper One review needed..

I read it. I thought it was well written, and a very good tale about the duties of snipers in an urban area during the seige of Al Amarah. Mills was the sniper platoon leader of a British unit in Iraq. He had never fired his rifle in combat until their deployment to Iraq. He and his mates got lots of trigger time.

Google will turn up lots of blurbs about the book. I recommend it.

I liked the book a lot. It took me a little bit to get use to the British slang but I caught on.

Dna,

Good read, very straight forward in the way it was written. Gives a feeling of how 'close' things are and can get.

Emilio - you were just geting used to 'english'
grin.gif

Terry (aka English)

Good book from the British perspective of things in Southern, Iraq. They even did a special on the military channel on this same story. Cannot remember the name of the show. All in all, good read....worth the price.

His style is like he's sitting there telling you the story. You get a great sense of emotion in the writing, and the story alone is a great one. Fast read, I think most folks could get through it in a day or two, good pictures as well. Worth the time and money.

The literary term for the writing style is 'stream of consciousness'.