• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Sniper suppressors?

FWIW,

I have a Thunderbeast 30P direct thread-on and and SAS Arbiter T.O.M.B (thread over muzzle break) which is similar in concept to the Thunderbeast BA series.

Here is what I have found so far (approx. 400 rounds of different calibers shot through both):

Repeatability - Wash: Both are dead nuts repeatable.
Accuracy - Wash: Niether can has any bad effects on the precision of the host rifle (1/2 MOA rifle stays a 1/2 MOA with or without the can)
Shift - SAS slight win: SAS had less shift than the 30P and zero shift w/my AW; however the 30P shift is 3/4-1.5" and is ALWAYS straight down. ( I Found 2 loads where the SAS shifted about 1" at 2 o'clock.)
Tone - SAS: to me the sound is softer (not as strident) as the 30P w/full power loads.

Both are great cans.

PS: I have some friends that have the SAS Arbiter with a QD mount ... they have had mixed results. I have not had mixed results with the TOMB mount.

Good shooting ...

Change in barrel harmonics will affect point of impact.
Harmonic signature will be different for each instance: Bare barrel, with brake or with suppressor.

Path of least resistance to consistency would be to always shoot suppressed. Or not.