• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Training Book

Aborigine

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Germany
Hey there !

I am looking for a comprehensive sniper training book. What do you recommend ? Up to now i have only hunting experience in shooting up to 300 yards maybe, and i would like to learn a bit more about exterior ballistics, wind doping and atmospherical influences on the bullet path.

Thank you for your help

Re: Sniper Training Book

Are you going to be a sniper? If not, you don't need a book. There is plenty of information readily available and all of that takes a back seat to just getting out and shooting.

Most of the books you find are either military manuals or civilian books and many of the civilian books are questionable as to their accuracy.

Well, no i aint gonna be a sniper, but i thought that probably i will find useful advice about longrange shooting in such a book.

Unfortunately, here in Germany you find very few seasoned longrange shooters. So it is quite difficult to gather some advice.

Sign up for the online training here. No book is going to answer questions after you read a chapter.

ultimate sniper, I was able to get it from the library, but it is on amazon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ultimate sniper, I was able to get it from the library, but it is on amazon </div></div>

That was a pretty good book to get started but just going out and shooting is the best teacher.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roccafella</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get Brian Litz's book if your just looking for the technical stuff.</div></div> This one for the exterior ballistics you're looking for. For the actual marksmanship training, look at the US Military marksmanship manuals that are all available online.

Sounds like there was a bit of a language barrier working against you. Some folks get leery when someone uses the "sniper" word, but I see you're just looking for some shooting manuals and use "sniper" for someone who hits what they're aiming at, but not necessarily another person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sign up for the online training here. No book is going to answer questions after you read a chapter.</div></div> ^^^Definitely this.

Mike Lau's <span style="text-decoration: underline">The Military and Police Sniper</span> is still an accurate reference source.

+100

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sign up for the online training here. No book is going to answer questions after you read a chapter.</div></div>