• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"sniper vest"

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
so i was thinking... allot of you did the ghillie on a flight suit thing... so if you where to wear that would you put any other vest on to say hold some m4 mags say if you where at a 3 gun long range match or any thing of that nature ?

how would a guy in the field carry mags for an offensive weapon at one of these style matches or what ever

Re: "sniper vest"

Carry mags anyway you can, vest, chest rig, belt pouch, whatever works for you. Can't say I've ever seen anyone at a 3 gun match with a ghilie though.

1. A Ghillie built on a flight suit sucks.
2. I have never been to a three gun match that requires a Ghillie
3. Now you know why 90% of the time an operational Sniper will use a veil instead of a full blown Ghillie.

Very seldom does a skilled Sniper need a Ghillie. I have done concealments in just utilities. I prefer a Ghillie when I stalk because it will give me a measure of protection against the stuff you crawl across and it makes it easier to attach vegetation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
so i was thinking... allot of you did the ghillie on a flight suit thing... so if you where to wear that would you put any other vest on to say hold some m4 mags say if you where at a 3 gun long range match or any thing of that nature ?

how would a guy in the field carry mags for an offensive weapon at one of these style matches or what ever </div></div>
I am sorry but if you showed up at a 3-gun in a ghillie suit I honestly think most people would be on the ground laughing. Like stated before wear your mags anyway other than a ghillie.

hahahaha... ghillies...

Ive always made mine on BDUs, so I cant speak for flight suits...

I guess one of my other questions is why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol, I am going to wear a ghillie at the bash for shits and giggles now. </div></div>
Nick I hope that someone holds you to this, LOL

hey how am i supposed to know any thing about this stuff..... iam just a mall junkie, well i hate malls but my point is i have no experience with any of this stuff hence the question. I didnt know if their was some sniper 3 gun match thing or ne thing like that out their

carry your mags where ever you feel comfortable but for the sniper comps they are usualy run on ranges and no concelment is required you want to measure your shooting skilles not conceelment this is not the military where you have x amount of time to get to X position to make a shot and then leave in X amount of time undettected

Just go to the range and shoot bullets and leave the other shit behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hey how am i supposed to know any thing about this stuff..... iam just a mall junkie, well i hate malls but my point is i have no experience with any of this stuff hence the question. I didnt know if their was some sniper 3 gun match thing or ne thing like that out their </div></div>

Basically, here's the deal. There are very few matches where a Ghillie is used. If it is, it's for a concealment or stalk, not a run and gun.

The only time a Ghillie and an M4 would be needed is on a live mission. In that situation you just put the Ghillie on over your combat gear. It sucks, it's hot and it's very uncomfortable. Also most guys forget about this when they size their Ghillie and don't leave enough room. If it's a live OP it's usually better to leave the Ghillie in the cache and stalk forward with a veil that has been vegged up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hey how am i supposed to know any thing about this stuff..... iam just a mall junkie, well i hate malls but my point is i have no experience with any of this stuff hence the question. I didnt know if their was some sniper 3 gun match thing or ne thing like that out their </div></div>

Its a shooting match not a dress up party or maybe I am wrong did you happen to make it to the Outbreak Omega-3 match last year? http://www.outbreakomega.com/pages/image.html#

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to play dress up when you shoot join SASS. </div></div>

sass ?

Ghillie?!!!.....Ghillie?!!!!
ThumbnailServer2.jpg

Sorry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmm i though you ment like gsg9 ksk sass or maybe its sas </div></div>

I thought for certain, when your posts were fewer and farther between that you had got some sense knocked into ya. Guess not.

thanks for the link and again iam just curious how "they" do it not how hollywood does it... and not that i wanna go out and do it ( cause that just isnt my thing ) just something i wonder about with not much "real" info out their

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

how would a guy in the field carry mags for an offensive weapon at one of these style matches or what ever </div></div>

I dont like Gillies made from flight suits because they are way too hot. I use a booney cap with burlap attached and a gillie BDU top. One of the other posters was correct about the veil. Veils and capes work great and all the systems I mentioned can be worn over a tactical vest.

Check out the following link. I have a similar one, that is OD green and actually made by Galls. I attach a belt to the bottom loops for additional items, such as a holster. I can put .308 ammo, a radio, food or M4 mags in the ammo pouches. I have also attached netting and burlap directly to the back of this vest.

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=&style=TE563

PSL, you may wish to check the dates of threads before you reply.

Plus Blackump is beyond help.

......back to the depths

Why do you say he is beyond help? PM me if you need to. I have to get my post count up (100 I believe). I knew it was old, but I was bored. Thanks for "Head's up" though......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll do it too....just need to make a sheath on my vest for a Samaria sword. </div></div>
ha ha, one up on Geko45? need I say more?
I've got a flightsuit gilly, works well enough for what I need it to do. problem is that if you stuff mags etc on your chest, it hurts & annoys when you shoot from prone & youcan't get to them. carry them in thigh pocket or on thigh magpouches & put them next to your rifle within easy reach when you're ready to shoot from prone.
but from now on I'll secretly hope some Mall Ninja pirches at a 3-gun with a gilly & a bionette ducktaped to his muzzle break, just in case...