• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

Re: Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that kind of stuff seems to make it more of a challenge and more fun. those are good things to use to immitate real life sniping. i mean by getting your heart rate up and have to calm down or control it to take a shot.</div></div>

Joe has a standing $100 payout for anyone who can clean his match...nobody has taken that $100 yet

you mean shoot better than him or you mean shoot a clean perfect score.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you mean shoot better than him or you mean shoot a clean perfect score.
</div></div>Joe doesnt shoot his own match, but if you shoot his match clean, no extra shots, and go 1 for 1 on every target, he will give you a 100 dollar bill.

fronut what kind of rifles do you and outsy shoot at this range. my sps is still just a factory rifle with a crappy stock. it does shoot under half inch at a hundred yards. i cant wait to see what it is capable of at 200, 300 and on.

Fro shoots a piece of garbage with a can on it and good glass. I shoot a piece of garbage with no can and shitty glass on it.

But on a serious note, he is shooting an older PSS thats been shopped and threaded for his can with a Premier leupy on it. Im shooting a spsT with an HS stock and a wal mart centerpoint glass on it.

There probably wont be many shots at 2 and 300 ... most will probably be 400 plus.

My rifle has never seen a factory load, I have shot nothing but hand loads from day one in it.

i have an ss 16x42 with badger 30moa base and 1piece rings. i hope i will be able to get in the ballpark. i will be shooting some georgia arms ammo. this is the ammo i broke in the gun with.

man both of my spotters have backed out on me so im still trying to find someone to spot for me. im still going with or without a spotter lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have an ss 16x42 with badger 30moa base and 1piece rings. i hope i will be able to get in the ballpark. i will be shooting some georgia arms ammo. this is the ammo i broke in the gun with. </div></div>

U will do alright...do u have dope for the load u are shooting?

BTW I love my peace of junk..going to love it better with a Krieger 5R pipe on it

U dont need a spotter...me and outsy dont spot for one another..just guess were the bullet hit

yea i have one that should get me in the ballpark. i have some steel 12x12 plates that i should pickup from work tomm. im gonna set these up at 300 400 and 500 to see how close those trajectory numbers are. the data chart is as close as i can get to the loads im shooting. i was thinking about going to jbm to see how much it changes with the height above sea level and compare.

(Life of a man who is laid off:)

Is their a limited number of competitors for this event?? I will not know if i have the money for the match until the night before. (of course. &$%#@*&%$)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Life of a man who is laid off:)

Is their a limited number of competitors for this event?? I will not know if i have the money for the match until the night before. (of course. &$%#@*&%$) </div></div>

You make the match, I got your entrance fee covered.

I believe the max allowed is 300win mag

I just got my Sako TRG 42 and am dying to get it to a good range, and would love to shoot it in a comp. Would be my first comp, but I love to shoot and do a ton of it. I am 20 min from this range and would love to get in on the action, if possible.

Call the range and ask Joe the owner. That would be your 100% answer.

I'm excited. This being my first tactical match- I'm positive I have honed my skill to the point I can look super ice-cool & in the groove as I miss targets. Jedi-cool, make awesome "!!bang!!" no one has hearing left to determine hits. ah....

Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif
</div></div>

I just got a new barrel bitch .... it will be ready for July ...... and yall watch out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif
</div></div>

I just got a new barrel bitch .... it will be ready for July ...... and yall watch out. </div></div>

It aint the Arrow lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif
</div></div>

I just got a new barrel bitch .... it will be ready for July ...... and yall watch out. </div></div>

It aint the Arrow lol </div></div>

Injin ..... keep in mind, who finished higher than you last match ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif
</div></div>

Injin ..... keep in mind, who finished higher than you last match ?</div></div>

Blind squirell find a nut every now and then lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Blind squirell find a nut every now and then lol </div></div>

Do we need to have a bet between you and I ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do we need to have a bet between you and I ?</div></div>

I bet u need to bring my drimmel back lol
not this go around since I wont finish this one...btw I volunteered us to go first

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

not this go around since I wont finish this one...btw I volunteered us to go first </div></div>

Thats fine, we can go first..... you are the first man of the team to shoot all stages.

You forget ..... two can play this game ......

Joe, I know you are reading this .... Fro said he wants us to go first, that means he wants to go first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

not this go around since I wont finish this one...btw I volunteered us to go first </div></div>

Thats fine, we can go first..... you are the first man of the team to shoot all stages.

You forget ..... two can play this game ......

Joe, I know you are reading this .... Fro said he wants us to go first, that means he wants to go first. </div></div>

LOL u are eat up with gameing...thats fine I dont care I'll run them first

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. So you will be shooting like Outsy then
smile.gif
</div></div>

Injin ..... keep in mind, who finished higher than you last match ? </div></div>I know!!! It was "last place Jay"

If anyone needs a spotter, I may be interested. I doubt I'll have any of my rifles ready by then, but I would still like to attend (just to see the setup).

I guess I need to check my work schedule first, though...

Outsy & Fro, do they use one standard sized target for all ranges? If so, and I imagine they do, what is the target size?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outsy & Fro, do they use one standard sized target for all ranges? If so, and I imagine they do, what is the target size? </div></div>

1.) Define Standard sized target.
2.) You probably aren't going to have enough time to calculate your range estimates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outsy & Fro, do they use one standard sized target for all ranges? If so, and I imagine they do, what is the target size? </div></div>

Well last match we shot at everything from a ping pong ball to a full silhouette...
He will tell u how big most of the targets are, but like poison said I doubt u would have enough time to MIL the target

Interesting. Kind of a moot point for me though, as I will be working Thurs-Fri-Sat of this coming week.

Maybe next time!

Basically its take a shot, and if you are wrong, correct it. I show everyone where the 500 yard line is ... and I know the range pretty well and try to help everyone as best I can with range guestimation before they take their run.

Like fro said last match targets were a ping pong ball, clay pigeon, softball, balloon, and various size steel.

Best thing to do is shoot for the center of the largest piece of steel ....... find out where that hit was .... if it was where it should be then you know your range is about right and then you can start shooting the smaller stuff and shouldnt have problems, and if you are off you can correct easilly with your spotter gives you good info.

guys i have been through five spotters and i finally found someone to go with me. do i need to bring a ccw or something to verify i can own a rifle? i was just wondering cause some ranges request this so i have heard.

No sps.

And don't sweat the spotters. Joe will help you out, hell yet again I don't have one because all my friends are losers. Its to the point where I've convinced my 64 year old father to come and shoot with me in future matches.

I am going to try and make it down for this. I've never shot in a comp thouhgh lol.

For those that are coming for the first time, make sure to pack your lunch with you when we head off to the firing line. During the match we probably wont stop for an actual lunch break but there will be plenty of time to eat between teams. Bring a drink as well.

Also a folding chair might be a good thing as well so you arent sitting on the ground.

And to add wear boots...water proof even better...and some clothes u dont mind getting a little dirty...

thats cool guys. i did find another spotter though. he is wanting to get into this also so im gonna let him shoot my gun and ill spot for him for a second round. im gonna shoot some this week to get ready. i built me some gongs this weekend. with 12x12 1/2inch thick steel plate that i bought from work. fro and outsy what do yall think about the bell and carlson a2 medalist. i got one on the way should be here tuesday so i can replace that hogue stock. i wont have enough time to bed the action but im just gonna set it in and shoot. think ill have any problems?

Don't get too hung up on your equipment, your rifle configuration (bedded or unbedded) will not be the determining factor in how you do at this match.

There are no standard targets or standard shooting positions. You will shoot at a large variety of targets from all sorts of wierd positons. Your shooting ability will be challenged and you will learn a lot.

Just bring the essentials that the other folks have suggested and you'll be just fine. Lots of nice people there who'll help you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats cool guys. i did find another spotter though. he is wanting to get into this also so im gonna let him shoot my gun and ill spot for him for a second round. im gonna shoot some this week to get ready. i built me some gongs this weekend. with 12x12 1/2inch thick steel plate that i bought from work. fro and outsy what do yall think about the bell and carlson a2 medalist. i got one on the way should be here tuesday so i can replace that hogue stock. i wont have enough time to bed the action but im just gonna set it in and shoot. think ill have any problems? </div></div>

mac im a new shooter also but im ready. you wont be the only one thats new to the comp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats cool guys. i did find another spotter though. he is wanting to get into this also so im gonna let him shoot my gun and ill spot for him for a second round. im gonna shoot some this week to get ready. i built me some gongs this weekend. with 12x12 1/2inch thick steel plate that i bought from work. fro and outsy what do yall think about the bell and carlson a2 medalist. i got one on the way should be here tuesday so i can replace that hogue stock. i wont have enough time to bed the action but im just gonna set it in and shoot. think ill have any problems?</div></div>

Like Mr Tap said dont get too hung up on gear...it is not arrow
wink.gif

I have seen guys show up with some high $ set up's and not hardly hit anything...

Know your gun
Know were it shoots
Dont let the time limit of the stage screw with u
U will do just fine
smile.gif

BTW dont bring anything u dont want to carry...we dont drive to 500 we carry everything we will need that day...about 1/2 way across that cotton field u will start rethinking half the stuff u brought
smile.gif

hey fellas what do you carry to the field? i was just curious so i will know how to pack. i need something to carry my ammo in. i dont have a drag bag yet. i know i have alot of stuff that i can leave at home.

Me...Backpack with:

Ammo
Snacks
Water
Possibly Lunch

And a chair.

Lets see here, In my bag I will have a change of clothes, including socks. Ill have a gallon of liquid to drink at a minimum, some granola bars/snacks. Minimum of 60 rounds of ammo, an extending shooting stick, sling, rear bag. Various little things that I might need, bug spray, sunscreen, things of that nature.

And Ill have my chair.

But thats what I make sure I have each match.

I think that there are going to be BBQ chicken plates available for purchase being cooked by a local baseball team that are half chickens for like 7 bucks a plate.

Ummm yard bird...

Just few more days

SPS I carry a backpack ..which I will be going threw here in a few to make sure I have what I need...
I cant remember what is all in that pack anymore lol
I carry a little bit of "everything"

fro i was thinkin about carrying one of my smaller hunting backpacks and throw everything in it. i gotta go get some more ammo after tomm. im gonna try and get the rest of my dope chart done tomm. evening but im pumped. im totally ready to send some downrange this weekend. what time will you guys get there? we have about a 1hr 45min ride but we are gonna try and get there early just so we can find the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fro i was thinkin about carrying one of my smaller hunting backpacks and throw everything in it. i gotta go get some more ammo after tomm. im gonna try and get the rest of my dope chart done tomm. evening but im pumped. im totally ready to send some downrange this weekend. what time will you guys get there? we have about a 1hr 45min ride but we are gonna try and get there early just so we can find the place. </div></div>

Lol at least you have a dope card for your rifle/ammo. I've never had the opportunity to shoot over 100 yds am I going to be hindering anyone if I participate? I've got about the same drive time 1.5-1.75 hrs. I'm thinking I may just come and observe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fro i was thinkin about carrying one of my smaller hunting backpacks and throw everything in it. i gotta go get some more ammo after tomm. im gonna try and get the rest of my dope chart done tomm. evening but im pumped. im totally ready to send some downrange this weekend. what time will you guys get there? we have about a 1hr 45min ride but we are gonna try and get there early just so we can find the place.</div></div>

Well I live maybe half hour away, but I try to get there around 9- 9:30....GPS will get u close..when u turn on Old Alabama Rd..just keep driving..Range is on the left...u will see sighns for Harris Farm Auctions...range wont be far on the left..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac_05evo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fro i was thinkin about carrying one of my smaller hunting backpacks and throw everything in it. i gotta go get some more ammo after tomm. im gonna try and get the rest of my dope chart done tomm. evening but im pumped. im totally ready to send some downrange this weekend. what time will you guys get there? we have about a 1hr 45min ride but we are gonna try and get there early just so we can find the place. </div></div>

Lol at least you have a dope card for your rifle/ammo. I've never had the opportunity to shoot over 100 yds am I going to be hindering anyone if I participate? I've got about the same drive time 1.5-1.75 hrs. </div></div>

hindering..no way man...I was in your shoes at the first one of these Joe did...Just come on out..Joe will get u on target

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac_05evo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fro i was thinkin about carrying one of my smaller hunting backpacks and throw everything in it. i gotta go get some more ammo after tomm. im gonna try and get the rest of my dope chart done tomm. evening but im pumped. im totally ready to send some downrange this weekend. what time will you guys get there? we have about a 1hr 45min ride but we are gonna try and get there early just so we can find the place. </div></div>

Lol at least you have a dope card for your rifle/ammo. I've never had the opportunity to shoot over 100 yds am I going to be hindering anyone if I participate? I've got about the same drive time 1.5-1.75 hrs. </div></div>

Bring your ass out and dont ask if you are hindering anyone.

We will help you out ... dont worry about that.