• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

So Fedex just lost a SCAR 17

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    and could literally give two shits. God I'm tired of getting screwed by fedex.

The shipper is dealing with them to do whatever. Play their damn game I guess.

But I'd like to know who to contact that gives a shit so the thief is caught. It's obviously someone that works at fedex.

And yes, they're shipped in giant "FN!" boxes, but I have no control over any of this. I can either get a rifle from them or go elsewhere..

In alot of cases once the atf hears about shit starts getting found. They love threatening people with felonies...

Had this happen to me before. Told FedEx customer support my next call is to the ATF and they’ll help FedEx find it. They put a supervisor on the phone and found that package REAL quick...
    It shouldnt be that difficult to find, or find out who took it. Every package is checked in at the facility, designated to a driver, and he has to show it delivered.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    Double edged sword here, shippers may just say shipping firearms just not worth the hassle.
    Not like they dont have enough work.

Calling the BATFE doesn't do anything from the buyers end. The shipper is responsible for reporting any firearm lost by common carrier within 24 hours. Calling the BATFE also does nothing to help find the gun. It's not like someone at FedEx has a crystal ball and can mysteriously come up with a missing gun just because someone called BATFE.

Reactions: camotoe
    Calling the BATFE doesn't do anything from the buyers end. The shipper is responsible for reporting any firearm lost by common carrier within 24 hours. Calling the BATFE also does nothing to help find the gun. It's not like someone at FedEx has a crystal ball and can mysteriously come up with a missing gun just because someone called BATFE.

No, but they can motivate them to actually look, not just put you on hold while they "check."

Reactions: woogie_man
    You'd be surprised how many firearms are stolen in transit. I assure you it's not unique to FedEx and it doesn't matter what the box looks like that it's shipped in. Handgun, long-gun, shotgun... they all get stolen.

Worked for a small manufacturer about 20 years ago. Lots of packaged lost in transit. What was more interesting is how many guns California -- as in the State itself, would lose. We had to send in guns to get them certified to be sold in the state -- and they would lose them over and over. I believe that company ended up deciding it wasn't worth selling in that state. Maye that was the point -- personally I think they were just stealing them and selling them on the black market. Communists are the worst criminals.

No, but they can motivate them to actually look, not just put you on hold while they "check."
    In fairness, old Joe is back in office again -- for all we know the missing packages are part of another ATF program to get guns to cartels. /trolling

Reactions: Blutroop
    FedEx, gee imagine that

UPS main hub in Atlanta was famous for losing firearms in the past.

Yeah, all this after waiting three months for an "in stock" purchase... Just got the tracking today too and it shipped Feb. 26. I'm fucking livid. If they don't have a good fucking solution tomorrow AM I'm just gonna call the bank and reverse the charges, cancel all outstanding orders with that company and just go elsewhere. They can play policy fuck-fuck games with each other, I have better shit to do. This is just getting fucking stupid.

Because I know now that it's fucked up, it'll be ANOTHER goddamn 3 month wait, I'm sure of it. Then flip the coin on fedex again.

UPS main hub in Atlanta was famous for losing firearms in the past.

Well this one made it from the factory to the first distribution center --and vanished. Basically stolen right out FN's fucking front door by Fedex. Never made it out of NC, barely made it out of the first zip code.

Is this what I need to do to get one?

First of all it is illegal to ship a firearm with marks that identify it as a firearm, so that little bit of info might help you put the screws to them.

For future reference if you can ship by USPS registered mail it is always worth it.

Fedex has an internal system strictly for firearm thefts. It's odd you're getting the run around since my local hub is awesome at finding stuff and tossing the shitbag to the atf with any evidence they've found.

Yeah, all this after waiting three months for an "in stock" purchase... Just got the tracking today too and it shipped Feb. 26. I'm fucking livid. If they don't have a good fucking solution tomorrow AM I'm just gonna call the bank and reverse the charges, cancel all outstanding orders with that company and just go elsewhere. They can play policy fuck-fuck games with each other, I have better shit to do. This is just getting fucking stupid.

Because I know now that it's fucked up, it'll be ANOTHER goddamn 3 month wait, I'm sure of it. Then flip the coin on fedex again.
    Thats one of the best if not the best reason to ALWAYS use American Express. Wait the specified short time, call them, they put a hold on the charge, take it of your card and begin their own investigation. They have found in my favor every time and its been more than 5 times. Not with guns but they dont care about what it is, they take care of their customers.

USPS is worse. They lost a Vudoo barreled action for me, and when I reported it they told me I was only allowed to ship rifles. When I explained to them what a barreled action was, the guy told me I was lucky to avoid prosecution.

It’s ok. Ups “lost” a krieger from keystone two weeks ago. This showed up today.

Attachments

• 207932CA-ADC7-4255-BF8D-3CE20B99AA55.jpeg
      207932CA-ADC7-4255-BF8D-3CE20B99AA55.jpeg
      333.2 KB · Views: 118
    Bought a 223 Rem barrel from Midway, USPS lost it. Never had any movement on package from Dallas Texas, Dallas is as far as it made it. Midway did send me a replacement, received it in 3 days or so. Then out of the blue, like a month later it showed delivered on USPS tracking. The package was never delivered, not to my address any ways. Midway called and asked if I received it, told them no, absolutely not, last I heard of it. So somewhere there is a Rem 223 barrel floating in space or a postal worker got a new toy....

I've had shit stolen in the mail. It happens

Now I get to hunt that goddamn rifle down and try to find another one to wait three months on... Oh I'm pissed!

Yesterday my "barrel" arrived at the gunsmith. Not sure whether to blame UPS or the sender for packaging it so shitily. Either way I don't know how a shipping company detonates the end of the box and the barrel just "falls" out 🤦 its definitely no SCAR getting lost but it is ridiculous how shipping companies lose stuff as if thats their job.

Attachments

• 636931592(1).jpg
      636931592(1).jpg
      200.5 KB · Views: 49
    • Sad
    Reactions: Rabbitseason
    I ordered an air conditioner compressor from my distributor. Somewhere along the trip the box was dropped or thrown and the compressor tore it's way out of the box. They moved the box though their system and I was delivered an empty box. My shipper filed the claim and after a struggle it was paid. 4 months later UPS called me to say they found the compressor and asked if I still wanted it.
    In case you did not know... UPS has a policy that anything with a declared value over $1000 has to have a customer signature at delivery. My delivery drivers were good about that for a while, but that went away.

I wonder what their corporate office would think about their employees steeling or carelessly loosing a fully semi automatic assault weapon of war?

Or maybe the News?

I had a Carbon Six barrel go missing last October and I apparently wasn’t the only one. It reached the first UPS hub and disappeared, when I called them up about it turns out I was the second person that week to had a barrel disappear in the same place. They talked to their shipping rep to try and find it while rush manufacturing me a new one.

I wonder what their corporate office would think about their employees steeling or carelessly loosing a fully semi automatic assault weapon of war?

Or maybe the News?

They know employees steal. They care when it gets them bad press or in some way involves them paying out.

The news... seriously, the news only prints what their circle-jerking squad says on twitter. There's almost no actual journalism in existence anymore.

The reality is there are areas, major metro areas in particular, where these companies have to operate. The pool they hire from there is about as clean as a cattle pond. Thus, your shit goes through one of those hubs and chances go up on it getting stolen. Up a lot.

To make things uglier, Trump had really put a dent in the slave-labor market we call illegal immigration. So these companies were having to compete with more businesses and it was driving up wages and reducing the pool of workers. End result is hiring standards went down a lot because companies needed warm bodies. Compound that with free government money for being unemployed and...

First of all it is illegal to ship a firearm with marks that identify it as a firearm, so that little bit of info might help you put the screws to them.

For future reference if you can ship by USPS registered mail it is always worth it.
    I sent an insurance claim check to my mortgage company for a signature USPS registered mail on February 25th. It has left the post office that I mailed it from 3 times since then and still not made it to the destination. It is in USPS purgatory and no matter how hard I pray, it won't get out. Trying to get my insurance company to cut a new check.

FYI PSA has scar17's in-stock, if you don't find camo.
    Yeah, FN told me that... I told 'em it was a slick way to handle shit anodize jobs on black receivers but that nobody really asked for those. He agreed.

Or maybe the News?
    Apparently not much at all. And trust me, I did everything I could to make it sound meaner than it was "Lady, this is a Special Operations Command Combat Assault Rifle, semi auto, large caliber, only a tactical nuke can create more carnage" or something along those lines. It sure felt cheesy so as long as she was a commie I'm sure it had significant impact.

UPDATE: So now that I've started the refund process, placed another order, that order turned over to FN and started another wait until June, everyone assumes it's gone, fedex calls saying they found it in Portland in a train car. Jesus pleezus... She did say that they try to complete delivery before issuing out a refund so there's that, at least it (isn't supposed to) go back to the shipper. We'll see.

All I want is my goddamn rifle. I paid for it, waited for it, bought mags for it and a 13"bbl (I know, I know, I have several SBR's, this was just gonna be the next one...) Was looking forward to at least getting the SN off it today so I could start the Form1. Sort of vested in this motherfucker already. You have no idea how hard it is to get your hands on one of these damn things. For $3k anyway. FN will NOT deal with the public AT ALL and apparently not many dealers can place orders either.

Going forward, all my orders for firearms and critical components will be done over the phone (or simultaneously online) because not getting a human to confirm the order is just not worth it. This rifle should have shipped Dec. 30 but I did what they asked and waited for them to send me the forms, stupidly thinking they'd actually still sell me the same rifle I paid for. Nope. I bought a place IN A line, not a place IN line... Last time I fall for that.

I'll also demand any carrier but fedex.

Oh, I did find a SCAR16 too... Of course the prices would arbitrarily drop a week after I got mine. I still got an okay deal though, civilian prices anyway and no taxes or fees. Not bad for a GB deal.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    My cousin runs a gun shop, seems he has an AUG go missing in shipment about once a year, never a Hi Point...

You all make me feel extremely grateful as I’ve not had issues with firearm related items. Now expensive as firearm high end G-Loomis fishing rods; not so lucky. Had two Loomis rods delivered broken in half; the package and the rod. Yet they still left them disheveled at the door. (UPS)

And guess what shows up today. The “lost” barrel.

Attachments

• C1DE7980-0BB1-44D4-A6F4-FEB21DFC9ED5.jpeg
      C1DE7980-0BB1-44D4-A6F4-FEB21DFC9ED5.jpeg
      321.4 KB · Views: 27
    Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
    and could literally give two shits. God I'm tired of getting screwed by fedex.

The shipper is dealing with them to do whatever. Play their damn game I guess.

But I'd like to know who to contact that gives a shit so the thief is caught. It's obviously someone that works at fedex.

And yes, they're shipped in giant "FN!" boxes, but I have no control over any of this. I can either get a rifle from them or go elsewhere..
    You call ATF on this one... They give a shit!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Not lost - stolen as stated elsewhere in this thread. Items that get shipped by any competent shipper are tracked, double tracked, triple tracked and checked/double checked every time they go on/off a truck. If it hit X destination and never got to B destination it is stolen.

Not lost. The driver or someone loading/unloading trucks knows exactly where it went.

VooDoo

They just busted 2 people a few weeks ago at our local UPS hub for firearms theft. All shipping is abysmal the lst few years.
    Ryan

Makes you wonder if it shipped in an FN branded box or discrete?

A few years ago I had ordered a case of .308 and turns out it shipped in a factory labeled box. Not sure it even hit my doostep but it wasnt there 10 minutes after i got the delivery notification.

That was a fight with Fed Ex and the ammo company I bought it from so I feel your pain.

I would not recommend this. I'm sure in reality this crap is going on with all of them, but USPS registered mail shoved (15k in gold and silver coins) in my mailbox to the point I almost didn't get it out without cutting the mailbox open. No signature, no knock on the door, no nothing. They all suck, but for my local area, ups is the best option. The USPS has lost more shit than I can even count, and it's not started just recently with covid either.

This "anything goes" mentality that is pumped through our society from various dubious sources, has serious consequences for any society. Anyone wants to come into this country illegally??? Sure, it's ok. Anyone wants to change their Sexual Orientation??? Sure it's ok... Don't want to pay the debt that you yourself knowingly chose to take on??? Sure it's ok...

That asinine way of thinking and practice destroys a society.... Which is why it's being pushed...