• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I am getting complaints because of This bullshit,

Lowlight, I used to have the same problem in a house I used to live in, except my sewer line was 124' long, and about 5' deep at the end. Mine was so bad, that I was having to root it out every 4-5 months. Then, I got tired of that shit. Whenever I'd go out of town for the weekend, I'd mix up about 4 gallons of really hot water, and a half a bag of ice cream salt, maybe more. Dissolve the salt in the water. The very last last thing I did before leaving the house was pour the salt water down the toilet nearest the drain line and leave. Don't run anymore water nothing, just leave, and let that salt water sit on those roots for the weekend. I went from having to root out my line every three or four months, to every 2-3 years. May be something worth trying.

I would like to mention that over-moderation has caused the demise of many internet forums. There is a limited supply of participants out there, and many of the obnoxious ones have valuable knowledge to contribute.

However, I have no idea what posts people are bitching about.

Its impossible to over moderate 250,000 people. At least on the internet, Stalin did a pretty good job.

I think this presents an opportunity. This may have been brought up in a previous post but ,,,, why not launch a paid sister website. You could call it GripersHide. Anyone who wants to just bitch anomalously about whatever, sign up with a credit card and start the shit show. You could set up Russian bots to both send rotating canned Mod answers as well as trigger posts to offend those who clearly come to the site to be offended. Kind of like a S&M site for the mind... 😏💰💰💰💰

When installing new lines, if you run a bare copper wire in each line to the distribution box (if so equipped) then those to the bottom of the tank(if so equipped) you will never have any roots in a drain line. The copper reacts with the effluent to produce an acid that will kill any type of root.
Works the same way as galvanized keeping mold of a roof.

What kind of woman carries a wallet?

Do you think they just throw their shit in their purse like you do your backpack? :geek:

s-l640.jpeg

I would like to mention that over-moderation has caused the demise of many internet forums. There is a limited supply of participants out there, and many of the obnoxious ones have valuable knowledge to contribute.

From my perspective gained from participating in a number of forums over the past 20 years, there is a difference between someone like Larry/NOBODY (who has immense knowledge but rubs a large number of people the wrong way with his deliver) and a number of shit-posters who mostly hang around general-discussion forums. For the stated purpose of the forum, it'd be better to cut loose dozens of the latter instead of just one of the former.

You are the only one who will be over moderated, this forum is far from over moderated so like Gaga, suck my dick

The only moderation in all this I see is you, we are talking about one section and a lot of minor whiners, like you

Nothing pisses me off more than backseat drivers who think they have a clue HOW TO run a site because they participated on a site

Every couple of months someone declares me irrelevant, dead, forum is gonna die, over moderation is gonna kill you, and yet we are growing
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.57.09 AM.png

We survived Scout and grew, (Funny thing is my numbers on Scout went up too, ) Since leaving Scout we have had had steady 15% growth, with Covid giving me another 5% increase.

The new forum changes were planned in December, so we upgraded which also matched the Covid lockdowns so new users found a better experience between the front page and the forum. We are tops with the Podcast, which brings members, Yet some backseat asshole is gonna start writing my eulogy because they PARTICIPATED In a forum and saw it.

Spare me you uneducated bullshit, I think I know what is best for MY Forum which is why it is MY Forum and not your forum, go make your own and show me how to do it, So far, few have come close but I have yet to see one of your rocket scientist fly past me

Nothing pisses me off more than backseat drivers who think they have a clue HOW TO run a site because they participated on a site

Every couple of months someone declares me irrelevant, dead, forum is gonna die, over moderation is gonna kill you, and yet we are growing
View attachment 7343122

We survived Scout and grew, (Funny thing is my numbers on Scout went up too, ) Since leaving Scout we have had had steady 15% growth, with Covid giving me another 5% increase.

The new forum changes were planned in December, so we upgraded which also matched the Covid lockdowns so new users found a better experience between the front page and the forum. We are tops with the Podcast, which brings members, Yet some backseat asshole is gonna start writing my eulogy because they PARTICIPATED In a forum and saw it.

Spare me you uneducated bullshit, I think I know what is best for MY Forum which is why it is MY Forum and not your forum, go make your own and show me how to do it, So far, few have come close but I have yet to see one of your rocket scientist fly past me
Fucking jarheads always beating around the bush,... tell us in plain language how you really feel, w/o the sugar coating crap,...

Read very little of this but little bit I read concerns me.

Does everyone understand this is not real?

The entrepreneur has created what I find to be an entertaining and informative place to go to either gain knowledge, help with a problem or to pull my prick when there is too much public around and I cant do it for real.

Because Gaga is on his dick I wont try to go there but its pretty rare when someone builds something that some half million plus people can find "escape" or knowledge.

As applied to the shooting sports the knowledge is the real part as long as its taken with a discerning eye.

This is the internet.....you have to assume every contributor is a 24/7 bathrobe wearer that does furry role play when not on this forum. Fucking D Tubb is not answering your questions here except for when he is. Henry Kissinger is certainly not contributing to our Bear Pit world policy discussions - not that he would agree with most of us, nor is Bill Bratton educating us on police issues.........its all fake for the most part yet people take it as flesh and blood or relevant in your away from the keyboard world.

How do people get so butt hurt here, did someone not let you join them in kickball?

Get as active in complaing in the real world and we might have a better reality. Someone else controls this world and its not you.

Too funny. Excuse me while I go give someone like Frank Green my opinion on how he should make gun barrels, and he better listen.

So what happens if trump gets his way? Is it going to be a free for all, or will there still be moderating?

There is no "Getting his way"

There is no free for all, people can't control themselves, look at the Virginia Rallies, you all were flagging by LE for your comments, you are not doing politics well enough to let you go unmoderated, within reason is a word,

It's about balance, it's about speaking your mind without the need to attack everyone who disagrees with you. It's about civil discourse, you all don't get it, there is no going back. You will be taxed for things you say online and in public. That line is not fixed and can change in a heartbeat. I am not gonna take flak from .gov because some random user thinks he can threaten people with violence

You need to be an example, not just a participant, if you can't set that example, we have little tolerance for bullshit.

We have a good thing, we can say whatever we want within reason. If we let someone ruin it under the guise of no moderation, free speech, whatever bumper sticker quote you want to call it, we can easily lose it.

I am driving this boat, those who don't like the direction have a few choices, Jump off, get pushed off, or just stay off, I personally don't care, because I will push you faster than most are willing to jump.

So what happens if trump gets his way? Is it going to be a free for all, or will there still be moderating?
In case you haven't noticed, there is a free for all going on out there. And, it doesn't have much to do with Trump "getting his way".

And, as far as what is going on, "Moderation" isn't a word that immediately comes to mind.

Reactions: FishinGuns
You are the only one who will be over moderated, this forum is far from over moderated so like Gaga, suck my dick

The only moderation in all this I see is you, we are talking about one section and a lot of minor whiners, like you
I'm pretty certain you're the one who said it last week, "Jealousy ".
Myself
I see douchebags as jealous people.
These types always swing the spotlight out of focus from themselves while trying to tear others down.

Do you really want moderating to go away? I've been here the morning after the Asians (I don't have the knowledge to distinguish each countries writing) have gotten in. All of the posts for the first 3 pages of each forum are in chicken scratch. That's what it'd look like without moderating. Frank has done well. Keep it up.

Reactions: Bender
We moderate even before people sign up,

We manually approve every single account checking IP, Email, and User Name against several Spam/Blacklist Databases and actually reject a ton of users who would normally be fine.

We are attacked hourly by hackers and different groups trying to spam the site,

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.51.48 AM.png

You all think the public side of this site is all that needs to be watched,

Both the forum and WP part of the site are attacked every hour

Do you really want moderating to go away? I've been here the morning after the Asians (I don't have the knowledge to distinguish each countries writing) have gotten in. All of the posts for the first 3 pages of each forum are in chicken scratch. That's what it'd look like without moderating. Frank has done well. Keep it up.

No. I didn’t say that. I was just curious how the thing I read about fagbook deleting people’s posts and trump was supposedly gonna make some rule to where they couldn’t. I just wondered how that would affect things here. I don’t know how .gov can do that, on fb or anything else since it’s a privately held company. “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone” comes to mind.

They are already getting sued over it, the social media order

For those sites, they want to regulate them like Utilities or Internet ISPs because they are so big and have such a wide impact.

They also create content in the form of news type articles so they are dancing a gray line about whether they are an open platform or one that creates content equal to a news organization. There is a lot to unpack, and many layers to it

For what is worth, if you want to experience unmoderated, you should move to NY, Minneapolis, Chicago or LA. It seems to me it would be a nirvana to you right now. I like having a Sheriff, except when he is Sheriffing on me. So I try to stay out of town when I am drunk. :)

For what is worth, if you want to experience unmoderated, you should move to NY, Minneapolis, Chicago or LA. It seems to me it would be a nirvana to you right now. I like having a Sheriff, except when he is Sheriffing on me. So I try to stay out of town when I am drunk. :)

you talking to me?

I really like it here because all you guys sugarcoat everything enough give that warm fuzzy feeling with every post I read.

My Dick is measured in CM, so Mils that way the bigger numbers work in my favor

Also remember, shorter legs make it look longer, always undress as far away from the target as possible to get the full effect
I believe it, because long legs make it look shorter. Hence undressing on the target is appropriate.

Jeez Frank, I did not intend to hurt your feelings.

From my perspective gained from participating in a number of forums over the past 20 years, there is a difference between someone like Larry/NOBODY (who has immense knowledge but rubs a large number of people the wrong way with his deliver) and a number of shit-posters who mostly hang around general-discussion forums. For the stated purpose of the forum, it'd be better to cut loose dozens of the latter instead of just one of the former.

That makes perfect sense. But what usually happens is the posters who run about 2 standard deviations outside of the mean get banned, and many of them are the cream of the crop from a knowledge perspective.

That makes perfect sense. But what usually happens is the posters who run about 2 standard deviations outside of the mean get banned, and many of them are the cream of the crop from a knowledge perspective.

And how many brilliant people have been relegated to obscurity because they can't control themselves.

Having knowledge is not the only requirement to gain respect and have/use a platform to spread that knowledge.

Name one cream of the crop knowledge wise that has been banned here.

There’s always someone better, wiser, and more knowledgeable to take their place. This isn’t 1980 where all the information is secret sauce.

So to reinforce the original message here, the ban hammer is starting to swing. Think very carefully about what you post; if it's even questionable the hammer will fall....

source.gif

Name one cream of the crop knowledge wise that has been banned here.

There’s always someone better, wiser, and more knowledgeable to take their place. This isn’t 1980 where all the information is secret sauce.
Nobody. Make of that what you want.

Reactions: Jscb1b
LOL! Probably that brothel across the street and down from the bar "Paraguay's". I vaguely remember that place and the "two dogs" behind the bar (there's was actually only one, but I was so blitz'ed, I was seeing double at the time). My "libo buddy" decided he needed to dip his wick, so I just sat at the bar, drank more and acted as the local interpreter (the previous float I had been detached to an Intel unit there, and lived on Rota for a few months; I also spoke the language properly). Rota was a fun place, especially after the fleet left. Fun times...
Ah Rota. Remember Lisa at the Led Zeppelin club?

Reactions: MarinePMI
Holy shit. Lol! What about Chip at the Hard Rock Cafe (where all the local Marines hung out; Co. F and Security Forces)?

Holy shit. Lol! What about Chip at the Hard Rock Cafe (where all the local Marines hung out; Co. F and Security Forces)?
I still have my hard rock shirt, but can't say I knew Chip.
Damn I was sad when the Hard Rock closed.

Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Reactions: camocorvette