• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, I threw my Arken off the shooting platform...

I saw an EP4 fail at a PRS match. It stopped tracking. The guy had to use holdovers for a day and a half of shooting.

There's actually a fairly reliable means of telling how well a scope is holding up.

How long it's on the market.

If the scope is constantly changing, upgrading, being discontinued, the manufacturer was either having bad sales or bad performance. The fact that Arken is constantly changing and upgrading the name doesn't bode well. Seems like there's always a new SH or EP every other year or so. If it was selling and functioning as intended, they would leave it alone.
PMII has entered the chat.

I saw an EP4 fail at a PRS match. It stopped tracking. The guy had to use holdovers for a day and a half of shooting.

There's actually a fairly reliable means of telling how well a scope is holding up.

If the scope is constantly changing, upgrading, being discontinued, the manufacturer was either having bad sales or bad performance. The fact that Arken is constantly changing and upgrading the name doesn't bode well. Seems like there's always a new SH or EP every other year or so. If it was selling and functioning as intended, they would leave it alone.

And the problem I have had with Arken and that others more important than me have had with Arken is the spinning turret covers. Arken tech support suggested vibra tite, which has worked but I have not been in a competition or with that scope long enough to see if that really helps.

I stick with a scope that has never once ever slipped like that.

Arken started making scopes in 2019. They like any other company - will not start at the top of the heap and know everything there is to know about building and selling their product. I don’t care what company you want to name - but if they haven’t improved their product in 5 years they are out of business. They build and market a mid-grade scope that out performs more expensive long established companies’ offerings. Leaving their product alone is called “stagnation”. You cannot grow a company via stagnation. Their scopes are a good value for the price paid.

Digging some reports of alpha level scopes failing has nothing to do with a lack of any sort of reliability track record for arkan. Yes we all know everything breaks.

I swear arkan owners are like the jehova's witnesses of the gun range. Yea, no I don't want to hear about your lord and savior arkan. I will challenge your arkan to reliability test. Let's see if you throw your scope in your car, and drive home, will it hold zero. 🤣🤣🤣

8eacih.jpg

Digging some reports of alpha level scopes failing has nothing to do with a lack of any sort of reliability track record for arkan. Yes we all know everything breaks.

I swear arkan owners are like the jehova's witnesses of the gun range. Yea, no I don't want to hear about your lord and savior arkan. I will challenge your arkan to reliability test. Let's see if you throw your scope in your car, and drive home, will it hold zero. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 8337906
Then why in the world are you in this thread?

Also, digging? You can literally google my Schmidt and bender broke and dozens of threads pop up.

You are the one who came over to my urinal and started giving unsolicited advice on why arken's are trash. Yet you don't own one. I own atacrs, NXS, and other "Alpha" tier optics. You like all the other weirdos who wondered in here are COMPLETELY missing the point.

I'll repeat myself since it seems you are a bit slow. Arken's are great optics for the money.

Last edited:
And the problem I have had with Arken and that others more important than me have had with Arken is the spinning turret covers. Arken tech support suggested vibra tite, which has worked but I have not been in a competition or with that scope long enough to see if that really helps.

I stick with a scope that has never once ever slipped like that.
Last time I looked eurooptic had some xtr2 demos or something for 500. I feel like it's a no brainer if someone is wanting to get into shooting comps for cheap. Nobody wants a scope to ruin the experience of a competion that costs as much as an arkan to shoot.

Reactions: Ronws

View attachment 8337906
Well, we Arken scope owning “poors” like nothing better than out-shooting guys that think spending 5x as much for their high-end scopes will somehow fix their shooting. And we certainly understand how getting their nose rubbed in the dirt by guys with “cheap-ass Chinese junk” would really bother them. We’re really sorry to humiliate guys like that.

Sorta.

What we wish is that we weren’t poor, so we could stand in the stirrups of our high horses and look down on our fellow shooters and scorn them at every opportunity for being poors.

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
Then why in the world are you in this thread?

Also, digging? You can literally google my Schmidt and bender broke and dozens of threads pop up.

You are the one who came over to my urinal and started giving unsolicited advice on why arken's are trash. Yet you don't own one. I own atacrs, NXS, and other "Alpha" tier optics. You like all the other weirdos who wondered in here are COMPLETELY missing the point.

I'll repeat myself since it seems you are a bit slow. Arken's are great optics for the money.
I know a lot of you guys like to pretend this is the range. But this is the internet. A lot of guys do a lot more bullshooting than actual shooting and start to forget the diffrence.

Beating the competetion.....🤣🤣🤣 this is getting as bad as all the "its pretty much a mk5 for 500 dollars."

Nope not missing the point saying outright. There are better scopes for 500 dollars and better companies to deal with and better countries to buy stuff from also.

Last edited:
I know a lot of you guys like to pretend this is the range. But this is the internet. A lot of guys do a lot more bullshooting than actual shooting and start to forget the diffrence.
What are you talking about?

Dial
900m impact
Throw Chinese optic
Mount
Dial
900m impact

Hey, this $450 Chinese optic is a great value.

That's all that was and still is being discussed.

I bought an epl4 in December. I was so impressed that I bought an sh4 gen 2 a few weeks ago. I was still amazed and so I placed an order this morning for an EP5.

I have scopes that I didn't know that I didn't like them until I looked through the Arkens. I really like the reticle.

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots

Dial
900m impact
Throw Chinese optic
Mount
Dial
900m impact

The retarded "test" was literally the worst part of this thread. Reading through, it seems as though there is alot being discussed. It's very CCP of you guys to think anyone not chanting the mantra needs silenced.

Arkan is not a great value its just cheap. There are plenty of other 500 dollar scopes that are just as good or better. And they are mostly going to unreliable chineseism also.

Beating the competetion.....🤣🤣🤣 this is getting as bad as all the "its pretty much a mk5 for 500 dollars."

Nope not missing the point saying outright. There are better scopes for 500 dollars and better companies to deal with and better countries to buy stuff from also.
Why are you replying to me yet quoting something I didn't say? Do you even know who it is you are replying to or are you just so filled with rage that people are discussing something you don't like that you just HAD to come in here and tell us why we are wrong?

Do Porsche guys go on the Miata forums and shit on them for their lap times not being as quick as theirs? There are a million other examples I could list but I'm sure they will all go over your head.

Go ahead and post a link to a major optics company that retails an optic with a Christmas tree reticle, zero stop, 34mm tube, mil turrets, which has glass that is actually clear enough to see impacts on steel at 1000m all for under $500 USD.

Also, Arken is not a Chinese company. Their products might be manufactured in china. But they are not a Chinese company.

The phone your typing this on is made in china, and it works every single day

Last edited:

Dial
900m impact
Throw Chinese optic
Mount
Dial
900m impact

Dial
900m impact
Throw Chinese optic
Mount
Dial
900m impact

I love it! A 2012 member still explaining to a 2014 member to keep it on track and stop derailing the thread! Yes! Gotta love the Hide.

I love it! A 2012 member still explaining to a 2014 member to keep it on track and stop derailing the thread! Yes! Gotta love the Hide.
:ROFLMAO: What can I say. I am bored and saw a bunch of notification's on this thread.

At this point I am wondering if Arken can buy advertising space on the back cover of the “Watchtower”?

You may be right about that but if I can get a year or two out of it or maybe more it will have served its purpose.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I've not had any issues with the Arken scopes so far.
But then again, I'm not an "operator", nor have I thrown my rifles down to see if they hold zero.
But so far they have held zero on my AR10's - which some other scope manufacturers products have not.
I was unaware that there are so many operators from Meal Team Six on this site. But it does appear that those of us who don’t run with the Gravy Seals may be the minority here. Will wait and see

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws and MadDuner
This is my exact point. There’s tons of these positive anecdotal experiences on this site.
But random internet strangers asking
“Where? By who?” Is like arguing with my wife. I don’t have time to comb through hundreds of posts to satisfy randos over a Chinese scope 🤣👍
Do your own fucking homework.
It’s kinda funny how many people talk trash about Chinese scopes. Like they wouldn’t even consider buying anything made in Chine meanwhile I am sure the phone or computer they are typing on is made in china and prob shoes and most of clothes they are wearing. But god forbid any gun stuff comes from china. It’s good enough for almost everything in there daily life at some point or another. But internet operators can’t have anything made in china

It’s kinda funny how many people talk trash about Chinese scopes. Like they wouldn’t even consider buying anything made in Chine meanwhile I am sure the phone or computer they are typing on is made in china and prob shoes and most of clothes they are wearing. But god forbid any gun stuff comes from china. It’s good enough for almost everything in there daily life at some point or another. But internet operators can’t have anything made in china

Literally the dumbest arguement ever that every retard with a safe full of Chinese trash brings up to make themselves feel better about buying trash from commies who fuck the world.

If something is available not from China when I’m buying any given item I’ll pay whatever I have to to not get it. I check labels on shoes and clothes and don’t buy anything that comes from that shit hole. There’s a lot of shit that I won’t buy because it has a Chinese label.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to convince yourself it’s ok to support the commies because you’re too fucking cheap to buy goods made elsewhere.

Reactions: FWoo45
Yeah, uh, trying to buy all american, not going to happen. I personally knew a guy who worked at a plant local to me. He gets parts made in China and parts made in Mexico for thermostatic controls. Final assembly is here in USA and he gets to put on a sticker that says "made in USA."

Finally, I get to give a black pill. The power is mine!

Hey bro, the only thing being discussed here is throwing a scope off a platform onto grass. 🤡🤣🤣

In later news I torture tested a couple scopes the other day. I gunned my engine leaving a couple stop signs and hit a pot hole on the way to the range. 🤣🤣🤣

Hey bro, the only thing being discussed here is throwing a scope off a platform onto grass. 🤡🤣🤣

In later news I torture tested a couple scopes the other day. I gunned my engine leaving a couple stop signs and hit a pot hole on the way to the range. 🤣🤣🤣

There’s an entire forum of people that truly believe that Leupold and Vortex scopes can’t handle riding around in a case in a vehicle without losing zero, so a pothole would indeed be a torture test if you’re retarded.

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
Yeah, I see you just joined. Might as well get used to it. It’s the same people, same bs for the few years I’ve been on here and I’m sure since the beginning. It’s just that chinesium scopes are actually a good value sometimes. I’m not promoting them to replace the tried and true that some folks keep accusing others of doing. But for average use, not necessarily competing and “operating” then may are just fine. Fuck chyna but I can’t live life never using a chinese product. I avoid it in many situations but anyone spewing that bs is full of shit if I came to their house and went their all their shit.

Reactions: gbaby125 and FuhQ

Take the optic that's on your primary precision rifle and throw it 25ft down a dirt/rock path, twice. It did not land in the grass.

We are all waiting for the video of this retarded test that doesn't mean anything.

Also, do you really think that when a foreigner buys an American made product that they automatically assume the DNC owns, funds, and produces the item? You know there are businesses in china that do not agree with the CCP nor do they get funding or give funding to the CCP?

This seems to be the latest craze in the shooting world. Take you rifle and scope and start throwing it on the ground. Who does this???
If you really want to test how tough your scope is, mount it on a 20 foot pound magnum spring air rifle and put 1000 rounds through it. If it doesn't fall apart, you got a good scope.
Rant over!!!

Reactions: FuhQ
Bring back the tannerite tests!!!
Some of the responses in this thread make me want to go out and buy a couple of Arken scopes just because.

Last edited:
You know there are businesses in china that do not agree with the CCP nor do they get funding or give funding to the CCP?

Who are these liberty minded anti-CCP Chinese businesses that you speak of? And how do they operate in China and avoid paying taxes?

Reactions: FWoo45
Maybe we can get back to what this has to do with being a tried a true design void of any revolutionary changes over its life cycle, as the post I quoted was referring to.

This seems to be the latest craze in the shooting world. Take you rifle and scope and start throwing it on the ground. Who does this???
If you really want to test how tough your scope is, mount it on a 20 foot pound magnum spring air rifle and put 1000 rounds through it. If it doesn't fall apart, you got a good scope.
Rant over!!!
I think that craze started with the Sig 320 guys throwing their pistols down stairs to see if they shot the cat or not....

Who are these liberty minded anti-CCP Chinese businesses that you speak of? And how do they operate in China and avoid paying taxes?
I did word that poorly. The taxes do go to the CCP no way around that what I am saying is the CCP does not own or operate 60% of the businesses in china.

Yes a percentage of funds that a business receives will go to the government for taxes.

This shit has just gotten so far out of control because what is really going on here is a bunch of Chinese product owning people are saying that Arken's are shit because they are made in a Chinese factory.

Then it turn from well there are better options for the price that are not produced in china, yet no one has shown these products.

I am all for the fuck CCP and communism and all that but man. We are talking about a SMALL optics company and a $450 scope.

I don't see these anti Chinese people up at Apple and Samsung rallying the masses to stop the billions of dollars that are going to the CCP for the phone we are all addicted to.

It's an extremely contradictive and ignorant stance being unsolicited in a thread on the internet which does not appeal to them.

Once again why in the world are they in this thread?

Last time I looked eurooptic had some xtr2 demos or something for 500. I feel like it's a no brainer if someone is wanting to get into shooting comps for cheap. Nobody wants a scope to ruin the experience of a competion that costs as much as an arkan to shoot.
They’re brand new and sealed units, not demos. I was surprised at that price. My XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR MIL (the one that’s on sale at EO) was better than my Arken EP5 and my Strike Eagle 5-25x56… So they both got shit-canned, and I bought 2 more XTR-II’s.

I’ll take Philippines build w/ mid-range Japanese glass for the same price as China build w/ bottom-wrung Japanese glass (or Chinese for the Strike Eagle) any day of the week. It’s a no-brainer. All the mechanics of the XTR-II are much smoother and nicer, too. Also, no spring-back in the turrets.

How long was the XTR3 out before the XTR3i came out and replaced it?

Still the same scope. Been out about 4 1/2 years now and just came off their best sales year in 2023.

It was the plan all along to release an illuminated model. They were talking about it from day one. Anyone following along would remember they kept pushing back the release date. They just didn't have the bandwidth to do it in Greeley. They finally gave up on producing the numbers needed stateside.

They just discontinued the XTRII after an 11 year run.

Arken started making scopes in 2019. They like any other company - will not start at the top of the heap and know everything there is to know about building and selling their product. I don’t care what company you want to name - but if they haven’t improved their product in 5 years they are out of business. They build and market a mid-grade scope that out performs more expensive long established companies’ offerings. Leaving their product alone is called “stagnation”. You cannot grow a company via stagnation. Their scopes are a good value for the price paid.

That's kinda true, and it's not. I'm sure it's very hard to grab market share these days. But the point of my post you address is that the right product that's selling and/or functioning well doesn't require constant upgrading. Maybe it's not functioning and they need new iterations to overcome design flaws. Maybe new designs are for marketing buzz. I don't sit in their meetings, so I recognize it could also be all of the above.

But good successful designs get a pretty long life.

The Burris Fullfield is over 50 years old, it's currently the Fullfield IV. The XTR II for 11 years, the XTRIII is on 4.5. The Gen II Razor ran for almost a decade. The NF NXS longer than that. The ATACR is 6 or 7 years on the market now. Kahles I Series pushing a decade. And bunches more. The MK5, the PMII, etc

Great designs have great longevity. Poor designs, not so much..

They’re brand new and sealed units, not demos. I was surprised at that price. My XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR MIL (the one that’s on sale at EO) was better than my Arken EP5 and my Strike Eagle 5-25x56… So they both got shit-canned, and I bought 2 more XTR-II’s.

I’ll take Philippines build w/ mid-range Japanese glass for the same price as China build w/ bottom-wrung Japanese glass (or Chinese for the Strike Eagle) any day of the week. It’s a no-brainer. All the mechanics of the XTR-II are much smoother and nicer, too. Also, no spring-back in the turrets.
Then that is an excellent option!

Scope testing is a thing. Done for some military scopes.

For a civillian-context, fairly consistent standard - and outcomes - see https://rokslide.com/forums/forums/rifle-scope-field-evaluations.133/

Scope testing is absolutely a thing for every manufacturer. But the conditions are better than dropping them on their head or chucking them down range.

There is machinery designed to torture test optics owned by, I would think, every manufacturer. They can break any scope with it. These "field evals" are unnecessary for the optic.

Here's the equipment at the Burris facility in Colorado. These two machines can wreck a scope.

Scope testing is absolutely a thing for every manufacturer. But the conditions are better than dropping them on their head or chucking them down range.

There is machinery designed to torture test optics owned by, I would think, every manufacturer. They can break any scope with it. These "field evals" are unnecessary for the optic.

Here's the equipment at the Burris facility in Colorado. These two machines can wreck a scope.

I thought the first pick was from battle bots initially 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
I thought the first pick was from battle bots initially 🤣🤣🤣
It does kinda look like that 😉

That's a crazy little machine. It spins, wobbles back and forth with hard jerks, or vibrates back and forth real fast.

If it were a carnival ride, everyone would throw up 🤣

I bought a used PMII. I think I was using the second rotation indicator wrong. Anyway I shipped it to Schmidt and Jerry put it on a machine that basically recreates recoil of a 50 cal for hundreds of rounds and then tests it giving it”a good bill of health” so to speak. Also, Ilya told me the 5-25 PMII was and still is one of the best optical designs ever made, so there’s that.

No-one's talking about 'chucking them downrange'.

If field evals are not necessary, it's interesting how many scopes fail ...

Any chance of a video of the Burris machine so we can see what it's actually testing?

Well, my two Arken EP4's have been great. Dial and return to zero when asked, and killed piles of hogs and whitetail does. I like 'em alot.

Literally the dumbest arguement ever that every retard with a safe full of Chinese trash brings up to make themselves feel better about buying trash from commies who fuck the world.

If something is available not from China when I’m buying any given item I’ll pay whatever I have to to not get it. I check labels on shoes and clothes and don’t buy anything that comes from that shit hole. There’s a lot of shit that I won’t buy because it has a Chinese label.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to convince yourself it’s ok to support the commies because you’re too fucking cheap to buy goods made elsewhere.
I am glad you feel my argument is dumb. What kind of cell phone do you have. I hope it’s a liberty phone cause she. You went to buy a cell phone that is a option it made in the USA

I get it. I would prefer
If more things were made in this country but I don’t feel I need to be Captain America and bust someone’s balls for buying something from china that fits there budget. It never surprises me how many people who are probably really nice in real life turn into keyboard tough guys as soon as they get on an Internet forum. Most of us are here
For the same reason. We like shooting and want to protect our 2nd amendment rights. Perhaps one of the reasons the country is heading in the direction that it is is because we can seem to get along with the people who basically believe the same things. Too busy bitching over
Petty stuff trying to make a point in Internet forums. I am sure that this post will draw more trolls out of there moms basement but luckily I have thick skin and realize that most things said on here would not be said to people face to face.
So by all means let here what an asshole I am.

I bought a used PMII. I think I was using the second rotation indicator wrong. Anyway I shipped it to Schmidt and Jerry put it on a machine that basically recreates recoil of a 50 cal for hundreds of rounds and then tests it giving it”a good bill of health” so to speak. Also, Ilya told me the 5-25 PMII was and still is one of the best optical designs ever made, so there’s that.
Someone here actually tied a pmii to the back of his jeep and drug it down a gravel road and it held zero.

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
We like shooting and want to protect our 2nd amendment rights. Perhaps one of the reasons the country is heading in the direction that it is is because we can seem to get along with the people who basically believe the same things. Too busy bitching over
Petty stuff trying to make a point in Internet forums.
It's the nature of the beast to always be contentious about something.

As technology and processes develop, the cost of items goes down. This has always happened. The flat screen TV you can now buy at Walmart used to cost thousands when it first came out.

It is also possible to get good and usable optics that are not thousands of dollars.

For some, it is political and some people assume they can buy products that have no chinese parts to them. And that others are "too cheap" to buy the right stuff. Here's how you sell stuff that is made here in the USA. Price it to what the market will bear. I could use the same logic and say that if you are going to drive a car, then it needs to be a Lamborghini Countache. Otherwise, you're being "too cheap." That gets into the mindset that this is only for people with disposable income who can drop 4G on a scope. Or more than one scope. So, no one is "allowed" to buy lower priced optics until they can afford to do that which means that the family guy on a budget is priced out of any of it.

However, the people I know who hunt and shoot regularly really don't care about all this gucci purse swinging. For example, one of my bosses is a lifelong hunter and was taught well how to shoot at any distance. So, he took his Windham Weaponry AR-15 (approx $1,500 at the time) and a middle of the road and not most expensive optic and popped a balloon outside, in the wind, at 850 yards. It's the shooter, not the gear, so much. And the Windham Weaponry pieces are all affordable. I have one that costed about 1500. And one of their AR-10s that was around 1900.

And to counter the cheapest, it can be said that if you can save and afford a better optic, then do that. Instead of buying several cheapies.

Some of this guff is just hatred. The Cyclops said that between the Arken and the Vortex Venom, the Venom had noticable chromatic aberration and the Arken did not. I have seen other reviews where it was exactly opposite. That Arken had CA more noticable. In fact, one reviewer stated that he would no longer have Arken optics on his stuff primarily because of that.

TLDR, from personal experience, buy what you can afford that works well for you at the price you can afford and then, here is the hardest part, STFU. Because if it is a day that ends in the letter 'y', there will be someone to come along and dump a huge, steaming pile of feces on your choice.

Then, again, there was another thread where it was a free-for-all fecal fray to complain about all scopes, even the costlier ones. Why did that thread happen? IIRC, the day in question ended in the letter 'y'.