• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So now it's 100 posts to sell? Sigh

Re: So now it's 100 posts to sell? Sigh

It has probably been said lots of times previously but I really don't have a whole lot to contribute. I log on to learn. Wish I could sell a few things here and there without having to pad my thread count.

Ive been a member of the site for about a year now. I can see the OP's point, as Im here mainly to learn aswell. But also totally agree with the new 100 post count. I too havent posted all that much as have only limited experiance in certian areas, but give input when I can. Ive seen alot of threads full of BTT, +1, I agree, blah blah blah (was actually thinking of starting a thread to find out what all those mean lol). Ive also seen alot of people/newbies that do make comments, some not well educated ones and get slammed for it. Hence, if I dont have anything constructive or of value to say, I keep it to myself, usually. I work offshore (sandbox) and dont have much to do on my down time, so spend alot of it on this site reading and learning. This site is a HUGE asset to the shooting community, industry, the sport and myself. Being able to view an item in the FS section and directly find info and feedback from Hide members on it is fantastic. Best of all... Its free. Lets do what we can to try keep it that way and if having a 100 post count helps weed out the free loaders, Im in.

I really appreciate the time and effort that LL and the crew put into the site. So any rules they come up with that make their job easier, again, Im in.
If ya dont like the rules, go play in some else's sandbox (pun intended). haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">I sent this to Frank a while back to thank him... I just think everyone needs to keep in mind what a gift the for sale section is to the membership.</span>

Frank,

I just wanted to thank you for SnipersHide and all that it does.
Thank you for giving the Firearm, Optics, Equipment, Etc. For Sale section to the members for free. If it was a $50.00 fee instead of 100+ post to buy and sell here it would be well worth it, and so I thank you for letting us trade here at no charge. Being able to buy stuff at $100s to $1000s of dollars off of what it would cost new, and being able to sell stuff for $100s to $1000s more than we'd get locally or at a pawn shop is a real blessing to the members and the sport.

I'm sure I'm being VERY conservative but if $12000 a day worth of gear/rifles/scopes, etc. is sold and traded between members then that is easily over 4 million dollars annually that is being exchanged. Any other site with that much money changing hands would have there hand in the kitty, so thanks again for letting us have this service for free.

I'm only saying this because I wanted to share with you that the membership does realize this and appreciates it.

Thanks again,
Adam
</div></div>

Well said Lucks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepin_Lawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has probably been said lots of times previously but I really don't have a whole lot to contribute. I log on to learn. Wish I could sell a few things here and there without having to pad my thread count.
</div></div>

JL - #1 - I'm sure that most of us think that we have very little to contribute but others do receive knowledge from our posts. Even if you offer an incorrect statement, the hide members will jump in and discuss it till they get it right (making points and counter-points), so, even though you may feel like you have nothing valuable to say, just say what you think (within reason) and see where it goes.

#2 - Doesn't hurt to wish.

I used to go to gunbroker alot but they are so overwhelmed by retail sellers that it makes it hard to get through and find something from a private party. If I wanted to buy something from a gun store I would go to their establishment or to their website, so kudos to the hide for keeping the hundreds of retail sellers at bay by having a 100 post requirement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New member here, read all the forum rules, knew what to expect and signed up.
I will live by your rules. </div></div>

Knew the kind of folks and how things are run that brought me on board.

Im not calling anyone out....but damn are there alot of new guys posting on this thread.....

Ive been around since the beginning of this community in 2001....unfortunately I decided like some of you to keep my mouth shut and just read so it took me nearly 5 years to register.....I could have learned alot more if I had just registered and asked questions....cause ya cant tell me that you dont have questions about the things you read here.....

Simple thing is....just because you dont have anything to add to a thread or to a question doesnt mean you cant get a decent post count.....if YOU DONT KNOW MUCH well then hell I dont know of a better reason to start threads asking questions....YES use the search option first....which I know isnt the greatest but it DOES work....I for one have never gone off on someone for asking a question unless the answer is literally only a few Threads south of their own. (And BTW....someone did make a "Sniper's Hide Search Engine" using Google if you dont like the one provided, search for it you will find it) In Fact here ya go:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

Save it as a bookmark....thats what I did...

Ive been around long enough to know that Frank is annoyed as hell by the "Oh thank you God of Gods Frank for this site" and "How about you try this idea with YOUR site Frank"....He knows we all love his site and would be nearly lost without it and he knows how the Forum program works and if there was an easy way to fix all the issues caused by a select few he would.....This is the fix available and what he is using....

And Remember....its threads like this that get him even more stirred up and consider closing the for sale sections.....Im a parent and this seriously screams to me that Frank is telling you to partake of all on your plate before you eat the desert....if you dont eat the food that you are sitting down together to eat first place (Information) you shouldnt be allowed to have Desert (For sale Section)....I think its sad that he has to sit here and do this....he shouldnt have to .....

There are those that this applies to and those that dont....if it does well you know who you are....and those that it doesnt apply to just disregard please....

Now go read....intake info...spurt questions....and answer a few if you can...if its only answering with a tag to another thread hey then that is still helping out.

Ok...Ill shut up now before I get thumped on haha.....

Sorry, but I have the "OVER 100". Not posted anything for sale. "HERE" to enjoy and learn. If one would like to post for sale items, why not BARF.com? Don't have any plans to "USE" this site for my personal gains. Orders go down, bitching goes up. Just my .02 Hope this clears shit up.