• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so pissed off

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques
We were moving away for a temporary assignment I had, and packing a trailer to leave the next morning. Everything was packed in the trailer except 2 rifles in a drag bag that I wanted to keep in the house. My wife told my son to put the guns outside and I didn't know it, and went to bed. Next morning the bag is gone, two Sakos plus scopes. Reported it to the police and now I am sick.

Re: so pissed off

Sorry for your loss. Gotta drum it into everybody that firearms are "special cargo" and have to be constantly eyes-on, fingers-on, or under lock and key. Can I assume you reported serial numbers, and is Montana FTF transfer on long guns or FFL-only?

Thought maybe it was loaded in the trailer but no. They are insured but 2500 max on guns with a 500 deductible. So I'll get 2k plus my wife feels guilty so whatever that is worth...guess I'll get one nice .260 for hunting. Any suggestions?

Nah, now she knows you got $2K, this is why guys always look for straight trades without cash kickers. Good luck with it!

That sucks ass man. So what is the total value of everything that you are missing that will hopefully turn up?

Probably about 4K with scopes and bipods etc. I doubt I'll ever see them again. If I get a decent precision/hunting rifle out of the insurance I'll call it good, it could have been worse. Alot of good people have worse problems to deal with.

Not to say I wouldn't love to catch the bastard.

My wife knows to never touch the gear without asking me first. She also knows not to let or ask my son to move it either. Her standard response is, "You better ask your dad what he wants you to do with that." I am rather paranoid about not leaving firearms out, so I doubt that I would have gone to bed without first confirming where the firearms were last left.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. I am guilty of not always putting some of my toys in the safe especially now that they don't all fit. Guess I better buy another/bigger safe before something happens.