• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing so, the neighbor lady was crying......

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
about her lost cat that was seen around my house... I set a live trap baited with tuna and the storms are moving in. lets see if I have soaked rat....I mean cat pics in the morning....

Re: so, the neighbor lady was crying......

Who doesn't enjoy the piss out of that right???

So are you going to ask her to trade pussy for pussy if you catch it?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm caged wet pussy
grin.gif

no dice. we'll see.

My cat took off last week, can you come to IL and find it? I will provide corn for your effort.

It's a good thing it wasn't "last seen" around my place, because chances are that would be the last place it WOULD be seen...All cats outside of their owners property are feral, IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a good thing it wasn't "last seen" around my place, because chances are that would be the last place it WOULD be seen...All cats outside of their owners property are feral, IMHO. </div></div>

I don't understand this attitude. Do you just enjoy killing things or is there a reason behind it? I'm not being critical or judging, I just want to know why you'd take this view.

I'm not a PETA loon or a tree-hugger, I hunt, I fish etc.

My property... your cat.... Do Not Mix. Your cat stays on your side, all good.

My side.... not so much.

CKA, did you offer to help her find.... her kitty?

CKA - had a little experience with a neighbor lady like that once that did not like the fact that I warned them and then live trapped their cat in my kids sand box.

I would catch them and turn them over to animal control who would contact the owners of those that were tagged and inform them that for $100 dollars they could come pick it up at the shelter. Laffin...some of them did just that and others just let their cats be put to sleep or be adopted by others.

Never caught the same cat twice but one of the neighbor ladies was real mad at me for catching their cat...never once blamed herself for letting the thing run loose...so I pointed that out to her just to help her understand who's responsibility it really was.

Good luck trapping!!!

Hey CKA... Is she offering a reward... If so I think I may have found it for her...

Let me know soon as the kitties time is limited... The clock is ticking...

Her kitties fate is in your hands...
grin.gif

031.jpg

You would draw back a nub if you tried to pet that kitty!
Reminds me of that eye glasses commercial where the lady
is calling her kitty and the coon comes in the house.

Event Horizon, to answer your question, no I don't "get-off" on killing things. Cats however, do...Some posters from Australia could probably fill you in on that better than I. However, living in rural Missouri and dealing with cats that have been dumped, then killing my chickens, song birds, game birds, rabbits, etc. indiscrimately, does leave one feeling somewhat justified when my Mini-14 fufills its purpose. As for the neighbors cats. Keep them put up. They are predators at heart and kill wantonly..plus the tom cats piss in my lean-to and shit in my sand pile, to boot. So, IMHO, the killings (predator control) are justified. And to paraphrase the Gov. of the Great State of Texas, "I make mulch out of 'em"

Where is 858 when we need him?

Cats are serious threats to people. Case in point:

ok7tck.jpg

Patriotoutlaw, I understand that cats are prolific predators, it's their nature and how evolution has molded them. I don't hold their nature against them, but I also understand that they can be a nuisance.

Whilst I agree that people should be responsible for their pets I don't get the cavalier attitude of some in shooting them if they should venture on property.

There have been stories of late concerning people killing other people's pets (the woman who beat to death the kids bunny, some asshole who shot a dog because it was pissing on his lawn). I just wanted to know the thinking behind those types of actions as it just seems extreme to me.

Perhaps a live trap would suffice to catch the cats that cause you bother?

In any case, thanks for the answer.

cats are a big problem over here thay are dead if i have anything to do with it
and its safe to shoot them

I dont however have a problem with peopel haveing them as pets...as long as thay control them

use to no a bloke that had a pumpgun just for cat......till the Au gov desided we are dont need them.....this country has gone to shit

shoot one with my old 270 once that was interesing
.Dave

Nice work JLM, we enjoy the birds here in FL so the felines gotta go.

it all comes down to plain fact, if you have animals as pets(cats or dogs)be a responsible owner, and keep control of them.Had a problem with a woman that was a renter 2 houses up from me, had 6 or 7 cats she thought were suppose to come and go as pleased, well i spend alot of money in flowers and plants that give me and my wife enjoyment, i started to notice they were dying or being dug up, i had no idea the cause till on a weekend i go to work in my garden and notice shit everywhere, well i notice the cats climbing the fence coming and going, comfroted her and of course she says there not mine. So i said fine but i am warning you now , that i am setting a trap and will get rid of the cats when i catch them.Two months and one police visit later the women , cats(they did not leave with her), and catshit are gone, now my flowers are looking beautiful again. Pet owners be responsible and take care of your animals and their will be one less problem in the world.

'Bout 40 years ago Grandpa had a driveway with real fine gravel.
Neighbor ladys cats would come over and make piles in it.
After he got fed up with them, he started whacking them in the head with a shovel and tossing them in the road.
"Poor kitty got hit by a car"
She burried them.

It seems that there's always going to be an element of people in any endeavor, be it hunting, cars, or just living amongst other people who have an underdeveloped sense of what's appropriate and what's just being a gruff-minded idiot.

The use of weapons should come with it a sense of higher mindedness, it should be the assumption of a serious responsibility by those who understand it, meet it and live to those standards.

The killing of animals, whilst part of Nature, should be done so with a minimum level of respect and acknowledgement that life is hard fought for and rarely given up casually. Certainly making a joke of it is the action of an under-evolved person.

Knowingly killing someone's pets because they messed your driveway or your flower bed is basically a symptom of something far more serious that probably is best dealt with the attention of a psychiatrist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems that there's always going to be an element of people in any endeavor, be it hunting, cars, or just living amongst other people who have an underdeveloped sense of what's appropriate and what's just being a gruff-minded idiot.

The use of weapons should come with it a sense of higher mindedness, it should be the assumption of a serious responsibility by those who understand it, meet it and live to those standards.

The killing of animals, whilst part of Nature, should be done so with a minimum level of respect and acknowledgement that life is hard fought for and rarely given up casually. Certainly making a joke of it is the action of an under-evolved person.

Knowingly killing someone's pets because they messed your driveway or your flower bed is basically a symptom of something far more serious that probably is best dealt with the attention of a psychiatrist.
</div></div>

You can keep that in Kalifornia. If people control their pets, there is no problem. If they let them run free, with no care to what they do to the property of others, and the law/animal control is of no help, there is not much other option.

I've got a neighbor who lets their dogs run free. Now mine is not tied and has been spotted off my property 1-2 times in 3 years, both times I took responsibility, got a shock collar then an invisible fence. These people take no corrective action, animal control won't write tickets even when they come out and spot the dogs running the neighborhood. Last year these dogs tried to attack my 2-yr-old daughter and then came back a month later and bloodied up my dog on my own back porch. These trash just call me a liar and continue to let them run free. I now carry a 41Mag at all times when I'm out on my property, if those dogs come anywhere close to my kids again they will be pushing up daisies.

I'll tolerate a stray or two on my 10 acres... Helps with the snakes, mice, moles, etc... They get to damaging the garden or spraying the vehicles, stalking the bird feeders, using the gardens as a litter box, well.... got to do what ya got to do.... I even tolerate 3 indoor cats who now live nervously with my new English Bulldog puppy.... The Alpha pet hierarchy has tipped rather quickly! Has been interesting to watch!

"should be done so with a minimum level of respect"
Pretty much what has been said and done.
The birds eat off the feeders, the cats eat the birds, and the Yotes kinda keep the cats in check.
Would rather them have cats and kittens than turkey chicks for dinner.

Invisible fence and shock collars are fairly new compared to the cycle of life that has existed for how long?

'Scuse me, I have a tree that needs a hug.

I am sure this is a problem the world over. I think it is about imposing on people. I do not do so and will not have it done to me. A person with dogs or cats running is imposing on their neighbors. Peroid. Various groups who hunt with dogs are instutionalizing the practice. Like many things this will never be solved by talking, some will always just disagree. How rude is to to say " my cat has the right to shit in your kids playground" or "piss on your front door"? They will always want to discuss it with you as long as you want, while the abuse continues. I cannot tell you how many times that I have heard the "my dog can't read" or " we moved to the country so our dogs could run" I do not even discuss these things with owners. You make your decisions, I make mine. I do find that most people are very tolerant of their impositions on others.

I love my animals. I have dogs, cats, and sugar gliders that I care for. We have one barn cat that came with the house that we take care of, and she roams our property and the neighbor's hay field. We've put about $600 in the last 8 months toward fencing of various kinds (including the latest - invisible) to keep our dogs on our property. BTW, that is <span style="font-style: italic">very</span> effective.

If I see a neighbor's dog or cat on my property, it's not a big deal to me. It is a big deal if said dog or cat decides to be aggressive toward one of my animals. We had a problem 2 winters ago with 2 big labs that chased our barn cat under the deck, where thankfully they couldn't reach her. I don't know who the dogs belonged to (no collars), and still don't, but the next time I saw them sniffing through our yard they got a double rubber ball shot from a 12 gauge to the hindquarters. That was their warning, and it was enough.

If you can't control your animals, you shouldn't have them. You're driving along a neighborhood, at the speed limit, and a kid runs out from between 2 parked cars and directly under your car before you can react. It's now your fault for killing a child that the parents weren't watching. Right? It's perfectly fine for toddlers to run loose because people are expected to know where they are at all times, regardless of whether they're playing in traffic or not. Dogs have the reasoning capabilities of a 2 year old. Cats, I don't know if they're smarter and don't care, or if they're stupider and don't know better. Either way, it's the owners' responsibility to know where they are so they don't get hurt - intentionally by someone else or unintentionally.

My dogs have collars and they're friendly. If they ever got loose, I would expect someone to get the info from their tags and call me. There'd be hell to pay if someone shot one of my dogs for being in their field, on account of them managing to break out of the yard. If the dogs for some reason were endangering said landowner's livestock, pets, family, or person and they were shot, then I would have no grounds to be upset because that's the way it is.

Killing something for being on your property = barbaric. Killing something to defend your family, property, or self = common sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a good thing it wasn't "last seen" around my place, because chances are that would be the last place it WOULD be seen...All cats outside of their owners property are feral, IMHO. </div></div>

copy that, all they do is terrorize the wildlife. Popped one sitting on top of my martin box one time. Nothing like kitty bits raining down from 25 feet. 223s tend to do that
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my animals. I have dogs, cats, and sugar gliders that I care for. We have one barn cat that came with the house that we take care of, and she roams our property and the neighbor's hay field. We've put about $600 in the last 8 months toward fencing of various kinds (including the latest - invisible) to keep our dogs on our property. BTW, that is <span style="font-style: italic">very</span> effective.

If I see a neighbor's dog or cat on my property, it's not a big deal to me. It is a big deal if said dog or cat decides to be aggressive toward one of my animals. We had a problem 2 winters ago with 2 big labs that chased our barn cat under the deck, where thankfully they couldn't reach her. I don't know who the dogs belonged to (no collars), and still don't, but the next time I saw them sniffing through our yard they got a double rubber ball shot from a 12 gauge to the hindquarters. That was their warning, and it was enough.

If you can't control your animals, you shouldn't have them. You're driving along a neighborhood, at the speed limit, and a kid runs out from between 2 parked cars and directly under your car before you can react. It's now your fault for killing a child that the parents weren't watching. Right? It's perfectly fine for toddlers to run loose because people are expected to know where they are at all times, regardless of whether they're playing in traffic or not. Dogs have the reasoning capabilities of a 2 year old. Cats, I don't know if they're smarter and don't care, or if they're stupider and don't know better. Either way, it's the owners' responsibility to know where they are so they don't get hurt - intentionally by someone else or unintentionally.

My dogs have collars and they're friendly. If they ever got loose, I would expect someone to get the info from their tags and call me. There'd be hell to pay if someone shot one of my dogs for being in their field, on account of them managing to break out of the yard. If the dogs for some reason were endangering said landowner's livestock, pets, family, or person and they were shot, then I would have no grounds to be upset because that's the way it is.

Killing something for being on your property = barbaric. Killing something to defend your family, property, or self = common sense. </div></div>

Well said my friend!

s6

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

One cannot deny the evidence that backs EventHorizon's statement. Like it or not EventHorizon is right on more than one level.

I'll tell you what our local animal control people do with unleashed animals.

They notify the owner, who picks them up, and they wind right back out on the street.

If the owner doesn't care enough to keep them on their own property, they are apparently not too concerned about their fate, and I personally don't have a lot of sympathy for them, or patience with them.

Trespassers, whether two-legged or four, are taking risks. Sometimes it winds up badly for them.

I think there is a bluring of the line with those vague statements about phychiatrist, evidence shows, etc. There is a big difference in killing a nusicence animal and those who torture etc. The same people who do not think it is ok to shoot their cat, will be mad as hell if a cow comes in thier yard every day and craps on their doorstep. ( remember cows are born to free range and can't be toilet trained.) It is just natural like cats killing birds and scent marking your front door, crapping in the sandbox etc. Bottom line is properly care for your pets and livestock. Do not impose on your neighbors. Disipline yourself and your pets, so others don't need to.

Here is my take, if your neighbor's cat/dog/teenager comes onto your property and is non-agressive, then notify the neighbor and give them the curtesy of explaining why you will not tolerate their animal/teen being on your property (i.e. it craps in my yard, eats my birds, makes my livestock nervous, steals or vandalizes my property. . .whatever), and let them know that the next time the animal/teen comes onto your property that you will have to call animal control/police - if the animal/teen comes back, then by all means, call animal control/police and press charges (I would use a little good judgement here, if it was a year before the animal/teen returned then simply pay another visit to the neighbor since the first visit was pretty much successful), after the first visit from the authorities, I would then pay a second visit to the neighbor and take them a copy of JLM's photo from above and indicate that you really hope for the animal's sake that this matter can remain civil (Careful - you can't threaten people with physical harm). If the animal comes again, then do what you need to do in as humane a manner as possible. Note: It is a felony in most states to poision any domesticated animal, intentionally or not, so don't go that route. As for the teen, I would think that the first visit from the police would have solved the problem, if not, there are all kinds of legal recourse that you can take to make the little SOB's life miserable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr06</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a good thing it wasn't "last seen" around my place, because chances are that would be the last place it WOULD be seen...All cats outside of their owners property are feral, IMHO. </div></div>

copy that, all they do is terrorize the wildlife. Popped one sitting on top of my martin box one time. Nothing like kitty bits raining down from 25 feet. 223s tend to do that
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Like I said - under-developed and not a little loony. It's a shame that firearms attract such low-funcitoning people. It's makes it all the easier for the anti-gunners to point to us as a bunch of loons with mental health issues.

"nothing like kitty bits raining down from 25 feet". I found this ironic in how well this statement proves my point. I can't help it, but I look upon people like this as undiagnosed retarded and having no business being armed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"nothing like kitty bits raining down from 25 feet". I found this ironic in how well this statement proves my point. I can't help it, but I look upon people like this as undiagnosed retarded and having no business being armed. </div></div>

Lived in Kali long?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"nothing like kitty bits raining down from 25 feet". I found this ironic in how well this statement proves my point. I can't help it, but I look upon people like this as undiagnosed retarded and having no business being armed. </div></div>

Lived in Kali long? </div></div>

Please don't be so simple minded.

Well, I think it's a tossup as to who is loonier - people who delight in killing domestic animals, or people who offer psychiatric/psychological diagnoses based upon postings on the Internet.

Back to the pratical side of things, and only dealing with animals, not humans.
If you go to the owners and something happens to the animal for the rest of it's life, you are the guilty party. All animals running at large come to a bad end and you will be blamed. I have tried being the nice guy for a while and got the same shit.

"Well, I don't think he leaves the yard, but I will watch him a bit closer."
"We moved to the country so our dogs could run." ( owns 5 acres)
"I have a right to coon hunt where ever I want, because my dog cannot read and I need to be with him."
"I have my pit bulls for guard dogs, so they need to be free to come on your property to protect mine."

I do not have the time or inclination to even ask now. If you love them, keep them home. I am not talking about a dog in my yard, I am talking about packs of dogs killing livestock and wildlife.
It just comes down to not imposing and not being imposed on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I think it's a tossup as to who is loonier - people who delight in killing domestic animals, or people who offer psychiatric/psychological diagnoses based upon postings on the Internet.
</div></div>

I'll take that as fair. But getting off on a rain of body parts as compared to saying it's crazy to get off on a rain of body parts are not even in the same neighborhood of loony.

In any case, I've said what I have to on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I think it's a tossup as to who is loonier - people who delight in killing domestic animals, or people who offer psychiatric/psychological diagnoses based upon postings on the Internet.
</div></div>

I'll take that as fair. But getting off on a rain of body parts as compared to saying it's crazy to get off on a rain of body parts are not even in the same neighborhood of loony.

In any case, I've said what I have to on this.</div></div>

I'm with EventHorizon on this. Maybe it is a California thing, but I think it's a stain on gun owners/hunters for people to treat killing any animal as a joke or cause for mirth. I hunt and kill animals for food on a regular basis. I have no problem with someone killing a dog or cat that has become a nuisance if there are no other more humane alternatives available. But a person who takes a life without due respect for what has been done is a damn fool.

I never said I enjoyed it. And you can't argue that a 75 grain TAP is inhumane. I did shoot a cat with a 22 one time and it ran off that made me a little bit sad becuase I want to kill things dead right there on the spot. I have also shot them with buckshot and seen them run off. I know I hit it there where guts there but them little buggers are resilient. The raining kitty bits whs whats called dramatic effect. Surely someone should have picked up on that. In all reality there where 2 pieces of cat there. front half and back... er ok tail. The point is that cats are not really native. they have no natural predators (other than me) and they can destroy all kinds of wild life. (I myself love martins becuase they eat the crap out of mosquitoes.) After all how many deer hunters shoot any dog they see (nasty wild ones or good lookin pets.) just becuase it will "ruin the deer hunting." Animals will get loose there is no exception to it. But getting a dog or cat to live outside (and not in a cage or fenced in yard) is just silly in my book. And if your going to say I'm bad for killing wild cats and dogs your just as bad if not worse then me for letting your cats loose to destroy the native critters.

P.S. Aren't they having a problem with pythons down in florida? Something about people letting these "pets" go into the wild. With no natural predators its a bad deal.

I rest my case, good day to you all.

Our local Fish & Game guy has told us many times to kill any domestic animals that are chasing/killing the local wildlife. Mostly meaning dogs chasing moose or caribou calves which they do on a regular basis (just for fun of course!)
If he sees your dog after a calf, it's a dead dog. I see no problem extending the same courtesy to a cat killing birds on your property, or shitting in the wife's herb garden. I speak from experience there. Does anyone like basil and tarragon with a side of cat shit? Not I!

guys the humane thing to do is catch the cat in a live trap.

Then release it with a bell around its neck.

That way you can hear the jingle when the coyotes start chasing it.