• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So who doesn't own an AR?

Re: So who doesn't own an AR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC7980</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had 2 but they sank in a horrible accident. We were fishing in the Gulf of Mexico and the boat sank. Those gulf groupers are a beast when you get them in the boat. You have to shoot them to kill them and the captain missed, put a hole in the boat and all our guns went down with the boat. </div></div>

Are you serious!!! All I hear is Bill Engvall saying, "Here's your sign!"

I got my first AR last year in the Tactics Snipershide group buy. They are an awesome gun to have and shoot. I like mine a lot, and wish I would have gotten one sooner. I think everyone should have a 223 AR. </div></div>

If someone comes looking for them, then that is what happened
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC7980</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If someone comes looking for them, then that is what happened
wink.gif
</div></div>

Nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I had 2 but they sank in a horrible accident. We were fishing in the Gulf of Mexico and the boat sank. Those gulf groupers are a beast when you get them in the boat. You have to shoot them to kill them and the captain missed, put a hole in the boat and all our guns went down with the boat.</div></div>

000202BD.gif

I don't own an AR, but if/when I do, it'll probably be an AR-10.

Ive had 5 now over the last 10 or so years but never a very good one.

Bushy M4gery
Bushy Vmatch Commando
Palmetto PRE Pre ban
Colt Match Target HBAR
and a CMMG bargain bin special

All were traded for 1911's of some sort

I think I want a Noveske with VIS-3 or LMT MRP Rifle length uppers and 14.5 bbls pinned F/H. I like the look and I think if I had a really nice ar I would hang on to it for a little longer.

Maybe

As far as AR's goes, just my decked-out KAC SR15 Match and a basic A2 put together with an LRB lower & a Colt HBAR A2 ban-compliant upper. The A2 is nothing special but is lots of fun for practicing open site shooting. I think I like to shoot it more than my Knight's.

I have all but given the A2 to my son. Figured it's a good rig for him to get going and grow with.

I would like to have more AR's but right now there are bolt gun projects consuming money and priority. Damn it, need more money..... oh wait, have lots of checks! Never mind I'm good to go now.

I once owned 4 AR's. Each had there own purpose. But now I'm down to 2. I've got a 6.8 SPC STAG, and I've got a custom built AR for competition purposes. Ammo is going up and instead of wasting ammo and money for close range work I've decided to switch to using a ruger 10/22 with red dot scope on it. You can still do close quarter drills with it. The only disadvantage is, manipulation of the controls.

Long guns consist of a bolt action .22 and my R700 30-06. Home defense I have pistols. Eventually a 12ga. for the home. A few years ago I looked at investing in an AR. Never jumped on it, now too much $$$$. When the prices come down, an AK or Mini 30. It would be a good, well layered arsenal. Pistol and shotty for up close, and the AK/Mini good for about 300yds, and the 06 for as far as it can reach.
Plus the aftermarket for the AK is up there, you can have the same options as an AR, and its reliable as all hell.

But I love my bolt guns.

gotta say ar's are okay, but not really impressive to me anymore. still own a couple for teaching my boys more than anything else really. seems most my inventory is not because its best anything but more like it approximates for training that which is most likely to be brought into service against myself or the boys in any foreseeable emergent scenario. thusly we train FAL MIA AR15 M9 1911 moss590 WASR10 for familiarization and shoot various "bolts" for hunting. guess lookin at this list there oughtta be a glock in there but...just seemed worth mentioning here for some reason.

Again, tools in the tool box
laugh.gif
Even though I have 3 AR's, I also have a Robarm XCR, a DSA SA58C(FAL), and a PS90, each having their own place in the tool box. Not to break out the tinfoil hat but by having multiples, if a SHTF scenario did ever break out, I like having tha abiliy to put hardware in a few other hands if need be.

Shane

I phkn luv my ARs..and my bolt guns and my handguns and my scatter guns. What I really need is another set of arms and hands.

Over the past 30 years I have owned and enjoyed many different AR rifles,
but I sold off my last one this spring and have no plans to buy another.

For the unexpected "bump in the night" I reach my G21 or HK/Benelli M1S90.
If the situation worsens I'll grab my AKM or MK14.

Personal preference. There are many folks shooting 'precision ARs' that don't necessarily frequent these forums. Take that as you will.

Right now I just couldn't truly justify one. Not that I couldn't come up with a reason, just not one that is compelling.

Great rifle, don't own one.

I admit I'm a bolt gun guy....but I do have a Colt H Bar. Probably the rifle I'd grab if someone was trying to do harm to my family. I'd also have my HK P7 M13 in the waist band of my boxers!