• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes so, why don't all the scope manufacturers have throw levers like NF

Switchview/throw levers are great for competition buts that's a very small minority of scope users. Casual shooters, hunters, certain target shooting disaplines etc, many don't want it in the way. Most scopes these days have some version of an elevated tab on the magnification ring anyway that gives users a little extra purchase to help with magnification changes. That's my take on it anyway.

Many manufacturers may be reluctant to include this feature, especially on less robust models, fearing damage to the scope's internal assemblies caused by the extra leverage. This would, in turn, create more warranty claims, unless the scope was redesigned for increased durability, which would drive the cost up. However, I agree that the top tier models should give you the option, and given time they probably will. This is not a new idea. I have seen several scope models from the sixties and seventies that included this feature.

I wouldn't want an integral lever. I break them all the time. I would much rather buy a new throw lever than risk damage to my entire scope.

Fursniper pretty much covered it. It's an option not all want and it's easy enough to pop on a Switchview if you do.

I would think from manufacturing standpoint this is a pretty inexpensive option to add I have wondered the same thing myself and we are not talking about hunting scopes here folks, most people buying a Razor Gen2, ATACR, S&B PM II or the likes are not going hunting with it and would prefer some sort of PTL as a factory option.

One major problem with the factory putting one on and the end user adding one is placement for use. What if the factory thinks one spot is good on the power ring but when the end user mounts it he finds out that where he wants to be on the power ring that his bolt hits it when he cycles the bolt or his hand does or it hits his receiver? Then what? With a person mounting their own then they are able to place it where they want it for their use whether they be left or right handed or wherever they want to be on the power ring for most of their shooting. Just a better way to go at it then the factory doing a generic placement.

For everyone making arguments against the NF factory switchview. It is optional, you don't have to use it.
It does not get in the way if you don't install it.

I love it on some of my NF scopes, I don't use it on others.

For everyone making arguments against the NF factory switchview. It is optional, you don't have to use it.
It does not get in the way if you don't install it.

I love it on some of my NF scopes, I don't use it on others.

I was not making an argument against the Nightforce but against the OPs thought that it should be on more scopes. There are reasons they aren't just like the reason the NF version is optional. If you need it then there are ways to put on on any scope by the end user. It doesn't have to be a factory option.

I have a throw lever on both my Nightforce NXS and Vortex Razor HD 2. IMHO the levers make adjusting magnification easy allowing to focus on my target.

Attachments

• photo58779.jpg
    photo58779.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19