• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Socially UNacceptable Humor

Screenshot_20200224-175320_theCHIVE.jpg

How many internet forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's lightbulb or light bulb ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is lamp
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that light bulb is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add Me too
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say didn't we go through this already a short time ago?
13 to say do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
1 mod to lock it down after it goes off-track for the nth time...
12 more to get into an argument about the difference between 'lumens' and 'watts'. Then there's the whole 'Kelvin' spectrum discussion. :D

How many thread-starters does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one (1).

To stand there and hold the bulb, whilst he waits for the world to rotate around him.

12 more to get into an argument about the difference between 'lumens' and 'watts'. Then there's the whole 'Kelvin' spectrum discussion. :D

Just one (1).

To stand there and hold the bulb, whilst he waits for the world to rotate around him.
You sayin’ that PPB’s back ? :unsure: :eek:

@1J04 - My new manager started today.

I sent that to her right after I saw it. She laughed her butt off.
And told me to not crop dust her office..... no idea where she got the idea I might do that?

We are old friends, church, shoot, and drink whiskey together.
Her husband is one of my buddies too.

So, she knows of all my orneriness.....

You couldn't have gotten any luckier then for a new Manager!!!! Rock on Brother!! ;)

Just one (1).

Reminds me:

How many engineers to twist in a light bulb?

1 to hold the bulb, 43000 to spin the building!

I never understood that though, cause the guy standing would be turning too, unless he is floating in a vacuum sealed ball by the light socket. I would think the spinning of the air around the vacuum ball would cause the vacuum ball itself to spin too. Then some one would have to count the threads on the bulb, because you would want the building to be back to the original spot. However, if you don't get the bulb in far enough, the contact at the bottom of the socket wouldn't touch. Let's not even get into the other utilities, columns, deep footings, etc. Then there is recompacting the soil properly, etc, etc, etc. Who supports the bottom side, where does one grab? Beside who puts bulbs in now.....everyone uses LED and they are supposed to last 50,000 hours. This joke was clearly not thought out....AT ALL!

Reminds me:

How many engineers to twist in a light bulb?

1 to hold the bulb, 43000 to spin the building!

I never understood that though, cause the guy standing would be turning too, unless he is floating in a vacuum sealed ball by the light socket. I would think the spinning of the air around the vacuum ball would cause the vacuum ball itself to spin too. Then some one would have to count the threads on the bulb, because you would want the building to be back to the original spot. However, if you don't get the bulb in far enough, the contact at the bottom of the socket wouldn't touch. Let's not even get into the other utilities, columns, deep footings, etc. Then there is recompacting the soil properly, etc, etc, etc. Who supports the bottom side, where does one grab? Beside who puts bulbs in now.....everyone uses LED and they are supposed to last 50,000 hours. This joke was clearly not thought out....AT ALL!
Section 21-2800 of the project manual states the foundation is to remain in place during lightbulb replacement. Means and methods are up to the contractor, but a submittal and mock-up is required.

So, this polish dude meets a woman at the bar. They talk and dance, dance and talk, into the wee hours of the morning. Woman feels things are going great and says to the guy, " would you like to come back to my place"? The guy says yes. Woman says " I have to be upfront with you, I'm on my menstrual cycle", guy says " no problem, I'm on my moped, I'll follow you".

Two police officers responding to a domestic disturbance with shots fired arrive on scene.

After discovering the wife had shot her husband for walking across her freshly mopped floor, they call their sergeant on his cell phone. "Hello, Sarge" "Yes" "It looks like we have a homicide here".
"What happened?"
"A woman has shot her husband for stepping on the floor she had just mopped".
"Have you placed her under arrest?"
"No sir. The floor is still wet"

My friend just phoned and asked me if I could loan her $500 to help her pay her rent. And you know me always willing to help my friends and family out. I told her "Give me a minute let me check my account and I'll phone u right back".

Before I could check my account, my friend's mum phones and says "Don't give her any money because she's lying". Mum proceeds to tell me that she wants to use that $500 to get her boyfriend out of jail because she wants to be under the same roof with him for her birthday!!

So, I thought about it for a minute and decided to go ahead and give her the $500 because we all need help at times.

So I phoned her back and said "Yea, I can help you" and met her and gave her an envelope of cash.

A couple hours later, I got a call from the County Jail, I say "Hello?" and she starts screaming and asking "Why did you give me counterfeit money?!"

I replied "So you and your boyfriend would be under the same roof for your birthday!!"