• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Socially UNacceptable Humor

I worked with a guy who's new off the showroom floor soft tail had less horsepower than my 20 year old riding mower. It was about as fast as the mower until it got to a hill and the mower could pull away with ease. After a weekend cruise over the mountains he came home discouraged. Same story, his BMW buddy was riding in comfort and style at speed and he was getting his nuts shaken loose to go 63 mph.

It took a trip to a Harley tuner and another wad of cash to make it anything but a loud, vibrating turd. The Harley dealer could have cared less.
^ why I just smile and ignore Harley guys when they joke about how quiet my Rocket III Roadster is.
1656251010694.jpeg

1656251031182.jpeg

Photos not mine, but similar.
2,300cc, 146 horsepower, 163 ft/lb torque, 800lbs dry weight; 0-60 in 3.3 seconds from factory stock, and a very smooth ride thanks to the inline-3. Plenty comfortable for day or short weekend trips.
I’ve added a Power Commander and TRE to mine to free up some restricted power from the factory CPU settings. Triumph had to neuter the motor to keep newbies from killing themselves, and I always revert the TRE to stock whenever someone asks to ride it for the first time. If I didn’t, no one would expect such a huge bike to be able to pull the front wheel off the ground without clutching…

^ why I just smile and ignore Harley guys when they joke about how quiet my Rocket III Roadster is.
View attachment 7899603
View attachment 7899605
Photos not mine, but similar.
2,300cc, 146 horsepower, 163 ft/lb torque, 800lbs dry weight; 0-60 in 3.3 seconds from factory stock, and a very smooth ride thanks to the inline-3. Plenty comfortable for day or short weekend trips.
I’ve added a Power Commander and TRE to mine to free up some restricted power from the factory CPU settings. Triumph had to neuter the motor to keep newbies from killing themselves, and I always revert the TRE to stock whenever someone asks to ride it for the first time. If I didn’t, no one would expect such a huge bike to be able to pull the front wheel off the ground without clutching…
Roadster should be more than 146hp stock.

Mine is around 170 or so with some tweaks and minor mods.

Roadster should be more than 146hp stock.

Mine is around 170 or so with some tweaks and minor mods.
Those are the factory numbers listed by Triumph, but I wouldn’t doubt it’s conservative. Mines a 2011, so it was also early in the model production. I’ve never actually dyno’d mine. Maybe they removed some of the power restrictions in the CPU in later model years?

I went through it and flowed the heads plus doing a bunch more performance mods with new cam, carb, pipes, etc. I was the fastest 82 cub. inch EVO in town, dyno'd right at 100 hp. on a 100 degree day but damn, you talk about one hard banging, rude sounding bitch.

With straight Vance and Hines straight drag pipes, it would set off car alarms just riding down the street and my right ear has permanent hearing loss and tinnitus.

The hard vibration was a real panty dropper though. :p
dfa10f0ab3f9a5e04cc02673a5cdc671.jpg

Every time I hear a bunch of Harley riders and their loud ass obnoxious bikes I think of this South Park episode. It's funny to see them all get their riding leathers on, it's like biker wannabe cosplay.

I also don't understand the need to blip the throttle every few seconds when they are idling or at a stop light. Is it just so their piece of shit won't die?

View attachment 7899815

Every time I hear a bunch of Harley riders and their loud ass obnoxious bikes I think of this South Park episode. It's funny to see them all get their riding leathers on, it's like biker wannabe cosplay.

I also don't understand the need to blip the throttle every few seconds when they are idling or at a stop light. Is it just so their piece of shit won't die?
Tell your mother to roll your window down for you and ask them.

• Haha
Reactions: jrassy and Two36
Let me guess, you bought a bike and all the cosplay gear after watching Sons of Anarchy.
You guessed wrong, I sold my bike long before SOA. Or maybe it was already airing but I never realized it. Whats cosplay?

Cosplay: The practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game.
Then no, no cosplay here.

Leather is worn for protection. If you go down, leather helps protect you from road rash whereas anything that is nylon or plastic will melt into your skin and they will literally have to fillet it off of you in the ER. Hopefully helmets don't have to be explained.

Last edited:
Then no, no cosplay here.

Leather is worn for protection. If you go down, leather helps protect you from road rash whereas anything thing that is nylon or plastic will melt into your skin and they will literally have to fillet it off of you in the ER. Hopefully helmets don't have to be explained.

If your leather gimp gear isn't cosplay, then you're doing it wrong! 🙄

During the waves of famines and constant shortages in the Stalin and Brezhnev eras, the Soviet Union had a HUGE explosion of the number of cannibals and serial killers who ate, processed, and sold their victims at 'meat' stalls. A lot of people thought that American serial killers were bad... They were NOTHING compared to the shit that went on east of the Iron Curtain. After the fall of the USSR, many of them were still being prosecuted in the new post-commie courts. One dude reportedly killed over 200 people, many of them kids and spouses of neighborhood Party leaders, and sold their flesh as livestock meat.

I worked with a guy who's new off the showroom floor soft tail had less horsepower than my 20 year old riding mower. It was about as fast as the mower until it got to a hill and the mower could pull away with ease. After a weekend cruise over the mountains he came home discouraged. Same story, his BMW buddy was riding in comfort and style at speed and he was getting his nuts shaken loose to go 63 mph.

It took a trip to a Harley tuner and another wad of cash to make it anything but a loud, vibrating turd. The Harley dealer could have cared less.
My Harley always had torque and was fast. The performance mods turned it into a monster. I had to lace the rear wheel with genuine Harley spokes made in the U.S.A. because when I would launch from a stop it would break cheaper Chinese steel spokes.
At 80, it seemed to get even torquier and would break the rear wheel loose when I throttled it.

But it was a hard vibrating bike that left your hands and feet numb on long rides and back the bolts and screws out of everything on it including the screws in my Ray-Bans.

During the waves of famines and constant shortages in the Stalin and Brezhnev eras, the Soviet Union had a HUGE explosion of the number of cannibals and serial killers who ate, processed, and sold their victims at 'meat' stalls. A lot of people thought that American serial killers were bad... They were NOTHING compared to the shit that went on east of the Iron Curtain. After the fall of the USSR, many of them were still being prosecuted in the new post-commie courts. One dude reportedly killed over 200 people, many of them kids and spouses of neighborhood Party leaders, and sold their flesh as livestock meat.
The Soviet "Sausage Trains" were legendary. Loaded up with people carrying sausages in from rural black markets or barter markets. Train cars smelled of sausage all the time. Lots of that sausage was not heifer or porker.

Sirhr