• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Socially UNacceptable Humor

CpQMUiIy0htZ.jpeg

L

20 or so years ago my dad was part of some employee response team at his job. One of their training exercises involved prepping a landing area for a life flight helicopter. They worked in conjunction with the local FD as part of the training. There were all kinds of rules concerning how you moved around the chopper... because if someone got into the tail rotor, the craft was no longer considered airworthy until it could be inspected and deemed worthy of returning to service. I'm pretty sure that comes down from the FAA.

So any incident could potentially cost 2 lives... One being the person who got chopped up... The other being the person whom the helicopter was called for... 'cause that chopper was going nowhere.

I don't know how "substantial" the object has to be before the grounding rule applies... Like if a plastic grocery bag or similar makes contact... But I know for certain a human being getting "schwacked" is sufficient to cause the craft to be grounded.

Thats the policy here in the US. I can't speak to other country's policies.

Mike

Moving around running helicopters is simple.
Do not approach from the front or rear.
Go directly to/from the door. Not at a 20° angle, not 45°, not even 10°. You go straight to the door and straight away from it until you are fully clear of the rotors. Also, don't look up at them because it can cause vertigo in some people.

$100 says that the snooty fuck was briefed but either didn't hear it because he was busy on tic tock, or he thought the rules didn't apply to him.

BTW, the story as written is contradictory as hell.
Did he get out and back into the rotor, or did he go back outside and then do it?

Typical shit journalism.

I couldn't waste any more time reading it so I just stopped.

Throw a bottle of bleach into the fan, duh

L

20 or so years ago my dad was part of some employee response team at his job. One of their training exercises involved prepping a landing area for a life flight helicopter. They worked in conjunction with the local FD as part of the training. There were all kinds of rules concerning how you moved around the chopper... because if someone got into the tail rotor, the craft was no longer considered airworthy until it could be inspected and deemed worthy of returning to service. I'm pretty sure that comes down from the FAA.

So any incident could potentially cost 2 lives... One being the person who got chopped up... The other being the person whom the helicopter was called for... 'cause that chopper was going nowhere.

I don't know how "substantial" the object has to be before the grounding rule applies... Like if a plastic grocery bag or similar makes contact... But I know for certain a human being getting "schwacked" is sufficient to cause the craft to be grounded.

Thats the policy here in the US. I can't speak to other country's policies.

Mike
Any blade strike is reason to ground
Can we just fucking melt these people down and use them for cooking lard?
Seems to me you have a food privilege there.

1659550194159.jpeg

who ever picked this what ever it is to run the country it's a honorably mean joke and not funny despite all the gaffs it has created it's pathetic .

Now, in normal world, this would just be funny.

But in my world, I just got back from the hospital. I had some kind of weird seizure type thing. Went to the emergency room. They did a CT of my head and found a 2.5 cm mass in my brain. Probably cancer but who knows at this point.

I get back home and this was literally what was on my screen when I turned my computer back on. Pigs fucking. Fucking pigs fucking. I'm taking this as a good omen. Life is weird sometimes.

But in my world, I just got back from the hospital. I had some kind of weird seizure type thing. Went to the emergency room. They did a CT of my head and found a 2.5 cm mass in my brain. Probably cancer but who knows at this point.

I get back home and this was literally what was on my screen when I turned my computer back on. Pigs fucking. Fucking pigs fucking. I'm taking this as a good omen. Life is weird sometimes.
Very sorry to hear this. But if you're going to get a sign as weird as that, remember the wisdom of Hunter S. Thompson - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Be well, Sir.

Last edited:

Dangit!!
Prayers for you.

And for sure get some humpin.
Just not a pig…… 🤣

Yah, me too.

MRI just found a 2.0 cm growth in there, after I passed out a few weeks ago.

Neat.

Best I can tell you guys is just enjoy the now legal smack and ride it out.
Yea, they will prescribe some decent opiates hoping to emotionally appease you.
Have a care about how you give them to yourself and stockpile the fuck out of them.
Never know when they may come in handy.

*something I read in a book, that one time.

Reactions: W54/XM-388