Socks for cowboy boots

Hagen

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
Indiana
If those don't work out for you give Duluth socks a try. Wear them everyday with slip on boots and never have a problem. They may be their compression socks can't remember.

Aries256

Liberals can go fuck themselves.
Minuteman
  • Sep 26, 2019
    The Ariat wool socks seem to work fine for my slightly too large steel toe cowboy boots, my shark and ray skin boots any type of sock seems to work without slippage.

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
    Minuteman
    Sep 25, 2010
    Idaho
    FB_IMG_1616760577752.jpg

Ran my Anderson lower over with my jeep. Still works. Just as good!

On a serious note I have some Darn Tough socks that are great for staying up. Most of my more expensive socks stay up well. Its the cheap ass socks that slip down.

Reactions: sjmpcc022

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
    Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    I run stairs all day in the oilfeild wearing steel toes. I get the black dickies work socks from walmart. They stay put but are a little thicker so are kinda warm sometimes

redhooker

Minuteman
    Jun 15, 2012
    Northeast FL
    I have several brands of boot socks. Embarrassed to say the best ones (for me) are the Wranglers. They are a quite a bit taller than my Darn Toughs and I like them over the swell of my calf muscle. I often carry a pistol in my boot and I like the fabric high. Never slide down. $16 per 3 pack. The merino wool of the DTs would likely be a better choice in cold climates though.

Animal357

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    I have several brands of boot socks. Embarrassed to say the best ones (for me) are the Wranglers. They are a quite a bit taller than my Darn Toughs and I like them over the swell of my calf muscle. I often carry a pistol in my boot and I like the fabric high. Never slide down. $16 per 3 pack. The merino wool of the DTs would likely be a better choice in cold climates though.
    Have a link to the wrangler socks? or a name?

One of these links the right ones?
    Men's Dry Wick Western Mid Calf Boot Sock (Pack of 3)
    Men's Western Boot Socks (Pack of 3)

Last edited:

VA-Varminter

Bad Advice Given Authoritatively
    Minuteman
    Oct 23, 2006
    Morocco
    How about phrasing your question in proper form with real words so we know what you are drooling about?
    Sure.
    Just for you.
    What the fuck are you doing quoting my post about a bear and boar fight from another thread in a totally unrelated thread about cowboy boots and socks?
    I mean it's OK. It's just kind of like going to McDonald's and ordering a double whopper.

Animal357

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    Ah, now I understand. Apparently a double quote was posted instead of a single quote. See? All you had to do was explain it in English!

Gooderest language alway helps when trying to express yourself in a manner in which others can understand.

FYI, I corrected my error and removed the offending quote.

If my error really bothered you that much, you really need to wipe the sand out of your vagina.

Gommer

Certified PITA
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jul 4, 2019
    Roger's, AR
    As others have said, probably a boot problem. I have a metric fuckton of screws and shit in my feet so my boots are all 1/2 size too big, thus I deal with socks sliding and pulling around.

These I don’t have that issue with and they’re cheap:

Lazlo

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    Upstate SC
    These answer the mail for me: