• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soda Can At 250 Yards

Re: Soda Can At 250 Yards

Ya know Steve that those short guns won't shoot that well? Had to be 3 lucky hits
smile.gif

Nice shooting, will have to try some of that ammo. I cut out a steel 3/8" plate that is same size as a pop can but have to get a day and try different ammo on it. Hard to get those pop cans to sit still with a breeze but the sand idea sounds pretty good.

Been a good thread and think it opened the eyes of a lot of 22 shooters as to how far these lil buggers will shoot quite accurately.

Topstrap

I agree Top. Wind was a couple mph this morning, but darned if it still didn't work. The can was sitting on the little ledge to my left 50 yds. back further.

200 yard line sitting on the plate--

IMG_1241.jpg

New here, first post, hello. I think that covers it....

I have been shooting my CZ 455 at longer ranges for a little while. I have been able to get 10 out of 10 hits on my 3.5" gong at 285 yards with CCI Standard on a calm day. I set the front of the gun on my rolled up shirt. The target looks awfully small even at 24x!

Welcome IC,

That is some mighty fine shooting. 10 for 10 on 3.5" at 285 yards off a "shirt" front rest is outstanding.

Hope you will look into the Long Range 100-300 yd competitions here on the rimfire forum and decide to jump in. Would like to see you post some scores and targets here.

Aquabot

I grew up shooting 22's, Smallbore, silhouettes, and for fun.

Taken many a 200 yard shot and a few 400 yard shots at the Cushman range in Fairbanks (The blue 55 gal drum at the 400 yard line).

Good shootin'! I've never measured accuracy, only that it can be done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome IC,

That is some mighty fine shooting. 10 for 10 on 3.5" at 285 yards off a "shirt" front rest is outstanding.

Hope you will look into the Long Range 100-300 yd competitions here on the rimfire forum and decide to jump in. Would like to see you post some scores and targets here.

Aquabot </div></div>

I saved the 200 and 300 yard targets yesterday.
smile.gif

I am unsure if I will find the time to shoot a whole target, as I only get a few minutes as of late since I work so much. The only days off are because of bad weather. I am looking forward to shooting up a target. I like the open minds here.

I took a break from the 308 this weekend and thought I'd see what I could do with my Savage. The closest target we had was a little tombstone plate that was 18 or 24 inches tall at 400 yards, so I thought what the heck, I'll see if I could hit it. Shooting SK Plus subsonics, I could see the hit way low and kept twisting the turret until it wouldn't go any further and started holding over. I had the target pretty much touching the tube but I hit it. If I had a more precise way to aim I would have had a better hit rate but got 11 hits with a box of 50. Much bigger than a soda can but for me, I'm quite happy since I didn't think I'd ever hit a 400 yard target with a .22LR. Amazing little bullet!

I've never tried 400 yards with a .22 (our local Range stops at 300), but I bet it is a challenge for sure.

If it's not to windy I'm thinking of hanging out some metal tomorrow at 300 yards (9"x11") and see what I can do on that. Even with my 20 MOA EGW Base I'm sure I'll be using the lower Mil-Dot's on my scope to reach it with the Eley Sport (40 grn - 1085 fps) ammo. Should be fun.
smile.gif

PFI 22 Long Rifle Rapid Reticle--

3-9x22LongRifleRapidReticle.jpg

I've never been real crazy about using subtension in a ballistic reticle for an intuitive downrange zeroing system, since i rarely use conventional rigs/bullets/velocities, but this one's worked now for 3 different loads i know of so far with my little Ruger Charger.