• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft Case inside Pelican 1750

NiteQwill

Best to jump high, and far!
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2012
Uncle Sam's Bottom
Other than the Armageddon Gear M2010, does anyone know if a quality soft case that will fit inside a 1750, as well?

Prefer that it is full size to accommodate a rifle with 26" barrel.

May pull the trigger for a M2010 but they're currently out of stock - gives me a chance to decide.

Ty

Reactions: sipple94
Do you happen to have a picture?

How is the padding?

Thanks

I don't happen to have a picture as I switched to a smaller sized case once I got my quick change barrel setup. The padding is fine as you will leave the top foam in and pull out the middle foam. If I'm flying I just pad any loose areas with towels/clothes.

Now I just travel with the smaller case, then assemble rifle and carry it slung to the matches / coletac guardian. And run a backpack.

I don't happen to have a picture as I switched to a smaller sized case once I got my quick change barrel setup. The padding is fine as you will leave the top foam in and pull out the middle foam. If I'm flying I just pad any loose areas with towels/clothes.

Now I just travel with the smaller case, then assemble rifle and carry it slung to the matches / coletac guardian. And run a backpack.
Thanks. I'll look into it. Trying to switch up the foam situation in my 1750. I fly with my rifle a lot and it's difficult to close the case with a tripod inside (and always watching TSA tear the entire case apart, including the foam, is beyond frustrating). Decided I may go soft case, tripod, hard case setup.

Thank you

Thanks. I'll look into it. Trying to switch up the foam situation in my 1750. I fly with my rifle a lot and it's difficult to close the case with a tripod inside (and always watching TSA tear the entire case apart, including the foam, is beyond frustrating). Decided I may go soft case, tripod, hard case setup.

Thank you

You can fit your tripod and rifle into your 1750? Did you basically cut out all the foam where the tripod sits? Never thought it could fit in there.

My current travel setup (and I've already flown 22000 miles this month alone) is a Pelican 1610, 1510, and 1750. My gear inside the 1610, personal stuff inside 1510, rifle/tripod inside a 1750.

Ive got an explorer case thats just a few inches bigger than that. it came with a soft case they make that would likely fit yours perfectly.
little light duty for my intentions.
honestly Im about to buy a tacops drag bag and see if I can fit it in there. the dimensions say it should fit. just dont know if theres too much height with the big pockets and than the rifle inside. gonna suck if I cant close the lid.

Don't need another case. I have over 20+ pelican cases between personal and professional work so I'm married to the system. Just looking at options for bags.

Tacops is little too thick in my personal experience.
Ive got an explorer case thats just a few inches bigger than that. it came with a soft case they make that would likely fit yours perfectly.
little light duty for my intentions.
honestly Im about to buy a tacops drag bag and see if I can fit it in there. the dimensions say it should fit. just dont know if theres too much height with the big pockets and than the rifle inside. gonna suck if I cant close the lid.

Don't need another case. I have over 20+ pelican cases between personal and professional work so I'm married to the system. Just looking at options for bags.

The nice thing about Amazon is that there's free returns, so doesn't hurt to try out that Voodoo bag. It's well made and I've been using it now for 2 years, no complaints.

I sent the link because of the soft case inside it so you could see how it fits. they sell it seperately. could be exactly what youre looking for if it fits the needs.
theres the link for the soft case.

I have one at home and can’t remember the name to save my life. I’ll snap a pic and get the name when I get home. I did the exact same thing your talking about. Ditched the foam and replaced it with a soft case. Fits perfectly end to end and kept TSA from rat F¥€king my gear!!!

Reactions: NiteQwill
Shit guys I totally forgot. The case is made by CERT. fits perfectly in my 1750. The best part is it’s configuration is changeable to whatever set up you like. I go from an AXMC to a AR pistol with my side piece depending on the class. With the MC I have enough room to bring the can and extra barrels in the case. It gets heavy but it keeps TSA from screwing with me!! I lock both the pelican and the CERT when I fly just for good measure

Reactions: deersniper
Ok so better late than never!!!!!! Sorry Guys, ya know life blah blah blah............
here are those pic's I promised of the Cert Case. By far the best soft/hard combo out there for the 1750.
The best thing about the case is its versatility. You want to bring the long guns, you move some straps around and your good. I use it with a JP LRP-07, a APO Snipershide rifle, and my AXMC. You want to go short and bring the sbr's out no problem move some straps and in ya go. I've moved a couple Ar pistols in it at a time, Ak's and even shotguns. Hell I've packed several handguns in it each with two straps all no problem. You get where your going pull the soft from the hard and just move what you need.

IMG_1106[1].JPG
IMG_1106[1].JPG

So this is with an AXMC fit with the 6.5 Creed barrel. I'm 6"4" so the but is extended quite aways out but it still fits, as you can see just barley. I pack a couple bags down at the wheel end for added barrel protection as you'll see down below.

IMG_1107[1].JPG

This pic has the 338 barrel for scale. When I'm traveling with the rifle in 338 I take the barrel off and put it in a barrel bag in this part of the case. You can also see some of the mag holders I use. Pretty much any molle gear can be fit into this case so the possibilities endless.
IMG_1109[1].JPG

This is how I fly, except the cert is locked as well, none of that reach in and touch shit to worry about, they tried in philly!!!
IMG_1110[1].JPG
Just to show it closes up nicely!!!!

P.s I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way but good gear is good gear and this is great!!!

Ok so better late than never!!!!!! Sorry Guys, ya know life blah blah blah............
here are those pic's I promised of the Cert Case. By far the best soft/hard combo out there for the 1750.
The best thing about the case is its versatility. You want to bring the long guns, you move some straps around and your good. I use it with a JP LRP-07, a APO Snipershide rifle, and my AXMC. You want to go short and bring the sbr's out no problem move some straps and in ya go. I've moved a couple Ar pistols in it at a time, Ak's and even shotguns. Hell I've packed several handguns in it each with two straps all no problem. You get where your going pull the soft from the hard and just move what you need.

View attachment 7538902View attachment 7538902
So this is with an AXMC fit with the 6.5 Creed barrel. I'm 6"4" so the but is extended quite aways out but it still fits, as you can see just barley. I pack a couple bags down at the wheel end for added barrel protection as you'll see down below.

View attachment 7538904
This pic has the 338 barrel for scale. When I'm traveling with the rifle in 338 I take the barrel off and put it in a barrel bag in this part of the case. You can also see some of the mag holders I use. Pretty much any molle gear can be fit into this case so the possibilities endless.
View attachment 7538905
This is how I fly, except the cert is locked as well, none of that reach in and touch shit to worry about, they tried in philly!!!
View attachment 7538906Just to show it closes up nicely!!!!

P.s I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way but good gear is good gear and this is great!!!
Do you have a model for that CERT case? A link preferably?

I can fit my eberlestock sniper sled bag in my 1750. It’s a bit tight but there’s no play or shuffling in the hard case.

Since my last post... I recently switched my case to a Nanuk 995. Still running the M2010. Certainly like my Nanuk better than my Pelicans.
What is better about nanuk? Outside of case is smooth surface, looks nice.

Both the SERT and Armageddon Gear cases look real nice. Does anyone who owns one or both of them have any feedback on them?

If it matters my intended use would be for travel with a hunting rifle and maybe a backup (both folding chassis). Maybe for PRS further down the road...

Both the SERT and Armageddon Gear cases look real nice. Does anyone who owns one or both of them have any feedback on them?

If it matters my intended use would be for travel with a hunting rifle and maybe a backup (both folding chassis). Maybe for PRS further down the road...
I have the AG case. It's excellent in every way. I returned my SERT case, not even close with quality.

I have traveled via plane to 5+ matches with it. It's perfect.

Reactions: Franko
Tac ops dragbag in a 1750. Fits a bit tight so it does not move around. This is the 53" one. The medium one leaves room for other gear.

Attachments

• 20210826_200806.jpg
    20210826_200806.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 20210826_201417.jpg
    20210826_201417.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 235