• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision SOK's TigIR Z6+ Initial Review + Video

MRF will happen - not sure how far along it is.

In terms of integration, what do you mean? It’s a cable that tethers the devices together. It’s at minimum a HUD.
Ability for disturbed reticle or does it display the ballistic solution? guess I’m asking more of what dies linking the two give you?

I’m willing to believe that earlier products had some issue which they later corrected, or that there was some variation in the product and I got a “better” one. But on my Tig if I magnify too much, I can see the pixels pretty well, they aren’t a blurry mess.

I’m willing to believe that earlier products had some issue which they later corrected, or that there was some variation in the product and I got a “better” one. But on my Tig if I magnify too much, I can see the pixels pretty well, they aren’t a blurry mess.
I've heard this before as well. I had the first batch, and it hurt ma little hurt looking through it.

The unit I had (no longer do) was as you describe. It wasn't blurry. My buddy picked up a later unit and while I wouldn't classify it as blurry I could tell it was not as crisp..

I'd like to see their new Pumir unit. I like it for its size and I'm sure it will be a "skeet" type unit, but will fall short..

Reactions: rlsmith1
I'll throw my $.02 on the Tigir 6z+. I will state that i have very little experience with thermals let alone clip on thermals, so take this as a dumb yokal that don't know nuthing. Ive had my TigIr for a few weeks, and have shot 10+ deer with it (i have nuisance deere tags from my conservation department) ranging from 140-300 yards, I need to practice with it at further distance before im comfortable taking longer shots. So far I am happy with it. I had a pulsar themion 2 XP50 before and the TigIr is much better system. The pulsar had some weird accuracy issues with it, if i stretched past 150 yards then it could hit anything. I ended up testing it on paper and with day scope the rifle can shoot .5mao consitantly, with thermal at 100 yards it was 1moa and at 200 yards close to 10ish moa. Ultimately i had no confidence with the pulsar. So i switched to the TigIr, based on the review of this thread i thought it would fit the bill, without costing too much. Yes i would love to have a Voodoo or a UTC X II but i can barley justify what i spent on the Tig let alone double. So yes the image quality may not be as good or it doen't have manual focus but it is better than the RH50 or other like clip ons, and it is working for me.

Here is my rig 18in 6mm Creedmoor, zermatt origin action, KRG brovo chassis, Nightforce NX8 2.5-20, TigIr, and Wilcox MRF (also a new purchase from SOK). Please excuse the background.
20230809_095606.jpg

Last edited:
I'll throw my $.02 on the Tigir 6z+. I will state that i have very little experience with thermals let alone clip on thermals, so take this as a dumb yokal that don't know nuthing. Ive had my TigIr for a few weeks, and have shot 10+ deer with it (i have nuisance deere tags from my conservation department) ranging from 140-300 yards, I need to practice with it at further distance before im comfortable taking longer shots. So far I am happy with it. I had a pular themion 2 XP50 before and the TigIr is much better system. The pular had some weird accuracy issues with it, if i stretched past 150 yards then it could hit anything. I ended up testing it on paper and with day scope the rifle can shoot .5mao consitantly, with thermal at 100 yards it was 1moa and at 200 yards clost to 10ish moa. Ultimately i had no confidence with the pular. So i switched to the TigIr, based on the review of this thread i thought it would fit the bill, without costing too much. Yes i would love to have a Voodoo or a UTC X II but i can barley justify what i spent on the Tig let alone double. So yes the image quality may not be as good or it doen't have manual focus but it is better than the RH50 or other like clip ons, and it is working for me.

Here is my rig 18in 6mm Creedmoor, zermatt origin action, KRG brovo chassis, Nightforce NX8 2.5-20, TigIr, and Wilcox MRF (also a new purchase from SOK). Please excuse the background. View attachment 8205287

Thank you for your business and feedback,

it's right in line with my train of thought as well.

The TigIR is still amazingly small with a boatload of awesome features, so long as you understand it's limitations (as with any product for that matter).

Reactions: Travis224
What would my experience be like with a 4-16 ATACR (staying within 4x-6x optical) on the Tig z6 unit? Is 4x going to be too high of a base magnification and cut out parts of the frame and menu items?

What would my experience be like with a 4-16 ATACR (staying within 4x-6x optical) on the Tig z6 unit? Is 4x going to be too high of a base magnification and cut out parts of the frame and menu items?
Pretty lack luster. The image on the tig starts to get blurry around like 2x optical and just degrades further from that point. I'd stay away from the unit completely, unless you like to be disappointed.

Reactions: Night Assassin
Pretty lack luster. The image on the tig starts to get blurry around like 2x optical and just degrades further from that point.
Wow, that really sucks for a unit that looked so promising.

Stokes, I'm like a crackhead in withdrawal right now. Hit the Sidekick 640 teaser pipe and craving more. :LOL: Any ETA on your next.

Reactions: jstokes1
Pretty lack luster. The image on the tig starts to get blurry around like 2x optical and just degrades further from that point. I'd stay away from the unit completely, unless you like to be disappointed.
The SOK review seemed so positive.

If someone’s Tig is blurry at 2x there is something wrong with their setup. Mine doesn’t even fill a scope until 3x and the image is perfectly fine. I’ve used it up to 20x. It is heavily pixelated but still useable and definitely not “blurry.”

Here is a pic from mine at 20x:

If someone’s Tig is blurry at 2x there is something wrong with their setup. Mine doesn’t even fill a scope until 3x and the image is perfectly fine. I’ve used it up to 20x. It is heavily pixelated but still useable and definitely not “blurry.”

Here is a pic from mine at 20x:

There seemed to be some variability with units when it came to the tig. Some reported a nice image that would actually pixelate out when zoomed in, but my personal unit was blurry no matter what I did (different ring heights, day optics, etc). I'm guessing that the eye piece had issues since I can slightly induce what I experience with the Tig on my voodoo m and S by improperly setting diopter focus. When I looked at distance with mine, anything past 200 yards became blurry and only got worse the more I zoomed in and the further I looked out. The majority of people that had a tig reported a blurry image from what I have gathered. The UTC (which dealers stated was the competition) was leagues better.

In your image, I don't see many pixels but I do see blurriness.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhereNow&How
For example, here's the tig looking at a building at ~600 yards on about 2.5x optical and then the UTC X at the same building at the same distance. Close to the same magnification judging by the display. Even my super yoter C whooped the tig in image quality by a.....large margin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_100420_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_100420_Gallery.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20231221_100434_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_100434_Gallery.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 29
The SOK review seemed so positive.
It's a very well made thermal, but the way it was pitched by some was as a UTC X competitor...and it wasn't even close to that. The functionality on the thermal was great, but the image was lack luster at best for the price you were paying.

Reactions: jwramp
It's a very well made thermal, but the way it was pitched by some was as a UTC X competitor...and it wasn't even close to that. The functionality on the thermal was great, but the image was lack luster at best for the price you were paying.
Your reviews in this thread are what swayed me

Oh yeah, I would never claim it to be a UTC competitor. I know a number of people bought them based on that claim and I feel sorry for them. The fixed focus definitely limits it to about 300 yards max. But inside that range it holds its own with any of the other “compact” clip-ons as far as ability to take magnification. It doesn’t approach the Voodoo-S for image quality but then again you can get a used Tig for like 7k.

I remember looking at one of these but the manual collimation procedure and concerns about image quality steered me towards one of the Theon/Eotech units. I haven't been disappointed in terms of performance or ease of use, but the Eotech clipons are a fat pig in comparison!