• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solid trigger for all round use

I have a few Velocity triggers, single stage "duty" pull and find them to be exceptional and very consistent. Recently purchased a Geissle SSA for my Sig and I'm underwhelmed. It's solid but I should have stayed with single stage, 3.5-4lb. pull or just kept the stock trigger.
That’s why if I did a G it’d be the SSP. I don’t like 2 stage if I’m trying to do quick follow ups

Budget: LaRue MBT
Top: SSA-E (on sale/price drop on EO right now)

I have a few Velocity triggers, single stage "duty" pull and find them to be exceptional and very consistent. Recently purchased a Geissle SSA for my Sig and I'm underwhelmed. It's solid but I should have stayed with single stage, 3.5-4lb. pull or just kept the stock trigger.
Geissele is overrated overhyped and overpriced. They feel awesome...Compared to a milspec trigger. But You can get a MUCH nicer pull on a TriggerTech or Rise drop-in.

I've had most all of them over the years.
I can honestly tweak a mil-spec to equal the feel of any of them, but they don't last very well at that level of polishing.
Elf is good, but overpriced.
Larue = junk mil-spec with a bit of polishing.
TT....just a fancy name.
Geisselle.....WAYYYYYY overpriced for what you get.
Blah blah, and so on.

You want a good trigger without spending a bunch get a HammerHead.
Yea I know, you've never heard of them, that's because they don't break.

I cant tell if you are trolling, or serious...

I tried one of these hammer head triggers, back when they were selling for $60, when they promised to be the best on the market. Didn't work in any of my lowers (all standard, aero & psa). Had to do a charge back because they stopped responding. And I'm not the only one.

If you are serious, I get the feeling you're a brand ambassador / shill. Your comments are wildly misguiding. :oops:

I've had most all of them over the years.
I can honestly tweak a mil-spec to equal the feel of any of them, but they don't last very well at that level of polishing.
Elf is good, but overpriced.
Larue = junk mil-spec with a bit of polishing.
TT....just a fancy name.
Geisselle.....WAYYYYYY overpriced for what you get.
Blah blah, and so on.

You want a good trigger without spending a bunch get a HammerHead.
Yea I know, you've never heard of them, that's because they don't break.
Yeah...I'm calling complete bullshit on that. Maybe a Geissele, because most of them are nothing more than overpriced polished milspecs anyway, but defiantly not a TT. It's literally physically impossible due to the design for you to make a milspec feel the same.

You call Elf good, and TT "just a fancy name", and then shill that cheap shitty China-special trigger as God's unicorn creation... 🤣😂🤣

Geissele is overrated overhyped and overpriced. They feel awesome...Compared to a milspec trigger. But You can get a MUCH nicer pull on a TriggerTech or Rise drop-in.
It honestly wasn't much of an improvement over the stock Sig LT trigger. I just went with an SSA as I didn't want anything too light. Luckily I bought mine on sale! I really like the Velocity triggers, he worked at Timney for a long time before starting his own company. Fairly priced too. They're all single stage which is all I'd ever used prior to purchasing two sigs with two-stage.

Reactions: JS8588
These are on sale from $270 down to $207 at EuroOptic... Add to Cart for the discounted price. I have a few, and for all-around AR triggers, this one is perfect. And that that price, they won't be beat! I'd recommend a set of KNS Precision anti-walk pins, as well.

Are they good for a home defense rifle? I was lookin at the alg act, but everyone speaks highly of tt so I am curious to try it. It would go on a sionics carbine. Not used for small groups.

....FWIW, the Geissele G2S fits your stated purpose and the manufacturer claims it's essentially a SSA performance wise just lower cost. As you have experience with the SSA's, the transition for you would be relatively seamless.

My personal preference in my AR builds. After my 1st usage I bought up a supply of them during a Brownell's sale years back when they dropped below $130 a set. My primary criteria was the safety factor if dropped with a round in the chamber, seen really light triggers drop the hammer under those conditions.

OP, not sure if you made a decision yet. But I did see that Geissele has posted up their blem sale.

The New TT Duty Triggers come in single or two stage, flat or curved trigger shoe and you have the option of a fixed pull weight of 3.5 or 5.5lbs. And they are now cheaper than the MBT which seem to have a tendency to be mushy from time to time.

The TT Duty triggers are the best deal going for a quality drop in on a budget.

I've turn a few of my friends on to the TT Duty two stage 3.5lb with the flat Trigger Shoe and everyone I've tested broke closer to 3lbs with a crisp break and tactile reset.

I will suggest the ATC Gold Trigger as well. Have owned one for years and it's true in that it's very similar to a 1911 trigger. Good take up, crisp, relatively light and great reset - not to strong nor too light. Just right.

The New TT Duty Triggers come in single or two stage, flat or curved trigger shoe and you have the option of a fixed pull weight of 3.5 or 5.5lbs. And they are now cheaper than the MBT which seem to have a tendency to be mushy from time to time.

The TT Duty triggers are the best deal going for a quality drop in on a budget.

I've turn a few of my friends on to the TT Duty two stage 3.5lb with the flat Trigger Shoe and everyone I've tested broke closer to 3lbs with a crisp break and tactile reset.

I just got a TT Diamond and it’s unbelievable. I’m probably going to grab a 3.5# duty trigger to see how it stacks up against my L & G triggers. Very impressed with the TT quality

Reactions: FuhQ and bigjake83
How is the reliability with the TT’s? I just got a Seekins DMR that came with the TT competitive trigger and this might be the cleanest breaking AR trigger I’ve ever felt.

I’ve had less than stellar results with cassette style triggers in the past but none of them were TT.

How is the reliability with the TT’s? I just got a Seekins DMR that came with the TT competitive trigger and this might be the cleanest breaking AR trigger I’ve ever felt.

I’ve had less than stellar results with cassette style triggers in the past but none of them were TT.
Reliability has always been a 100% with mine, the only issue I ever had was I had to remove some material off the hammer because the tolerances were so tight on my new JP LRI-20 receiver set that the BCG was binding on the hammer face.

Thier Customer Service is second to none as well, when I called and told them about the binding issue they advised me how to fix the problem and sent out another AR10 Diamond, Ambi safety and a Hat for the inconvenience all for free.

So I’m going to a match this weekend and one of the guys I know uses the triggertech diamond but his back up rifle uses the blackout defense zero trigger. Does anybody have experience with that second trigger?

Also, for those that use enclosed drop in trigger, how do you go about cleaning them especially for those that shoot suppressed?

"Cassette Triggers" Gun scrubber, followed by G96/CLP/OIL, send it!
So no like brake cleaner or anything? I've only used milspec STYLE triggers like Geissele and the like so this is new territory for me and i am always asking questions

So no like brake cleaner or anything? I've only used milspec STYLE triggers like Geissele and the like so this is new territory for me and i am always asking questions
I've tried a lot of brake cleaners trying to circumvent the cost of gun scrubber, but nothing leaves a dry, stripped clean surface like gun scrubber. Adding the oil back to the parts lubes and protects from rust.

I wish TT made triggers with a wider finger engagement. They have a great pull but the skinny trigger annoys me. Elftmann is way better in this regard but they only make single-stage triggers and I prefer 2-stage for precision guns.

I wish TT made triggers with a wider finger engagement. They have a great pull but the skinny trigger annoys me. Elftmann is way better in this regard but they only make single-stage triggers and I prefer 2-stage for precision guns.
Get a wider shoe for it. Brownell's or some such.

Nah I ain't tryna have part of my trigger come loose while shooting etc. I just suck it up on my TT-equipped guns.

Also, for those that use enclosed drop in trigger, how do you go about cleaning them especially for those that shoot suppressed?
Some brands you can pull them completely apart because they use a simple hammer/sear/roller pin design with a couple springs.

But I would NOT attempt to pull a TT that far down. I'd just remove it spray it down with brake cleaner (or gun scrubber like mentioned above), and then re-lube, and reinstall.

Which single stage trigger would you guys recommend for a Tippmann M4-22?
Might get a Rise Armament RA-434 3.5# on sale at Scopelist.com for the one I have on order, I have talked to a few guys that have had good luck with them in theirs.
Also been hearing good things about Blackout Defense 3# triggers but not very familiar with them.
Thanks for any advice.

I have drop in triggers for my special purpose lowers (competition, ground squirrels, etc.). I’m not really a competition guy, so these are really my learning to shoot long range guns.

For fighting guns (house gun, truck gun, etc.) I default to a Clint Smith ism, “if it wasn’t put there by God or Stoner it has no place in your rifle.” Those guns have military style triggers, with full power springs.

Wilson combat makes a pretty serviceable 4 lb trigger that’s worth having. Crisp and repeatable.

Reactions: AMGtuned and Beppo