• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solus Chassis

I just got my chassis in today and took the rifle to the range. I have to say, I love the look and feel. I need to adjust the mag, but not that big off a deal. The only real issue is the cheek comb. Hard to get the bolt out and I think it is going to make rifle hard to clean. Anyone found a solution?

I just got my chassis in today and took the rifle to the range. I have to say, I love the look and feel. I need to adjust the mag, but not that big off a deal. The only real issue is the cheek comb. Hard to get the bolt out and I think it is going to make rifle hard to clean. Anyone found a solution?
I cut the geek piece so it slides out easily. They are supposedly releasing a folder real soon so that will solve all the issues with the cheek piece for cleaning

Reactions: kenotic
I cut the geek piece so it slides out easily. They are supposedly releasing a folder real soon so that will solve all the issues with the cheek piece for cleaning

The folder Aero showed at SHOT is almost a direct ripoff of the one MDT makes for the ACC & ESS. I wonder if that has something to do with the long delay in its release.

Attachments

• IMG_8471.jpeg
    IMG_8471.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 88
This what I have said I would do if I bought a Solus Chassis! Do any parts fall out or get out of place when you pull the assembly out?

This what I have said I would do if I bought a Solus Chassis! Do any parts fall out or get out of place when you pull the assembly out?
No, action screws are captured(unlike mdt, xlr, mpa), there is no ambi bolt cut plug to fall out(like xlr). I had to shorten both the action screws to get the bolt lugs to not bind, or the rear screw to protrude above into the cocking piece race way of the tang, so it's not perfect by any means. It's not a bad chassis for the price you can get them at used for $650, better than msrp bravo, xray, or XRS in my opinion.

No, action screws are captured(unlike mdt, xlr, mpa), there is no ambi bolt cut plug to fall out(like xlr). I had to shorten both the action screws to get the bolt lugs to not bind, or the rear screw to protrude above into the cocking piece race way of the tang, so it's not perfect by any means. It's not a bad chassis for the price you can get them at used for $650, better than msrp bravo, xray, or XRS in my opinion.
Have you modded the cheek riser like the picture above?

Nope everything stays where is should. Just loosen thumb screw and the cheek piece slides right out.

Reactions: MilSpecOkie
If anyone is wanting a 17” solus chassis, aero has them marked down 35% right now. $533 for a black 17” before tax and shipping. Very good deal. Not sure if any other colors are marked down

Reactions: INMY01TA
If anyone is wanting a 17” solus chassis, aero has them marked down 35% right now. $533 for a black 17” before tax and shipping. Very good deal. Not sure if any other colors are marked down
I’ve been waiting on a folder and a weight kit from AP before buying one. Still haven’t heard any rumblings of a weight kit.

How did you get the captured screws out to shorten them. I have the same issue and cannot figure out how to get the screws out to shorten them.

How did you get the captured screws out to shorten them. I have the same issue and cannot figure out how to get the screws out to shorten them.
It hasn't necessarily been said, but you only need about 1/8" taken off the front action screw to set it right for a 700 action. It's what I had to do for 2 of mine.

It hasn't necessarily been said, but you only need about 1/8" taken off the front action screw to set it right for a 700 action. It's what I had to do for 2 of mine.
I tried 3 different custom 90° 700 clone actions in the solus, all had the bolt bound up with oem length action screw. Def an oversight on Aeros part.

Reactions: MxTexas
My Solus chassis came with the shims. I put three of them on the front action screw and the bolt moves freely on my R700 action. No shims on the rear, no problem
.IMG_6508.jpeg

My Solus chassis came with the shims. I put three of them on the front action screw and the bolt moves freely on my R700 action. No shims on the rear, no problem
.View attachment 8380895
Does the rear screw protrude up into cocking piece raceway? If it is above flush, I suggest shortening the rear screw or using shim/washers.

Has anyone used the Salmon River brass forend internal weight and found if it stiffened the forend at all? Perhaps jb weld the two piece chassis/forend connection together? My only real complaint is the lack of rigidity.