• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Some bastard stole my dog!!!!!! ... He's back home

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
Yesterday, while my wife was doing some orientation time with us at EMS, my two labs who are like our kids, somehow escaped from the pen mysteriously. The female was under the porch when the wife got home. Drake, the male, has never left her side, and does not roam. He was nowhwere to be found. We looked all night calling for him. My partner and I went out in the medic unit looking for him. No sign anywhere of him. this is a small town where I live in, and no one has seen him. I found strange boot tracks in the yard, and still no Drake. My wife has been cryin non stop since this happenned last night. He was a very gently friendly dog. I figure some body stole him, or something got him. It crushes me, cause he had a great temperment, and was a HOSS. He was 11 months old, and 85 lbs, and was a great guard dog. Gentle as a lamb with kids too. It sucks to lose a good dog. He will be missed. Maybe someone will bring him back, as I have advertise a reward for him.

Re: Some bastard stole my dog!!!!!!

Damn, that's terrible. Hopefully you get him back, did you have any pissed off neighbors that would want to get rid of your dog? Just sayin'.

Sorry to hear that as it is an enormous loss. What part of Georgia are you in? Someone here should be near you & might see your dog. Sincerely, Anthony

no pissed off neighbours, my closest neighbour is a US marshall, and he hog hunts. I live just east of Cordele, Ga in a little town called Pitts, Ga. I hope that if someone stole him, he bites their gonads off. He is protective of my wife, and that was her little baby. He slept at her head every night.

damn if somebody even touched my dog i would probably top them on the spot.

hope you find him.

Thanks, Garth. The wife does know how to shoot, and has already said if she finds out who did it, she would be entertaining bad thoughts. I told her to calm down. Sooner or later the bastards will need an ambulance, and the way karma works, it will probably be either me or her who shows up there. If we had been home when they did this, they would have had a holy vehicle at the least. 2 pistols, an AR, and shotgun within easy reach in the house would be able to do some damage. I am gonna keep my eyes open, and I find them, there will be hell to pay. He is AKC registered, and the AKC did a DNA test on his daddy. If I find him, I can easily prove he is mine. I fear that we wont find him.

Sorry bout the pup man. I had my Staffie stole 3 years ago. Miss her every day.

Only lowlife sons of bitches steal a family's dog.

Try to have faith that someone will come forward. I can only imagine how you feel.

yeah a couple of years ago some asshole drove down our drive ( which we lived out in the country at the time )they tried to steel my rot my choc lab and my black lab, some how the got my rot and run my black lab over and killed her and she never went anywhere with out my choc lab duke. the sheriffs told me someone was going around out in the area stealing dogs which is total bs my rot had saved my life once and about a year after it happened my choc lab passed away. i dont know why some one would do that to a dog just to get a dog, they all were so gentile except my choclate lab he was the tough one he barked at strangers but its just bs what ppl do, my heart goes out to u and ur wife sir may u find ur ( kids ) dogs.

Mate SORRY to here that. I really do hope you find that fine dog! Hope your wife is feeling ok. Please hang in there! Words cant say enough. Hope they rot in hell!

What sort of ass clown steals a dog ? I'll tell you... the same type that would kill you for a quarter or your nice basketball shoes, abuse their kids and yours, get satisfaction from others pain and misery, beat down their significant other and generally suck the life and money out of any living thing they come in contact with. They are the lowest kind of vermin imaginable... unworthy of being called a human or being treated as one. They are the type that had better hope for a compassionate God, because they shouldn't get any from us. Worthless POS and a waste of a good heart and brain.

As I've aged, I have been heartened to see that Karma is a bitch and eventually what goes around comes around... and payback is a MF'er.

I sure hope your dog is just temporarily missing... what a boot in the nuts.

Sorry for the rant but after dealing with this crap for the past 30 years it just pisses me off.

i feel for ya man, that sucks bro i hope it turns back up.

Did you dog have one of those ID chips in him?

Our vet put this ID/tracking chip in ours when we got him.

Might be something to follow up.

Dont give up on him man. One of my neighbors walked every house in our neighborhood with a picture of her blue heeler that had got off of the run. I new the dog just from seeing it. Blue Heeler with lots of red on it. I felt extremely bad for her as she was about in tears when she was asking me if I had seen the dog. Anyway, I went to work that night. I work about 20 miles from the house. Walking in I always look at the for sale board. I usually dont stop, but I caught something about a blue heeler out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and read it.
"found...blue heeler with lots of red markings in vacinity of delorises market"

Holy cow, thats my neighbors dog!

I called home and got the with to call and give them the phone number to call.

Reunited that night.

coyotes have been snagging dogs around the Dallas area...the small ones go first of course.....a shame.

Sorry about your loss of your dog. Im a dog lover to and share your pain. But Parallax said about everything that was on my mind. I hope he comes back to you.

thats sad man, u dont mess around with a guys family, and pets are part of the family.. hope you find him soon

Our little boy made it home this morning. I was on duty this morning and my wife called me up and told me that he came home. She brought him up to the station, and he has some scars and a limp, but at least he made it home. Thanks for the support, yall. I wont forget it.

Glad he's home.
grin.gif

I'm glad he's home! I couldn't click this thread because the title was so disturbing to me. But when I saw the updated title...

Glad to hear he's back. What kind of scars we talking about? Abuse?

Take him to the vet and get him microchipped.

My yellow Lab has two chips in him, a collar with his AKC info and mine.

We had a friend that worked with the local Dog Pound here in Ohio. He said people go to an area and drive around and gather up as many as they can find/steal and then sell them to companies that do research saying they were strays.

We live in the country and let our dogs run free since we have plenty of woods and ground for them around us but we've had a few over the years come up "missing" and suspect that while we're away that is what happened to them. I'd love to catch someone trying to stuff one of our pets into a van.

It happens, be aware and if you see something suspicious like that don't be bashful about calling the law. Glad your pup got loose and came home. I love happy endings.

Topstrap

A good friend has his big $$$ blue ribbon Lab tattoo'd inside the dogs ear with his phone number. Said if the dog EVER goes to a vet, they always look in their ears. Good idea, just dunno if a tattoo parlor will do it. I got a friend in Abiline that does ink. I'll ask.

Dont know where he was this whole time, but I searched EVERY house in a 3 mile radius friday and saturday. His back leg is swollen up, and he has a limp, but I dont feel any obvious fractures. He is happy again, and my wife is happy now. We bought her another puppy yesterday, so now we have 3 labs. If I ever figure out where he was, well, lets not go there. I figure he got into a scrap with another dog somewhere. I am definitely gonna get him tatood and chipped. I had to stay strong for my wife, but it broke my heart when he disappeared. Thanks again for all your support.

You can never have too many Labradors.

This guy agrees:
DSCN0014.jpg

Glad his back. I have had a dog stolen from me before and it sux big time...

Man I think your dawg just went out for a little extra-curricular
puppy love so to speak. As far as the limp, I had the same thing happen to me after a night with a cute little Phillipino and a bottle of tequila in 1986. I was sore from head to toe for a week and smiled for 2.

Glad your pup made it back, i'd loose it if someone took my girl. Where I'm from messing with a mans dog will get you shot quick. By all means get the chip in them.

My guess is someone grabbed him, put in into the bed of a pickup drove off and your dog jumped out and they just kept going as not to get caught.

Took Drake to the vet this morning, and his limp is from a dislocated hip. The vet had to put him under anesthesia, and reduced the dislocation. He will have to stay with the vet for 2-3 days, and if the hip wont stay in, he will have to have surgery. I am already looking at a $500+ vet bill. If I can ever prove that he was taken, and find the bastard, we will have a nice little "chat". I will gladly pay the bill to get him back to good health, but I about cried today when he started whining when we trying to get an x-ray on him. He might as well be our child, and I cant say how much yalls support here on the Hide meant to me and my wife. Thanks for the moral support, guys.

I know how you feel redneck, took the pooch to the vet for his checkup (he will be 12 on the 24th) and he checked out great. He told us we could up his hip med with no problems. So everything is going great and someone brings there shepherd in on a blanket to put him down. He was 13 or 14 and went down and could not get back up. So me the wife and daughter got to see the lady and boyfriend crying and watch the dog go to the back room. Sure threw a bucket of water on our campfire. Sucks that dogs seem to live just long enough to make them family but not long enough for you to die before them.....

Glad to hear he's home - yes get the chip - the vets are required to LEGALLY hold the dog if a person other than who is on the chip brings him in - that way it covers these situations...

Glad he's back home!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to get a guard tortoise that has a loud bark. </div></div>

Get a goose instead - or 2 of them.

They are a seriously good guard pet!

I remember when I was 5, I had a st bernard/huskie mix. HE was the greatest dog. Some people drove away with him.

We found him a few days later at soem random guys house. He said "do you really want him back, he is a great dog"

We got him home and he was happy again.

But sadly, 2 years ago he passed away. He was 12 yeas old. I had had him since I was 2. I miss him every day.

Caring for an animal is a sign of many good traits in a person that are all too often lacking amongst the general masses. Those people who look upon dogs, cats and animals in general as nothing more than commodities are missing a large part of what it is to be alive.

If there's an issue with your vet bills then pass the hat over to me and I'll pitch in what I can.

Good luck to you.

good luck on his recovery and glad to hear he made it home
hope everything works out OK with his hip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caring for an animal is a sign of many good traits in a person that are all too often lacking amongst the general masses. Those people who look upon dogs, cats and animals in general as nothing more than commodities are missing a large part of what it is to be alive.

If there's an issue with your vet bills then pass the hat over to me and I'll pitch in what I can.

Good luck to you. </div></div>

Thank you sir for that. That means a lot to me. My wife's family just chipped in some money and I am getting some money back on my taxes, so I will be able to handle it. I cant tell ya how much that means to me though. If it had gotten bad enough financially, I would have sold a gun or two. I am gonna get my boy back home, so he can protect the wife while I am at work, or at least alert her to someone comin in the yard.