• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Some NV observations from field. Armasight CO-MR Bravo vs PVS 22 and some FLIR 22/640

LCatGA

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2013
We went to PA for a 2 day hunt on private fenced land. Guys there have some wild boar and many different species of deer as well as small heard of buffalos free ranging/roaming. Unfortunately owners objected to the actual night time hunting animals (Senior is a very old fashion guy and was concerned about hitting animal humanely or tracking wounded animal in the woods) but we did fair amount of shooting at their 300 yard range as well as just sneaking in the woods with thermal and driving ATV with PVS-14 with Junior. He did promised after seeing how good it is to work on his Pops so next time I'm over I will be shooting me some pigs at night :)

Scope behind clip-ons were IOR 2-12 and Leopold Mk6 3-18. Conditions were close to ideal - rather clear sky's with 3 days to the full moon. Temperatures(for thermal) were in mid 50s

Some comparing. 3 people out of 4 slightly proffered PVS-22 image quality looking at dimmer areas. At well lit areas CO-MR actually was a bit better for all 4 people - looked sharper.
Variable gain of PVS-22 is a great feature and Armasight should add it ASAP. Using CO-MR at low magnifications for moon lit areas caused loss of night vision for a while :))) - it can be bright.
Controls on CO-MR are better -especially focus.
It's also lighter
Both units could be magnified to about 8-10 without much loss of clarity. On the range I was cranking up all the way to 18 on both units looking at 300 yard target - fuzzy but usable. CO-MR faired a little bit better under extreme magnification.

Shift of POI. We have not done really good formal test but CO-MR showed NO shift of POI and POS-22 was dropping about 2 MOA - consistently.

So all in CO-MR might be just a bit better unit for whole lot of less $$$$ - looks like lesser tube but better optical clarity

And remember I had Bravo unit where my 22 is Pinnacle.

Now fun part - off the range and in to woods. I can clearly see why combo of thermal scope and NV sight is all the rage. We were able to spot all kinds of creatures in the woods and on the fields. And then locating them through NV clip-on/scope combo was a breeze. But woods through NV just looking for actions was much more difficult. Best one were some turkey on the trees - you can't see them without knowing were to look exactly. Pure joy and in combination with silencer can make for ultimate poaching experience. We were on top of the hill looking at some deer crossing field 850 yards away and I could have taken shot easily. BTW- I know what it's 850 to the middle of field because I shot there 2 years ago and took deer with 338LM. Was not as easy of the kill as I would liked but we retrieved in less than 200 yards
:))))

I hope my friend can convince his dad so next time we will pull a trigger on animal at night :) And we will tell senior what we can track wounded animal with thermal - worked like a charm during a day even with temperature hitting 80. you can see fresh blood trucks like somebody marked them with a florescent marker.

We also had a great hunting day killing 3 pigs(my fiancé killed a really big sow - 350-360lbs) and taking out 5 fowl deer does - their herd got too big and they wanted to thin it out. We were trying for 8-10 but 600 acres is a lot of land for them to run. And we gotten to retire big old buffalo bull which was over 2000 lbs

photo 1.jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg