• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Some of my exploits(more pics added)

barnes12

Sergeant
Minuteman
IMG_2415.jpg

Colorado mule deer 2009, grossed 202
280 yards with my GAP 300 wsm

Re: Some of my exploits

that is some really nice looking deer kills. It is a rarity to have Virginia deer look that good.

Very nice buck for sure. Did you get the whitetail in Tx? I get to hunt whitetail for the first time this year in Ks. I'm also hoping to join a friend down in your area for whitetail, as well this fall.

Some nice trophies, what bullet you using in the wsm?

The whitetail was taken on my ranch outside of Coleman,Tx. He was with a younger bigger buck but I wanted to take this older one and let the other one get a little bigger. As far as the bullets I use in my WSM they are the 168gr Berger VLD hunting bullet on top of 65.0 gr of H4350 with a OAL of 2.90

when I saw the heading,,some of my exploits...Im thinkin..naked chicks..more than a little tequila...kyjelly and possibly an ambulance...but thats just me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The whitetail was taken on my ranch outside of Coleman,Tx. He was with a younger bigger buck but I wanted to take this older one and let the other one get a little bigger. As far as the bullets I use in my WSM they are the 168gr Berger VLD hunting bullet on top of 65.0 gr of H4350 with a OAL of 2.90 </div></div>

Very close to the 300WSM load I have with the 165 SST's. Great powder and caliber.

Nice pics BTW !
grin.gif

Yea, should of been a little clearer. None of that stuff, Married but with a very understanding wife.
I really like that load as does my GAP, will shoot .75 all day with it sometimes better but I think it is plenty good for a hunting rig.

Re: Some of my exploits(more pics)

DSCN0027.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Mule deer was taken with a bow at about 20 yards after a 4 hour stalk. Actually hit it in the head as it was lying down, if you look close at the eyesocket nearest me you can see a little blood and the entry wound.
Another whitetail from my ranch taken with my 300 wsm GAP at 175 yards.
Antelope taken with my GAP rock in NM.