• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some of you guys are in for a surprise

OK serious question: how do you get that rank smell and taste out of lamb?
Also you want lambs from "hair breed" sheep not "wool breed" sheep as they lack the musk gland that is primarily responsible for the smell and taste you are likely referencing. Another issue,at least in the US, is people tend to over cook lamb and that makes it stronger. Lamb should never be more than rare or at most medium rare.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
If your lamb has a rank smell...you have generally purchased a bad piece of lamb or were sold mutton or have overcooked it. When lamb is cooked beyond medium rare, the fat can break down and permeate the meat with a horrendous taste and smell. Lamb fat is putrid once it goes past a point.

That is why Mint Jelly was served with lamb. It is so overpowering that it can hide the gross flavor of overcooked lamb.
Damn. People need to take a hint. Lamb wasn't meant to be eaten.

Let me guess, the English made eating lamb acceptable. Those goofy tooth'd fuckers will boil and eat anything.

OK serious question: how do you get that rank smell and taste out of lamb?
You don't. It's usually one of three things:

1. The lamb is old, and been sitting in some refer for too long.
2. The "lamb" isn't really lamb, but mutton (which is just sheep; i.e. a mature lamb) and can be gamey as hell.
3. The lamb was overcooked. Lamb should be served rare to med-rare. Never well done, or else it tends to have that shit taste to it.

I only eat suckling piglets… 30-40 days old. Anything bigger to me is nasty, and is just good coyote bait. I don’t understand people that think wild pig THE BIG BOYS taste good. Yuck. Though yours wasn’t a big boy, he’s big enough to fight.
The best solution for wild pig is to hang it. Once the mold appears on the outside, it starts to break the meat down, and kills the gamey taste. Once it's hung for 15-30 days, just pull it down and scrub it down to get all the funk off. Trim everything off the outside and then butcher the meat. Comes out good that way...

At least we're off the topic of the Savage, for about four seconds...

And we're back...

Apparently a lot of people hate Savage for the same reason a lot of people hate boxing and grappling. Usually the people who can't fight are the ones who hate on boxing and grappling the loudest, "martial arts is so gay, who wants to roll around on the ground and grapple or wrestle, nasty." Just like broke guys claiming, "money isn't everything" which is something typically only broke people say.

I get it, people hate on Savage because they don't have a command of the fundamentals of marksmanship. It is okay to be at a lower point on the learning curve, everybody has to start somewhere.

I often say, "if you can't hit steel at 500 yards with an open sights M1 Garand using decent ammo from sling supported prone, you just don't know how to shoot a rifle." The only other explanation is you have bad vision and can't roll with iron sights, which that is okay as an explanation.

If a man can't hit steel at 700 yards with a Savage 10FP from bipod prone using match grade ammo, then he sucks and I'm tired of pretending he doesn't.

View attachment 8399233
Tell us you don’t really get this ongoing scuffle without telling us you don’t get this ongoing scuffle…

• Haha
Reactions: Long Range 338
If your lamb has a rank smell...you have generally purchased a bad piece of lamb or were sold mutton or have overcooked it. When lamb is cooked beyond medium rare, the fat can break down and permeate the meat with a horrendous taste and smell. Lamb fat is putrid once it goes past a point.

That is why Mint Jelly was served with lamb. It is so overpowering that it can hide the gross flavor of overcooked lamb.
And also why rosemary is in most lamb roasting recipes; it really does a good job of cutting some of that rank taste.

Was she a lunch lady in a previous life? Those look like the small ass ice cream scoops of food I got in grade school.
Large plates of food are uncouth; it makes you look like one of  those people.

Savage shooters.

• Haha
Reactions: lariat
Usually the people who can't fight are the ones who hate on boxing and grappling the loudest, "martial arts is so gay, who wants to roll around on the ground and grapple or wrestle, nasty." Just like broke guys claiming, "money isn't everything" which is something typically only broke people say.

I get it, people hate on Savage because they don't have a command of the fundamentals of marksmanship. It is okay to be at a lower point on the learning curve, everybody has to start somewhere.
I would prefer fighting with my wind reading, reloading practices, or arguing with a cloud rather than fighting with an action that feels like 2 sandy vaginas rubbing together simply trying to get a round in the chamber... But you also shoot a Barrett M107 so the little nuances probably don't bother you much....

The best solution for wild pig is to hang it. Once the mold appears on the outside, it starts to break the meat down, and kills the gamey taste. Once it's hung for 15-30 days, just pull it down and scrub it down to get all the funk off. Trim everything off the outside and then butcher the meat. Comes out good that way...
This is true of all wild game…..let it hang till that fine greenish mold appears…………..except fish don’t do this for fish………😂😂😂

I would prefer fighting with my wind reading, reloading practices, or arguing with a cloud rather than fighting with an action that feels like 2 sandy vaginas rubbing together simply trying to get a round in the chamber... But you also shoot a Barrett M107 so the little nuances probably don't bother you much....

If you can't afford a $15,000 setup don't insult the setup or the shooter, just say, "I can't spend $15,000 cash on a scoped 50 cal, it is what it is."

I'm not going to apologize for having an M107a1, although it isn't a 1 MOA rifle it wasn't designed or sold as such.

Don't hate the player, or the game for that matter. Just find a way to hustle and make more.

I have an AN/PVS-14 which I'm sure is not as good as your fleshlight [or was that flashlight?] for seeing in the dark but I guess nuances are lost on me.

You could also just become better at making wind calls.

You could also buy a Kestrel [I have a 5700 Elite X]. Do you want to throw some jabs at Kestrel?

Tell us you don’t really get this ongoing scuffle without telling us you don’t get this ongoing scuffle…

I get it, some people suck at shooting and like to rip on Savage as a way to cover up for the fact that they suck as shooters. It is okay, everybody stinks when they first begin.

They need an $8,000 custom rifle to make 2 MOA at 100 yards and then they come up with excuses and explain, "well at least it isn't a Savage."

I get it, some people suck at shooting and like to rip on Savage as a way to cover up for the fact that they suck as shooters. It is okay, everybody stinks when they first begin.

They need an $8,000 custom rifle to make 2 MOA at 100 yards and then they come up with excuses and explain, "well at least it isn't a Savage."
Negative, ghost rider

1713452645251.gif

You don't. It's usually one of three things:

1. The lamb is old, and been sitting in some refer for too long.
2. The "lamb" isn't really lamb, but mutton (which is just sheep; i.e. a mature lamb) and can be gamey as hell.
3. The lamb was overcooked. Lamb should be served rare to med-rare. Never well done, or else it tends to have that shit taste to it.

Our society's fascination with overcooking meat (and the FDA's) is the cause of a lot of awful dishes.

Was she lunch lady in a previous life? Those look like the little ass ice cream scoop of food I got in grade school. But much tastier.
We don’t eat large portions of food between @Lowlight and I. He doesn’t eat left overs. I cook pretty much everyday twice a day. You sound like a fatty who has low rings and LAAYS across their rifle and their lugs beg for air like a beached whale, and cry why your zero looks like bird shot. Calm down Shamu, I’ll make sure the squirrels send you a dildos to fill all your holes.

Once you get rid of the Accu-trigger and factory stock on a Savage 10FP, and go with a Chassis and an actual legitimate trigger [Timney comes to mind], if you can't hit steel at 1000 or even 700 yards and can't get 1 MOA or better at 100 yards, either you stink or your ammo stinks.

I get it, it is okay, some people just plain stink.

If I see Lowlight at a course this autumn I'll bring one of my Savages just to prove, I'm not full of BS and am not fronting when I said, "just last week I consistently hit steel at 700 yards with my Savage, and I've gone to 1000 before." He has to promise not to bring the photo of that stuff he considers "food."

Was she lunch lady in a previous life? Those look like the little ass ice cream scoop of food I got in grade school. But much tastier.
Thats what I thought when looking at that portion.

Water’s still warm, jump in. There are several sub-plots to the thread, pick one and start shouting
I couldn't help but notice that some of this thread's "participants" are no longer with us....
I see no reason to get the HMFIC to start looking at my posts, so I'll remain a spectator.

Well I missed that shit show, but I'll tell you that @StraightJacketArmory has been good to me in the past. We had a shipping issue that resulted in a rifle stock getting badly scratched due to packaging, on return shipping.

Called the shop and Nick called me from his personal cell while on vacation to make it right.

Portal to portal issued handled in a week, shit happens it's how people deal with it that counts.

I do have to say it, although this may be trolling.

I doubled the value of my Savage by getting it cerakoted.

I then doubled it again by putting it in a chassis.

The easiest way to double the value of a Savage is to cerakote it.

There are few places to go but up, when it comes to a Savage's value.

In all honesty I've never had either of my Savages fail and I've owned one for more than 12 years, although it wouldn't be in my top three choices for a bolt-gun for war.

Once you get rid of the Accu-trigger and factory stock on a Savage 10FP, and go with a Chassis and an actual legitimate trigger [Timney comes to mind], if you can't hit steel at 1000 or even 700 yards and can't get 1 MOA or better at 100 yards, either you stink or your ammo stinks.

I get it, it is okay, some people just plain stink.

If I see Lowlight at a course this autumn I'll bring one of my Savages just to prove, I'm not full of BS and am not fronting when I said, "just last week I consistently hit steel at 700 yards with my Savage, and I've gone to 1000 before." He has to promise not to bring the photo of that stuff he considers "food."
You need to dig a little deeper than that

1713453404597.gif

I couldn't help but notice that some of this thread's "participants" are no longer with us....
I see no reason to get the HMFIC to start looking at my posts, so I'll remain a spectator.
C’mon, where’s your sense of adventure?

Growing up, Savage 110 rifles were surpisingly accurate out of the box, probably the most accurate.

But nobody deviated from the standard Rem. or Winchesters.

I think it had something to do with the look, the bolt handle at the end of the bolt was uglier than fuck and screamed 'poors.' Nobody ever took Savage aside and told them that.

If Kenny on South Park had a rifle it would have been a Savage.

Reactions: FWoo45 and BCP
We don’t eat large portions of food between @Lowlight and I. He doesn’t eat left overs. I cook pretty much everyday twice a day. You sound like a fatty who has low rings and LAAYS across their rifle and their lugs beg for air like a beached whale, and cry why your zero looks like bird shot. Calm down Shamu, I’ll make sure the squirrels send you a dildos to fill all your holes.
Bag o' Dicks are the Squirrel Special this month........;)

So to recap;
- Hang the lamb for 15-30 days to get rid of the nasty taste
- Savage is your best rifle for distances over 914.4 meters
- Money is everything
- Grappling and wresting is muy bueno
- Getting banned for being a dishonest douchebag is a badge of honor or something

Or did I get that wrong...

Wellington is complex..especially done per the classic recipe. I am a purist so it is always done per the original recipe which includes foie gras as the inner covering versus mushroom duxelles and a sauce perigueux. The most complex part is cooking it without drying out the foie gras and making the inner layers of the puff pastry soggy.

I love rack of lamb as well...much easier. I prefer Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter and cream to asparagus. The cream adds some depth and complements the lamb nicely.
I couldn’t find original good recipe. So I followed Gordon Ramsey, which is his “thing” he’s known for! But I agree, I try to stick close to the original!

Reactions: Im2bent and Nik H
A long gone friend used to eat just about anything, but he wouldn’t eat lamb. Said the smell reminded him too much of burning bodies.

IMG_8051.gif

Reactions: Sparky
The savage shooters need something to cling too, so we let them have hope.

Hope the rail doesn’t shake loose and fall off

Hope the Tupperware stock doesn’t flex under the weight of their awesomeness

Hope that AccuTrigger doesn’t pull me off target

So let them have hope, keeps them from crying ALL night

Hope?

Hope is when the rifle doesn’t throw the first shot,

Hope is when the stock isn’t touching the barrel when rocking a Harris,

Hope is when they go to sell it and get 1/2 what they paid for it,

Now pulling the bolt back and the gun actually ejecting the brass….that is the miracle my friend

You forgot; hope their dick doesn't fall off from telling too many tales about their "kills" and consistent hits over 914.4 meters.

Hope w/a side order of Divine intervention, would have been a better choice of words

We don’t eat large portions of food between @Lowlight and I. He doesn’t eat left overs. I cook pretty much everyday twice a day. You sound like a fatty who has low rings and LAAYS across their rifle and their lugs beg for air like a beached whale, and cry why your zero looks like bird shot. Calm down Shamu, I’ll make sure the squirrels send you a dildos to fill all your holes
No disrespect meant, I am not in the least familiar with the caloric in take of hobbit sized people. My apologies if I offended your people.

If you can't afford a $15,000 setup don't insult the setup or the shooter, just say, "I can't spend $15,000 cash on a scoped 50 cal, it is what it is."

I'm not going to apologize for having an M107a1, although it isn't a 1 MOA rifle it wasn't designed or sold as such.

Don't hate the player, or the game for that matter. Just find a way to hustle and make more.

I have an AN/PVS-14 which I'm sure is not as good as your fleshlight [or was that flashlight?] for seeing in the dark but I guess nuances are lost on me.

You could also buy a Kestrel [I have a 5700 Elite X]. Do you want to throw some jabs at Kestrel?
Angry Poor Noise.gif

34f6d7fd-a173-418f-af04-5b43a78ccd19_text.gif

1713458540705.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
Remove as much of the fat as possible. The fat in Lamb also does not render like the fat in beef, so it's not so useful for our cooking purposes.

You can also try leaving it sit, without the fat, for a day or two before cooking.

Lamb sold in vacuum packs tends to smell absolutely atrocious because of the reaction of the lanolin in the fat with the hemoglobin. The longer it sits in the pack, the more pungent the smell.

The last rack I made smelled downright awful, but the meat itself started smelling progressively less bad as I removed the fat. Then, I could tell it would get smelly again as I poked at and trimmed the fat.

After trimming, I let the Lamb air out in the cold garage for a couple hours, then I made a marinade of rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and put it in a 1 gal freezer bag. Put the Lamb in, made sure to thoroughly coat the Lamb, pushed all the air from the bag and zipped it up. Marinaded for 24 hours and the Lamb was wonderful when cooked, with a light Lamb-y taste and no smell.
Most wild game has really gamey fat. We always trim away as much tallow as possible on deer. I am not sure proghorn have fat. 🤔🤣🤣I have heard alligator fat is down right rancid.

@LawTalker read again but pay closer attention…. I didn’t say I couldn’t read wind or reload, I said I prefer them over fingering my gun to get my cartridges to feed. Again, nuance.

Reactions: Milf Dots