• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Something kicking off in Israel

I'm not sure this is a true story. I never heard this directly from anyone who was in a position to know. I do know the Russian Spetsnaz from the 70s and 80s were brutal and effective killers, and having met two who emigrated here, I would not want to tangle with the ones from that period unless I was 600 yards away with my scoped rifle or a radio. So in spirit it's true.

The Soviet organization picked brutal and sadistic "native" leaders through most of the period and supplied and groomed them well. They provided arms, money, training, women, prestige, info on their opponents. Hez-and other clients had incentive to toe the line. The motives may have changed in 79 but not much.

Buckley's killers were trained by the Russians. Heroin addiction - and there are worse drugs - are very effective - and work if you don't plan to trade prisoners. There is a reason some US POWs never came home from Vietnam or Korea.

The invasion of Afghanistan set off the ripples we are dealing with today. In many ways the GWOT is part of the history of the unravelling of the Communist movement - and the client states and non-state actors from that period. In retrospect, the victory at Warsaw was the high water mark for the Soviets and the Winter War was the turning point. Hitler's invasion of Russia and the ameliorating impact of lend-lease breathed life into a dying beast.

I do agree that our strategic ROEs should be based on context of our enemy. Hamas is not a state actor. It's a collection of thugs with slick marketing more like an inner city overrun by drug lords who get cash from an outside source. They are a large extortion ring getting essentially state funded tribute. As far as I am concerned, they are rogue enemy combatants. The GO ROE for those from the Cold War was very clear, unless otherwise briefed.

looks like siri beat me to the aritcle
Here's an article, with a nicer version of 'parts of the man's body'
"Parts of the man’s body, the paper said, were then sent to the Hezbollah leader with a warning that he would lose other relatives in a similar fashion if the three remaining Soviet diplomats were not immediately released. They were quickly freed."

well, she's too old for Muhammed, Aisha was 6 or 7......
"A preponderance of classical sources converge on Aisha being 6 or 7 years old at the time of her marriage, and 9 at the consummation; her age has become a source of ideological friction in modern times."

Well it seems moderate beheaders were re-activated to aid Israel
Comrades in Gaza being IDF

F-PFUz-WEAACAvi

Last edited:
I think we all agree.
He never inferred anything different in his post.

I took his words and context to mean that certain competitions would help induce stresses that are as close as you can get to a gunfight and I agree with this thinking.

I am trying to talk a couple of guys in their mid 20s to go shoot an outlaw IPSC match this weekend. Both are gun whores but have only shot on a square range from a bay and never from a holster and reloading on a clock. Without actually coming out and saying it, I am trying to hint that it would behoove them to actually develop real gun handling skills to go with all their guns. . . . . like right the heck now. Both are very responsible, conservatives and work 2 jobs even though they are not married yet. Good traits that us old fucks need to encourage.
Many shooters are terrified of starting anything that requires them to be noobs. Scared to look dumb.

Many shooters are terrified of starting anything that requires them to be noobs. Scared to look dumb.
Training is the only way to get better.
However, you gotta do the right kind of Training..
But there's some dudes out there that are just plain savants.. like Miculek. Or another Jerry.. Jerry Tierney. Shot Palma and High Power for a long time, then decided to get involved in benchrest. The SOB won a championship and set a few records IIRC, in his 1st season. High power, long range prone, Palma, and F-Class are definitely one of the best ways to become an "elite" wind reader..

Guys with all due respect but comparing "sofa competition" against real world combat where actual aiming and "operating stuff" skills are secondary to stamina, composure and "luck/third eye" is rather childish...
If you ever tried a serious competition (with walking and doing stuff for a long time to be tired enough to have brain farts more common than eating bowl of semicooked beans) or even airsoft for real not to mention those in actual combat you should know that after half an hour of "engagement" wind reading and knowledge outside of muscle memory and automatics is kind of irrelevant all you care is getting next breath in and hope its not the last you take before collapsing...

There are reports of an attack on the Palestinian President's motorcade. According to the latest reports, a convoy of cars, one of which contained Mahmoud Abbas, was fired upon with automatic weapons.

Palestinian group claimed responsibility for the attack “Children of Abu Jandel.” Representatives of this Palestinian movement gave Abbas 24 hours to order the start of a military operation against Israel in support of the Gaza Strip. Abbas did not do anything like that, and it is not entirely clear to whom he could even give such an order. In the end, it all ended with an attack on his motorcade. one of the Palestinian leader's bodyguards was fatally wounded.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Agreed!
That is why I am trying to entice them to get to the range with me between now and match day.

I offered to mentor them on basic gun safety as well as educate them on exactly what to expect in this match environment.

What will the stage R.O. be instructing them to do before and after their turn to shoot.
What is a 180, not sweeping your own body parts.
How to unload and show clear.
How to safely re-holster THEN pickup mags,etc.

Depending on what I am seeing from their gun handling, I would also try to give pointers on NPA, coming to a stop to break shots, breaking position, etc.

My goal would be to ease that anxiety you sited above and help insure their best chances of having a positive experience.
If I fail and they are frustrated or embarrased, they will never go to another competition.
If I am successful, they will be hooked even if they place last at their first comp.

The training is helpful for the reasons you listed. The stress and your ability to function with it is largely genetic. I bet there are some others in this thread who have had blood samples taken for studies on this very thing.
If you are referring to Cortisol levels, yes.

I have seen them routinely taken and monitored during stress inoculation studies to help fine tune POIs and exercises.

I would venture to say that most would not agree that genetics are a major player in ability to function under stress. If only considering pre-training metrics, social and family environments are probably bigger drivers. *I have no studies to directly reference this. Just a personal WAG.

Top tier programs can turn out peeps that are Helen Keller level DGAF and can perform high level mental and fine motor tasks quickly while under duress.

Reactions: E. Bryant
Short version of the story. I had a guy inside my fence, in my front yard, and in the dark at 0500 one morning. He had to hop over the 4' tall pipe fence to be there. I addressed him with sights on his back, and light shining from behind me to him. He did an about face and never stepped forward. He was about 7 yards. He followed my commands and got on his face. Sheriff deputies came. He got cuffed and stuffed.

I called an old Police officer friend of mine. I told him my heart rate never increased. I did not get an adrenaline dump. During and after the whole thing, I was just level. What's up with that? He asked "how long you been going on 9-1-1 calls?" Twenty years. He said your brain just went into business mode. Same as a structure fire, same as an extrication, same as a cardiac arrest. You treated an incident in your yard like any other one.

He said in Law Enforcement it is termed "stress inoculation". Go through enough what would be high stress events, and you just learn how to mentally and emotionally manage them.

If you are referring to Cortisol levels, yes.

I have seen them routinely taken and monitored during stress inoculation studies to help fine tune POIs and exercises.

I remember how Clint Smith used the Shoothouse at Thunder Ranch - amazing how just FMJ even on inanimate cutouts in a contained environment increased HR, tunnel vision and alters performance in MANY.

Reactions: Terry Cross
This is how fighting has been for a very long time around the world, even in WW2 by the US with carpet bombing, use of nukes, etc. No one should be surprised by these things. It isn't going to change, regardless of how many genocide trials are held. It is in no way right, but it is the reality of humanity.

Reactions: JR_77
I remember how Clint Smith used the Shoothouse at Thunder Ranch - amazing how just FMJ even on inanimate cutouts in a contained environment increased HR, tunnel vision and alters performance in MANY.
Several years ago, I was shown some vids of me and others going through force-on-force with Simunition handguns, carbines and sub-guns.
Scenarios were in a shoot house as well as outside vehicle/parking lot stuff.

I couldn't even find me in on the screen at first. I was getting really (like really, really) small.
It was actually comical and I have no idea where the hell I got that movement from.
I looked like a dwarf even though I'm about 6ft.

We would see video of some of the guys walking within a foot of a hostile threat and be totally unaware = tunnel vision.

Even breathing had to be taught to some.

One of many interesting twists for me was the way my body reacted one way when defensive/reactive versus when I was Red Team offensive. Great lesson on keeping very aggressive mindset even and especially in a defensive situation.

The video was actually very helpful.
You could have told me what I was doing and I would have called you a liar until I saw it.

Still got several scars from the F'ing Simunition.

Several years ago, I was shown some vids of me and others going through force-on-force with Simunition handguns, carbines and sub-guns.
Scenarios were in a shoot house as well as outside vehicle/parking lot stuff.

I couldn't even find me in on the screen at first. I was getting really (like really, really) small.
It was actually comical and I have no idea where the hell I got that movement from.
I looked like a dwarf even though I'm about 6ft.

We would see video of some of the guys walking within a foot of a hostile threat and be totally unaware = tunnel vision.

Even breathing had to be taught to some.

One of many interesting twists for me was the way my body reacted one way when defensive/reactive versus when I was Red Team offensive. Great lesson on keeping very aggressive mindset even and especially in a defensive situation.

The video was actually very helpful.
You could have told me what I was doing and I would have called you a liar until I saw it.

Still got several scars from the F'ing Simunition.

LOL, dad always told me, nothing teaches you how to keep a dick in the sand faster, then a BB in the ass.
Safe and effective.

Second best army in Gaza , parking their armor like they are in a dive in cinema or something

Reactions: Huskydriver
Do RPG's have a "safe distance" before they arm? I don't know the term to use. I would've fucked up and shot that wall right in front of me lolz

They appear to be using HEAT rounds. They look dumb as hell. They should use the classics.

Attachments

• rpg.jpg
    rpg.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • rpg7.jpg
    rpg7.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Do RPG's have a "safe distance" before they arm? I don't know the term to use. I would've fucked up and shot that wall right in front of me lolz

They appear to be using HEAT rounds. They look dumb as hell. They should use the classics.
RPGs they have are DIY , home made , and they use tandem warhead only as all the Israeli armor is quite heavily armored.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Second best army in Gaza , parking their armor like they are in a dive in cinema or something

Are they destroying the armor?

I see each time they shoot, there is a big fireball or explosion, and then I see nothing else. They go on to the next one. No dancing around in celebration around a disabled tank. No killing the surviving but injured Israelis climbing out. Just an orange fireball and then on to the next one.

So did the anti-tank weapon do anything, or is it just exploding outside the armor without disabling or destroying the vehicle or its occupants? I mean, for all I know, the tank in each video drove away. Anybody know?

I see each time they shoot, there is a big fireball or explosion, and then I see nothing else. They go on to the next one. No dancing around in celebration around a disabled tank. No killing the surviving but injured Israelis climbing out. Just an orange fireball and then on to the next one.

So did the anti-tank weapon do anything, or is it just exploding outside the armor without disabling or destroying the vehicle or its occupants? I mean, for all I know, the tank in each video drove away. Anybody know?
That's why it's a propaganda film.

That's why it's a propaganda film.
Well, I am not saying they are not disabling the tanks. I do not know enough about the equipment being used or the armor. I was more asking in case anybody participating here knows or maybe there is some video showing the aftermath (good or bad).

funkers made the same observation. he hasn't seen anything showing the affect of the weapons.