• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Something New From Vortex

Тhere is a very specific reason this scope is coming out. For the money it looks quite good and barring something unforeseen, it will do quite well overall.

ILya

Is this the one you were testing on your sheep hunt?

It's $200 less than the SE and $100 more than Diamondback Tactical.

Also might want to edit your title before getting that Arken. ;)

Either way give or take a couple hundred. Ain't gonna buy either, I'll keep my razor. But if I was new with not much change, I'm Picken the arken in terms of value for money. I used to buy chicom scopes. But not now 😉

Either way give or take a couple hundred. Ain't gonna buy either, I'll keep my razor. But if I was new with not much change, I'm Picken the arken in terms of value for money. I used to buy chicom scopes. But not now

So you have handled and used the new Venom?

If I was helping a friend pick a entry scope. It would be a strike eagle or the arken. That 200 in the price dif was cut somewhere more than a few extra up clicks or illumination.. from what I can see

If I was helping a friend pick a entry scope. It would be a strike eagle or the arken. That 200 in the price dif was cut somewhere more than a few extra up clicks or illumination.. from what I can see

Yes as the elevation is not the only difference. The Venom does not have locking knobs or illumination, as mentioned, either. Features some might not need and want to keep the $200 in their pocket. All about options and what people want and need.

Yes as the elevation is not the only difference. The Venom does not have locking knobs or illumination, as mentioned, either. Features some might not need and want to keep the $200 in their pocket. All about options and what people want and need.
Very true. And like I first said if it gets new shooters shooting that's all that matters. But in your opinion is it a topper in the say 600 and under class. I haven't handled either of the 2 I mentioned. It just already seemed like the s.e and arken was on par. From what reviews I have watched and read.

Don't know about topper but a very good option in there.

Waste of a product line up.... what's the market for "I want a scope $100 cheaper then a SE but $100 more then a DB"....

Should have dropped the Razor Gen3 5-25....

Reactions: YotaEer
Once again, it's $200 less at $499 vs $699. $200 can be a lot for some.

I know a lot of folks that got them for sale at $500-600.
EO PRS Membership pricing has them discounted to, liberty optics, and Doug from CLNY will probably all have "demos".

This thing splits the Argos BTR Gen 2 and Helos BTR Gen 2, undercuts the Vortex HST and is priced about the same as the Bushnell Match Pro.

We'd all love a PST G3 or Razor G3, but reality is the further downmarket you go the more potential buyers you have.

We can't all be "not poors", LOL

• Haha
Reactions: MarshallDodge
I know a lot of folks that got them for sale at $500-600.
EO PRS Membership pricing has them discounted to, liberty optics, and Doug from CLNY will probably all have "demos".

And you will see the same with the Venom so they will be less also. Discounted and special pricing is not used to compare pricing.

And you will see the same with the Venom so they will be less also. Discounted and special pricing is not used to compare pricing.

The discounts on EO means there is only an $80 difference between the two..... as I stated in my first post. It's so damn easy to find discounts on vortex optics you might as well compare pricing that way.

This thing splits the Argos BTR Gen 2 and Helos BTR Gen 2, undercuts the Vortex HST and is priced about the same as the Bushnell Match Pro.

We'd all love a PST G3 or Razor G3, but reality is the further downmarket you go the more potential buyers you have.

We can't all be "not poors", LOL

Probably, bigger market protentional with a $500 scope.

So you win a Ferrari and that makes them cheaper than a Honda Civic? Nope. Deals are just that and not what price comparisons are based off of for any sort of accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: Mk32784
This is just a way for vortex to avoid dropping the price on the Strike Eagle...

Good to know as I need a new hunting scope for an R8, so once it comes out, if your review on it is positive, I'll probably be getting it.

I've had it since February or so and my review on it is definitely very positive. So much so that it is basically staying glued to the Fix exactly as it is configured right now and I am going to get another Fix for scope testing and such.

ILya

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
Good to know as I need a new hunting scope for an R8, so once it comes out, if your review on it is positive, I'll probably be getting it.
Are you and I related? My Professional Success 300Norma/7x64 is stinging for a new lightweight FFP scope... Was hoping this was it, but not to be.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
After seeing the venom and transferring my bushnell elite from my 223 to my ar10, I didn’t want to blow a bunch for glass right now, the 5-25 strike eagle is only $60 more with military discount than the venom. I felt it was worth every dollar over the venom.

If it's not a new Razor then it's nothing to get too excited about...

This.

I'm tired of the re-hashed Chinese produced scopes. Take away a feature, add a feature, "a whole new scope!"

I'd still buy a match pro based on feature set.

Reactions: ICU22250
I feel like this thread has been done to death already and will just devolve further, BUT; a new cheap scope with consistent reticle across a brand range is fantastic and it’s the next chapter of scope evolution. This exact model 10 years ago would have been unthinkable at the price it’s offered.

The issue is; it’s an over saturated spot in the market. No doubt economies of scale and where the Venom fits in the price scale means it’s most likely more profitable.

We’ve all probably droned enough about it, but a lightweight (20oz), repeatable, FFP, with good depth of field, an appropriate reticle, quality glass, and a decent magnification range (3-15+) is what’s missing. The Tangent Theta M or H series 3-15x50 is the ultimate; but better would be Minoxs version of the original PH design, or just as good Vortex’s take on the formula.

If optic reps take one thing from this pissing and moaning it’s that this is the niche.

I feel like this thread has been done to death already and will just devolve further, BUT; a new cheap scope with consistent reticle across a brand range is fantastic and it’s the next chapter of scope evolution. This exact model 10 years ago would have been unthinkable at the price it’s offered.

The issue is; it’s an over saturated spot in the market. No doubt economies of scale and where the Venom fits in the price scale means it’s most likely more profitable.

We’ve all probably droned enough about it, but a lightweight (20oz), repeatable, FFP, with good depth of field, an appropriate reticle, quality glass, and a decent magnification range (3-15+) is what’s missing. The Tangent Theta M or H series 3-15x50 is the ultimate; but better would be Minoxs version of the original PH design, or just as good Vortex’s take on the formula.

If optic reps take one thing from this pissing and moaning it’s that this is the niche.

Have faith for just a little bit longer.

ILya

I think eventually vortex wants to have a scope for every $50 increment.

I think eventually vortex wants to have a scope for every $50 increment.

And that is a good thing for consumers as they have options. As mentioned above if this Venom came out 10 years ago it would have been hailed from the highest mountain but now with so many choices people are upset about it. Well just because it isn’t what some want doesn’t mean it’s not what more need. Just be happy there are so many choices now.

As one of the afore mentioned Poor's, I am grateful for the options!

And that is a good thing for consumers as they have options. As mentioned above if this Venom came out 10 years ago it would have been hailed from the highest mountain but now with so many choices people are upset about it. Well just because it isn’t what some want doesn’t mean it’s not what more need. Just be happy there are so many choices now.

As someone that'll probably never require one, I agree and think it was a pretty sensible move on their part. Kind of parrallels Athlon with the Midas TAC vs Ares BTR. Not everyone needs or wants the locking turrets and illumination. Glass I'm sure is probably somewhat comparable to the SE, maybe just splitting hairs. People scoff at the price difference, but that ~100-200 USD price difference is enough for a decent set of rings. If it ends up priced between the Midas Tac and Argos in Canada, it could be a decent budget friendly option for those that generally only shoot during the day and don't want locking turrets.

Reactions: Rob01
Should sell well.

That <500 499 number sells a lot of scopes at big box stores I bet. People have weird budget Tendencies, best ___ under 500 is pretty damn common.

IMO they haven't made a decent rifle scope yet, except for everything they put the Razor name on. The Razor stuff you can inject directly into my veins.

As a casual shooter, I’m interested. My Tikka CTR has a Steiner p4xi 4-16x56 on it and, while good for deer hunting out of a blind, I’d like to have something with a little more reach for those range trips where we bang steel out to 1250. I could also see me acquiring a T1x and sharing this Venom with it and the CTR now that centerfire ammo is in short supply.

Golf gets most of my play money, so I sorta scrounge around for loose change to feed my secondary interest in shooting. This Venom seems like it could do a couple of things for me.

Just pay the extra for the strike eagle if you are in that price range. Otherwise get the Bushnell match pro.

What this scope REALLY needs is Vortex to offer Pro Series rings in 34mm.

At this price point, $59 rings make more sense than $150 rings for MANY buyers.

The Match Pro having a 30mm tube allows me to use cheapo Vortex Tactical rings that work just fine for $40/pair.

What this scope REALLY needs is Vortex to offer Pro Series rings in 34mm.

At this price point, $59 rings make more sense than $150 rings for MANY buyers.

The Match Pro having a 30mm tube allows me to use cheapo Vortex Tactical rings that work just fine for $40/pair.
Already been brought up but good to see more posts wanting them if this is read by the Vortex staff.

Reactions: RFutch
I will have new venom 5-25x56 in my hands today and testing this weekend. The new Venom has what the diamondback is missing; a ZERO stop. There’s 85 MOA elevation and windage, 35oz , 56mm obj. Vortex precision matched 34mm 1.1” rings (made by Seekins)

vortex says glass is far better than diamondback, which I am currently using 6-24 diamondback now. And honestly diamondback is a great scope for the money. Just missing zero stop

midway has scope in stock $499. Brownells has the rings $149

will be testing this weekend on my savage elite precision 6.5 CM. And yes savage fixed the ejection issues reported in earlier models of same gun and it shoots awesome sub MOA groups. The 26” barrel bumps my velocity by 38fps compared to same load in a 24” barrel. 2740fps 140 ELD-M

Surprised; walked out to go to work and scope and rings on back porch. No damage from shipping. It also includes a power throw lever. Guess I know what I’ll be doing tonight

Last edited: