• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Son of a !@##$

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
I had planned to send my POF Revolution 308 back to POF to have a Kreiger barrel fit to it. I got an email this morning that they are no longer taking rifles in for gunsmithing, nor will they provide information to assist you. I asked for the location measurement for the gas port to make sure a new barrel would fit. They informed me that they wont provide that info. So, guess i gotta strip it down and measure it myself. Kinda disappointing.

Is that a bad or good sign for them? They built a pretty good size facility a little while ago-then Trump won and the whole industry-which was already saturated-became super saturated.

Stupid question here..... what brings you to want a Kreiger barrel on this carbine? Are you going with a longer barrel, are you dissatisfied with the OE barrel's accuracy, or what? Not being a smartass, just curious.

Stupid question here..... what brings you to want a Kreiger barrel on this carbine? Are you going with a longer barrel, are you dissatisfied with the OE barrel's accuracy, or what? Not being a smartass, just curious.

Its a legit question. The accuracy of the factoey 16.5 barrel is "meh". Itll shoot 1 moa but hell, so will my dpms. I want to go to an 18" but better quality to try and eek out a bit more.

Reactions: JS8588
Spoke to he folks at CLE, they are gonna handle it for me using a bartleinn barrel. Working out the details with them now. pricey but worth it im sure

Totally worth it IMO. I've talked with POF a few times-and was never blown away by the way they handled things.

I ended up with a POF .308. We bought 12 of them from a local agency who’s SWAT team had mothballed them because POF couldn’t keep them running reliably. My impressions are that the parts are of the highest quality but the assembly leaves much wanting. Of the 12 we bought, 5 of them went to me and close friends. 3 of those 5 had seriously accuracy or reliability issues due to assembly.

Mine would shoot nice groups of 3-5 and then move the group 6”. Turns out the hand guard wasn’t torqued properly by the gunsmiths at POF. I stripped it down, cleaned the threads lock tight and proper torque and it’s been running fine ever since. The other 2 had similar stupid laziness problems.

Spoke to he folks at CLE, they are gonna handle it for me using a bartleinn barrel. Working out the details with them now. pricey but worth it im sure

Yea you won't be disappointed. Bartlein barrels are top notch and CLE does a great job on barrels. If I were to have a 308 AR barrel made today, that's pretty much exactly the route I would choose.

So, i ended up not sending the rifle off to CLE. I traded into a new 18" JP barrel with the same length gas port but holy smokes. I absolutely CANNOT get the pins out of the gas block. I have bent 2-7/16 roll punches trying to budge those little !@@#$$. All i am doing is flattening the ends of them. Ive never had an issue swapping barrels before but I swear that sucker will not budge. grrrrr

So, i ended up not sending the rifle off to CLE. I traded into a new 18" JP barrel with the same length gas port but holy smokes. I absolutely CANNOT get the pins out of the gas block. I have bent 2-7/16 roll punches trying to budge those little !@@#$$. All i am doing is flattening the ends of them. Ive never had an issue swapping barrels before but I swear that sucker will not budge. grrrrr
Are you punching them out from the correct side? They are tapered you know.

They should punch out from left to right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: supercorndogs
A little over 12 years ago I got my 16.5" from POF. I had to send the upper back twice and it shot great after that, but for the price they should shoot great the first time. I got about .5 MOA out of mine.

Yes sir. I have a couple of the 5.56 version and they popped right out. This sucker though.....sheesh

Like S197 said, if you would post some pics of the GB so we can see what your working with?

Also "careful" application of heat can assist in removing these jammed gas block pins. You gotta be quick, start tapping as quickly as possible after removing heat. Or if you can fix the torch head so it's applying heat while you tap. Just be sure that you can kill it quickly.

Did you check to see if the POF parts are compatible with a DPMS large frame barrel?? That POF revolution is one of those new large caliber AR's built on a AR-15 frame.