Maggie’s  Song of the day.

Not a Sniper

Once more unto the breach...
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Stumbled upon this one:

This album was one of the first I purchased as a lad, along with Zep, Sabbath, Fat fingered Theodore and Kiss..... It was also the first concert shirt that I owned with a marijuana leaf on it. LOL. Mom was horrified. "The Devil's lettuce!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyhoo, Foghat was awesome and once I started looking around, came across this one which I haven't seen before (at least that my brain cells recall); watching it now. Lot's of cool folks on this one it seems:

EDIT: Worth watching if you dig the Blues; so many cool things here. This was when Foghat was at their peak (mid-70s) and introduced the Blues as their impetus. Years before SRV or others would do the same. Blues dudes were NOT getting paid or props at this time. Hell, Zeppelin denied their origins-damn shame that.

PS: Am I the only one who HATED those fucking curly input jack cords?! Fucking awful! LOL :LOL: Just sayin'. Who thought THAT was a great idea?!

Last edited:

gibson

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 23, 2020
    Damn I miss going to Dead Shows! I always thought it was cool for them allow recording and a video recording section at their shows. It has left us with many gems. Remember Pig Pen? Seems like a life time ago. Brings back some great memories.

packratt

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2005
    VA
    Damn I miss going to Dead Shows! I always thought it was cool for them allow recording and a video recording section at their shows. It has left us with many gems.
    In a way they still do. For the last 10 years or so, every Novomber, they have had 30 Days of the Dead. Every day they put up 1 unreleased song from a concert for download. There is a site with an archive of each year.

Moe Ron

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 5, 2020
    Roanoke Tx
    😂😂On the weekend I get to working around the house, the yard etc. Always got the music playing. Then it’s, ooh I need to post this on the Hide. Ooh and this one. And this one......I’m swerving all over the place. 😂😂

Reactions: Not a Sniper

Not a Sniper

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Just how I am rolling into this week:

Another version:

Best for last:

Finally made it out to the woods-nothing quite as planned; why would it go as planned?! Something tells me... I come out of this one with some stories (off to an interdasting start). Hoping the fucking bears don't get ahold of me at this rate! :LOL:

• Love
    Reactions: Moe Ron

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Just how I am rolling into this week:

Another version:

Best for last:

Finally made it out to the woods-nothing quite as planned; why would it go as planned?! Something tells me... I come out of this one with some stories (off to an interdasting start). Hoping the fucking bears don't get ahold of me at this rate! :LOL:
    Don't forget to check out the master of the telecaster, the iceman Albert Collins.

Not a Sniper

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • I’m gonna swerve on over here

I took the other off ramp:

Being honest-first non-Hendrix guy... reckon some effects in there Jimi simply did with his hands.

Thinking back to Rockpalast (the club in Germany)... think the last time thru there-there was a VW Beetle hanging from the ceiling (Ted Nugent). LOL. Fack aging is a bitch. Look no further than Robin and the boys!

Beats the alternatives. An opinion.

And these guys sound great for the date of thee concert. Just saying.

Reactions: Moe Ron

Moe Ron

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 5, 2020
    Roanoke Tx
    Roy Buchanan along with Danny Galton, two of the greatest players ever. Both with troubled lives and very sad endings.
    Oh, and proving once again that the Telecaster is the greatest guitar of all times. 😬😎😂

Reactions: Davo308

Davo308

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 18, 2019
    Roy Buchanan along with Danny Galton, two of the greatest players ever. Both with troubled lives and very sad endings.
    Oh, and proving once again that the Telecaster is the greatest guitar of all times. 😬😎😂

Blackguard tele is where its at.

Joel Danielson

Green Manalishi
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 12, 2012
    wondering
    Stumbled upon this one:

This album was one of the first I purchased as a lad, along with Zep, Sabbath, Fat fingered Theodore and Kiss..... It was also the first concert shirt that I owned with a marijuana leaf on it. LOL. Mom was horrified. "The Devil's lettuce!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyhoo, Foghat was awesome and once I started looking around, came across this one which I haven't seen before (at least that my brain cells recall); watching it now. Lot's of cool folks on this one it seems:

EDIT: Worth watching if you dig the Blues; so many cool things here. This was when Foghat was at their peak (mid-70s) and introduced the Blues as their impetus. Years before SRV or others would do the same. Blues dudes were NOT getting paid or props at this time. Hell, Zeppelin denied their origins-damn shame that.

PS: Am I the only one who HATED those fucking curly input jack cords?! Fucking awful! LOL :LOL: Just sayin'. Who thought THAT was a great idea?!
    They should know how to play the blues when you consider that 3 of them were with Savoy Brown right before they started Foghat. Lonesome Dave was defiantly the best lead singer Savoy had IMO.

Last edited:

Joel Danielson

Green Manalishi
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 12, 2012
    wondering
    Pumping out 9mm rounds for a friend that just picked up a new H&K that I need to spend some time with...

Just acquired this, so probably more for the Duane side of things.

Attachments

• IMG_1242[2498].jpg
      IMG_1242[2498].jpg
      561.5 KB · Views: 5

Not a Sniper

Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • SRV in Austin, 1980, Steamboat 1874.

Outside of El Mocambo, this shit was seminal SRV. 1980.... Ozzy left Sabbath, grabbed a dude named Randy Rhodes. Ronnie James Dio joined Sabbath. And SRV was just ripping shit up like NO ones bidness. Crazy shit indeed.

I don't think I ever seen Stevie with a slide-but that shit was spot on!