• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Dunno. Guess my age is showing. Those things are not on the interwebs, and so many things that were a big deal to me don't seem to have made the leap. Kinda sad. Guess younger folks won't "know." Just weird-I assumed they were there.

Rufus T (a Memphis dude who was so cool you cannot define) seldom captured on the interwebs it seems.

Rufus, Walkin' the Dog:

And even James freakin' Brown. Not enough of what I recall watching in my youth:

Ray Charles:

Just kinda weird that I recall all these things and they are not really captured well. (I'll go scream at some clouds now I reckon)

I cannot believe most of what I searched has not been captured for future generations. Watched Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker on BET jamming with some African folks back in the day-nowhere to be seen. It is what got me back on Jack Bruce and Steve Vai in the 90's. Just fucking bumming it seems lost. Guess it is just me on a Friday.

Hoping the tunes make up for my rambling.

Just go dig those Rufus boots out the attic(I know you got some) and strut around a little bit. You’ll be alright. Just don’t pull a muscle. 😎

I remember we used to buy a brand new pair of Levi’s and cut the hem off so they’d fringe. Least that was hip in Hillbilly Town Missouri 😂

LOL-what an odd group of people. Tommy Shaw (vegitarian) and Fat fingers Theodore who shot anything and ate it. Not a huge fan of the group. I blame Tommy's bangs....

But I was thinking about Ted recently. Dude is awesome. I couldn't find either clip. The first he was hunting in Michigan and had a series on TV. Was talking about the shotgun he was holding. Something like: Hunting and his guitars were similar. Elements of wood (he taps the stock) elements of metal (taps the barrel), looks into the camera and says: "And, I'll be damned if'n I can't bring dinner home with the both of them!" LOL

One New Years Eve he was playing the Silverdome (caught this on TV) and they lowered him to the stage on a harness system, which he unhooked (like a rappel seat) from his crotch. He says: "I'm just gonna let my big ole rock-n-roll balls loose" and the crowd goes wild clapping. He then says "Yeah, those folks listening to the radio right now have no idea what is going on!" :LOL:

Ted is the real deal.

Love Ted, but it's a shame that Derek never got any fame for his vocals on that song...

Reactions: Not a Sniper
Anybody ever watch a YouTube channel "Live at Daryl's house"? It's Daryl Hall, from Hall & Oats, and he has a group of guys he hangs with. They have all kinds of guests like Joe Walsh, The O'Jays, Billy Gibbons... These guys can play damn near anything. Here they are playing a classic from the Temps.

Reactions: 37L1 and theLBC
Somewhere back, we took a grunge/Seattle turn...

Got me thinking a bit about Chris Cornell. Dude played with many talented folks through the years:

(Look away if you have the epilepsy) Rusty Cage (Soundgarden):

Temple of the Dog, Hunger Strike:

Screeeeeetch.

Record coming off the turn table dude.

Looking at your words, it is damaging. IMO.

I'm pasty white, but that is the words I heard as a kid. And it isn't true. There really isn't black and white music. There is MUSIC! Do not look for others to "accept" what is offered. Fuck the others.

I listened to crazy shit as a kid and it resonated or didn't. I listened to Pavorati. CRAZY shit. Italian and it took me a bunch of time to understand what he spoke of-but i did. Do not knock what you don't understand. Beatles, Frankie Valley, Temptations, Four Tops... same shit different day.

I spent two decades in the Army and I learned it doesn't matter one bit. We are human. And humans relate. When humans do not-there is a very serious problem. Anyone covering my ass is a good person. They are family.

Music is SO much better than humans I cannot explain. No one really cares about wide brushes. We all are the same-we all bleed. We all look for folks to understand these things.

Because a community does not see it as you do? That is what it is. Not a knock on the community.

Life would be seriously awful if we all liked the same shit-just an opinion. I'm an asshole and I love me some other assholes. To each his/her own.

Life.

6C7F253A-C9AB-4653-8AE3-AF5AE1449131.jpeg

One for my Nam brother who isn't doing so great these days. 3 yrs in that shithole and RA running amok (reckon that is Agent Orange doing it's thing). Spoke with him today and he isn't laughing at shit as normal-that is not a good sign. We are morons and if we cannot laugh, it is a problem in my opinion. Told him I'd plant him on the land I am looking to buy right now. He stays in AZ as he cannot do the cold anymore.

Anyhoo-was looking at Eagles as I really wanted to chill, but landed here. His timeframe. This seems right for tonight.

CCR:

One for those boys who were before my dumb ass. You are all in my thoughts tonight.

The Lemmy Conundrum....

Crazy as shit-but look at those ladies squirm. Just sayin'.

Little Richard does his thang. The root of all this evil. LMAO.

Yeah. Lemmy for President.... LOL.

I'll keep it in the other thread from here.

Lemmy is the man. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Familydude
The Lemmy Conundrum....

Crazy as shit-but look at those ladies squirm. Just sayin'.

Little Richard does his thang. The root of all this evil. LMAO.

Yeah. Lemmy for President.... LOL.

I'll keep it in the other thread from here.

Lemmy is the man. Just sayin'.

And tryin' to chill on a Sunday:

Upon further thought... I should grow that beard now so I can be a Granddaddy akin to these boys. LOL. If'n your beard ain't in the way of soup and shit... ya just miss out on those cool points.

Reckon ZZ and Duck Dynasty is the way to roll when you get old enough to not give a shit and want to amuse your grand kids. LOL.

Reactions: Moe Ron
Damn. I guess I am a rathole muthafucker. Sorry dude.

Glenn Campbell with an Ovation, shit yeah!

He never got props for shit. IMO.

No stress brother. Just shakin' this shit out.

And your latest is good stuff IMO. Seriously.

Weird how our childhoods influence us. Weird how today's lame shit is popular.

Crazy talk.

• Love
Reactions: Moe Ron
So tired. So pissed off, Need for decompression....

Gilmore. Nothing new prolly. Meh.

I dig seeing them as old guys, as if'n we are lucky, we become them. Old, fat, tight vocal chords. An opinion, and I'll start there. Dude does so much more with less. Ridiculous.

Still pretending to have hair, further back we go:

And, because we are here:

When you have a line of beautiful women singing behind you , making you sound better, you've clearly made it.

The end? Nah.

I'm sensing a Bonomassa follow up. Just sayin'.

Never as good as Hendrix, but worth a listen.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really like Kenny's version. There's an interview with Stevie Ray where he talked about it being taboo to cover Jimi, but you know Stevie did 3rd Stone, Voodoo and Little Wing and gave others the courage to give it a shot.

I really like Kenny's version. There's an interview with Stevie Ray where he talked about it being taboo to cover Jimi, but you know Stevie did 3rd Stone, Voodoo and Little Wing and gave others the courage to give it a shot.

As good as Jimi was, I believe Stevie Ray's covers were better. It's just my personal opinion, nothing more.

So much goin' on here. IMO.

Kenny Wayne, I had hoped would replace SRV-he cannot. Just not there. IMO. Kenny is such a talented dude-no words. But not SRV. He clearly had other ideas.

SRV and Jimi. The conundrum. LMAO.

Jimi was beyond talented IMO. I discovered Jimi from his early days when I was born. At that time, Jimi, sounded like no one but Jimi. Bees knees.

Half the blues guys hated him (seriously). Half were gob smacked like the rest of us.

SRV entered much later as blues was dying in the 80s. IMO. And he ripped off enough for folks to understand, but never crossed the line like Jimi (psychedelic shit and rock with blues). Jimi was bashed by the black, blues community while SRV was seen as a "crossover" and royalties. Sad but true.

SRV was also one to pay homage (clearly) to those he learned from. Never understood it fully, but SRV was accepted much more than Jimi in many ways with the blues players.

SRV was (to me) a weird alien who could channel music and pay homage but not rip off so many, many before him. I suspect folks realized, that cat could just "stream" music out of his brain/paws. Like no one ever seen. To date IMO. Dude was a conductor of pure music. Blessed. IMO.

I miss that guy like no body's business. SRV was the epitome to me. To others, dunno. For me, that is the truth.

Not sure anyone could replace him IMO.