• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

For all of my gun carrying, guitar shredding fellow patriots.....This guitar solo should give you all chills! Recommend listening to song in it's entirety and the lyrical content to add to the solo's emotional feel. 🤘 ;)

• Love
Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
Ran across this today. That be me. Late 90s I think. My daughter on the right. We were in Austin for a softball tournament. Had to pay my respects. Didn’t get a picture of me rolling on the ground weeping.
3AFA6A35-1ACF-44C4-A166-D68BC07EC6B8.jpeg

I hadn't heard of his physical illnesses. What a shame!! That's awful. However, if he really is a social hermit and chooses to stay indoors and only record music, that health set back is kind of on him. You have to move your body and get some sunlight! I do know he's recored a SHIT TON of albums. All of which are extremely well done! Either way, he's one of the great underdogs of the guitar!!

Never been much of a fan of the classical nylon acoustic. I always preferred a traditional steel string acoustic. Though, I certainly can appreciate a fine classical guitarist. But, few things sound sweeter than my freshly tuned Taylor 314 Grand auditorium. :)

For the absolute master of all things guitar.....There's no man better than Dream Theater's John Petrucci. Who, next to Jimi, David Gilmour and Stevie Ray is the main reason I play guitar and my biggest musical influence. Some of their music absolutely speaks to my soul, its crazy. These guys are my absolute favorite band! Seen them live 9 different times, i think? I lost count. Somewhere around there. 🤘:cool: From absolute lightning fast runs, riff complexity to emotional guitar solos, JP does it all. I even have one of his signature Ernie Ball Music Man guitars through a Mesa/Boogie mark 5. Perfect amp for everything!

Can't mention Petrucci without adam02

• Haha
Reactions: Not a Sniper
Holy shit... I get barraged with dumb shit and look away for a week or so... THIS is what happens! :LOL:

Lotta shit going on here lately.

@ColinW Petrucci - a name I haven't heard in ages. Did some looking around-dude still jammin'! Fuck yeah. Way talented dude, on guitar and musically. Dream Theater? Not so much for me. All very talented, but not what I want to sit and listen too for too long. Petrucci's misfortune (IMO) came about his timing in awareness-so many dudes were flooding the scene late 80's early 90's with that pedigree. Very fast, theory impeccable. That is literally when I turned away and went back to blues. I think Buckethead dude, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman, (Jesus my old brain cells hurt just now!) all were doing this thing at the same time. Just blazing, faultless, but to me... I'd rather hear Gilmore or BB wiggle a note for 4 bars. Just saying. I was just listening to Sirius and Ozzy's Boneyard or some shit and they mentioned Alan Holdsworth.... got me thinking way back, Al DiMeola-same thang. Just too much theory/jazz for my ears.)

@Moe Ron Beatles covers sacrilege?! Quick dumb story: First full trip to Europe (MTV was new-I'm old) I caught MTV Europe! There were a bunch of Spaniards doing a "Flaminco sortta thing" with All my Loving.... No words to explain that sound and "All my lubbing! I will gib tooooo juuuuu!" LMFAO! :ROFLMAO: That was some great shit! 40 years on, still in the memory banks so.....

Organs, piano, I'm old school - Ray Charles, Dr. John, something, but that opens a whole 'nuther door here.

@Ledzep - I reckon we are related somehow.

@BullGear - Whitney sang like a bird. Like Aretha for me. Just beyond talented, that shit was God given. (Hang in there dude, saw your other thread, listen to those tunes and you will be fine dude.)

Who cares what I think?! No one-but I am damned glad y'all post as it reminds me of what cool shit has been and will come. I'll try and find something to drop here before the world interferes again. A week-whoosh. Gone. Fuck I need to get out into the woods directly. Just sayin'.

Hopefully can drop something before they call me about work again. Coin flip. Just wanted to reply.

@ColinW Petrucci - a name I haven't heard in ages. Did some looking around-dude still jammin'! Fuck yeah. Way talented dude, on guitar and musically. Dream Theater? Not so much for me. All very talented, but not what I want to sit and listen too for too long. Petrucci's misfortune (IMO) came about his timing in awareness-so many dudes were flooding the scene late 80's early 90's with that pedigree. Very fast, theory impeccable. That is literally when I turned away and went back to blues. I think Buckethead dude, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman, (Jesus my old brain cells hurt just now!) all were doing this thing at the same time. Just blazing, faultless, but to me... I'd rather hear Gilmore or BB wiggle a note for 4 bars. Just saying. I was just listening to Sirius and Ozzy's Boneyard or some shit and they mentioned Alan Holdsworth.... got me thinking way back, Al DiMeola-same thang. Just too much theory/jazz for my ears.)

20440EF6-33BF-414A-B197-683E3A22CAAB.jpeg

Joking aside. 🤘🏻😆 I hear ya! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the blues! Particularly Texas blues with Stevie Ray. You’re a goddamn communist if you can’t appreciate the blues. SRV is still one of my guitar playing influencers. At the time I became more focused on learning how to play guitar, I was getting into the metal & grunge scene with some early Metallica, Alice In Chains and STP. But, the second I heard Dream Theater, I was hooked. The sound & the musical composition style were what I was looking for to help find my own style and sound.

The beautiful thing about music is there’s something for everyone. 🤘🏻🙂👍🏻

Yeah... we are definately related somehow I reckon. :ROFLMAO:

"John Henry" just confirmed. Very weird.

I knew me a real "John Henry"-he was a badass sumbitch. Hard as woodpecker lips. Wound up in many shenanigans with John Henry in the Army over a couple tours. Not suitable for the interwebs.

Very cool what you did there. Always awesome to see what folks are digging. Just sayin'. (y)

Reactions: Ledzep
Took forever, but Buddy landed today. Was gonna post this elsewhere-but I reckon the guitar nerds are here so...

Buddy Finished.jpg

You can also see the neck replacement on the P-bass finalized. All this is woodwork by Warmoth.

For the true Guitar nerds: Buddy has Warmoth 1 piece swamp ash body. Buddy paint ( I found one wrinkle I smoothed on top horn w/2000-3000 grit and polishing compound); mostly Fender shit including 57/62 pickups, vintage body/routing.

The neck is Warmoth roasted, flame maple, dark Indian rosewood fretboard. Earvana nut (which I liked on Jimmy), and a flat 16" radius like SRV used and is on the SRV sig strat. Jimmy has a compound 10-16", but I definitely grooved on the Earvana nut-weird but a thang.

Anyhoo-I am guessing folks will know who I was thinking about with this one. Hope so anyhoo....

Here he is with a young Jonny Lang. Another kid I thought had the chops to step into Stevie's shoes. Nope. :(

Jonny again, Montreux '99:

I lined up 10 days in the woods directly; Buddy will get a thorough going over and.... in between seasons, the critters are safe (maybe not the fish....), but it is much needed at this particular junction! Just sayin'! I still need to sight in new rifle and scope from end of last year-I suck, last 6-7 months have been brutal.

Don't pay attention to the singing but watch this drummer, Steve Moore. Gotta be one of the most animated drummers to ever take the stage.

Then you may have seen him on The Office.

• Haha
I'm thinking this one has already been posted but I got to say IZ=Great Singer. Sorry his life choices caused his death.

I am convinced that this is the best cover of that song, ever done and recorded. Absolutely wonderful!

Don't pay attention to the singing but watch this drummer, Steve Moore. Gotta be one of the most animated drummers to ever take the stage.

Then you may have seen him on The Office.

Drummer's are weirdos!

Drummer's are like goalies in hockey.

There is a reason they explode in Spinal Tap.

That is all.

Unless... you are a"John Henry" drummer:

Reactions: MrGTO
I know naught about the Squirrel Mafia. I get a chuckle from some of the posts. I don’t know why I’m laughing yet I do. So I offer this. I don’t know why I’m laughing........😂😂

So, thinking back on those young guns after Stevie... there were some weird talents that never filled the void for me, but they are talented. Crazily. One who didn't fill the void but has great chops is John Mayer IMO. He could do Stevie and Jimi like no ones business. I guess most folks don't wanna be pegged as "the guy who plays like Stevie.". SRV didn't (and didn't rip anyone off), but I guess SRV kinda connected with me in a way I wish someone else could. No dice. So far.

Anyhoo, here is some stuff from John Mayer. Who, nowadays, is mostly crooning to ovaries. But don't let that fool ya. He can play (also not sure he has been on this thread....). Very, very talented dude IMO.

He loved SRV like many:

Jimi and SRV chops:

Doing Bill Withers (who was AWESOME!):

Just sayin'....

Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moe Ron
I know there a lot of you that are immersed in classical music that you listen to it while reloading ammunition. It’s probably the number one topic of conversation at cocktail parties and whilst playing bridge. There’s probably only one station on your car radio and it’s classical.

Here’s a wonderful rendition of Bach played in G minor. A word of caution is in order. Do not watch this video with your wife or teenage son around.

Funny. I’m just sittin’ back, relaxin’, chillin’ not doing anything stressful like reloading. Just sharpening knives, cleaning guns. Listening to some positive energy tunes. You know. Mellow 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂

I know there a lot of you that are immersed in classical music that you listen to it while reloading ammunition. It’s probably the number one topic of conversation at cocktail parties and whilst playing bridge. There’s probably only one station on your car radio and it’s classical.

Here’s a wonderful rendition of Bach played in G minor. A word of caution is in order. Do not watch this video with your wife or teenage son around.

Very nice. But if I’m being honest, the outfit kinda’ ruined it for me.😂

Stumbled upon this one:

This album was one of the first I purchased as a lad, along with Zep, Sabbath, Fat fingered Theodore and Kiss..... It was also the first concert shirt that I owned with a marijuana leaf on it. LOL. Mom was horrified. "The Devil's lettuce!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyhoo, Foghat was awesome and once I started looking around, came across this one which I haven't seen before (at least that my brain cells recall); watching it now. Lot's of cool folks on this one it seems:

EDIT: Worth watching if you dig the Blues; so many cool things here. This was when Foghat was at their peak (mid-70s) and introduced the Blues as their impetus. Years before SRV or others would do the same. Blues dudes were NOT getting paid or props at this time. Hell, Zeppelin denied their origins-damn shame that.

PS: Am I the only one who HATED those fucking curly input jack cords?! Fucking awful! LOL :LOL: Just sayin'. Who thought THAT was a great idea?!

Last edited: